• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Raft

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALittleNerd

In Kingdom Heats 1, the trio Sora, Riku and Kairi planed to go sailing in a tiny little raft into the ocean to go see new worlds. Course we know this never ends up happening cause Ansem comes in and destroys the island. BUT (and this is just speculation) what if Ansem HADN'T of come and destroyed the island? The three would've went off on their little adventure like nothing happened. What would have happened to them? Would they have sailed around the world? Destiny Islands is pretty tiny. Or would they have died? I mean, a few coconuts, some mushrooms, and a jar of drinking water wouldn't have carried them very far. Not even accounting weather.

They didn't even seem to think of those consequences ether, like how dangerous and stupid that was. Granted they were kids being idealistic, but maybe it was a good thing the island was attacked. It separated them, but it could have saved their lives. What do you guys think?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Funny enough, DDD actually gives us an answer to what happened to the raft... time-travelling Sora and Riku swiped it before the storm came.

Really though, if all had gone according to plan, there's no telling what would've happened. Honestly, it's possible that they just wanted to see a new landmass than the one they'd been stuck on for nearly all their lives. Without the end of the world intervening, though, it's pretty likely that the trio would've been lost at sea.

Neyan

Realistically of course, they would have been lost at sea, or at least returned to the islands after a few days at the latest, but you never know with Kingdom Hearts, I mean it has happened before that characters just crossed to other worlds without flying through space, so they might as well have reached another world, or at least another landmass at some point.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
why didn't they just take the boats

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
why didn't they just take the boats

Maybe they didn't want to steal their families' boats? I mean, it was already bad enough that they were planning to run away and go on a trip that they might never return from...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Maybe they didn't want to steal their families' boats? I mean, it was already bad enough that they were planning to run away and go on a trip that they might never return from...

there looked to be one boat for each person, meaning that those boats were meant for them to get around from island to island. i know it was just for character development and exposition as far as building the raft but why. didn't. they. take. a. goddamn. boat. smh, im glad their families and home was swallowed by the unending abyss.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm about 90% sure that shitty raft would've broken after a maximum of 30 minutes, sending them swimming but luckily near the island so they can still go home and realize how stupid they are.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If all went well and there were no storms and stuff (and we aren't thinking realistically), if they believed with all of their heart that they wanted to see a new world (because this is Kingdom Hearts where all you have to do is believe in the power of your heart and anything is possible), they would have possibly crossed over into the "sea of worlds" and made it to one.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm not really sure why they thought they could get to another world by crossing a sea in the first place. Maybe there's a portal into the world map somewhere in the sea that they know of, kind of like Traverse Town and Coliseum had a huge ass door that somehow led to space. You know, local tales about ships going missing there and stuff so they're all hey cool, let's take a raft and go there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not really sure why they thought they could get to another world by crossing a sea in the first place.

Because Kairi washed up on shore of Destiny Islands. Not knowing anything else, their theory was that if Kairi came from the sea they could also go out to sea and leave.

Maybe there's a portal into the world map somewhere in the sea that they know of, kind of like Traverse Town and Coliseum had a huge ass door that somehow led to space. You know, local tales about ships going missing there and stuff so they're all hey cool, let's take a raft and go there.

It is not so much a portal that exists but they can be made. Kairi was thrown out into the Lanes Between and so Aqua's magic guided her to Destiny Islands (likely either a portal or literally just guiding her there)

The Beast created a pathway from his castle to Hollow Bastion just by his own will alone. The heart is very powerful in what it can do.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly, I would have loved to have seen an alternate tale were they succeeded with sailing the worlds on their raft, their island wasn't destroyed, and Riku wielding the kingdom key and not succumbing to darkness.

I'm about 90% sure that shitty raft would've broken after a maximum of 30 minutes, sending them swimming but luckily near the island so they can still go home and realize how stupid they are.

I laughed so hard at this for five solid minutes

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Funny enough, DDD actually gives us an answer to what happened to the raft... time-travelling Sora and Riku swiped it before the storm came.

I'm forever going to be annoyed that Kairi didn't go with them. Especially since DDD was the game for the ten-year-anniversary, but anyway...

About why they didn't take the boats, my bet is that you really need a sail to travel through the ocean: something that those boats didn't have.

Also, they wanted to travel together. And if some huge wave came over them, or something, the trio might have gotten separated without being able to do anything about it, if they'd been in separate canoes, instead of one giant (Ha!) raft together.

Not that the raft idea was any better, though. If it had been like the raft that was made on season three of the TV show "The Mole", (which was made in just a few hours, was so much more complete than Sora, Riku's, and Kairi's was, and actually would have worked if the Mole hadn't sabotaged it), then maybe then we would've been talking. LOL.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, if the trio would have succeeded in arriving to The Lanes Between, would they have run into problems there? People need some kinda protection from the darkness that lingers there. I wonder if Kairi`s PoH status would have given her any sort of protection?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hmm, if the trio would have succeeded in arriving to The Lanes Between, would they have run into problems there? People need some kinda protection from the darkness that lingers there. I wonder if Kairi`s PoH status would have given her any sort of protection?

it would have, but sora and riku would have been corrupted by the darkness and eaten kairi out of hunger.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If all went well and there were no storms and stuff (and we aren't thinking realistically), if they believed with all of their heart that they wanted to see a new world (because this is Kingdom Hearts where all you have to do is believe in the power of your heart and anything is possible), they would have possibly crossed over into the "sea of worlds" and made it to one.
Well it worked for a message in a bottle after all.

I'm forever going to be annoyed that Kairi didn't go with them. Especially since DDD was the game for the ten-year-anniversary, but anyway...
Got to stay true to how she was depicted in those ten years I guess

They would've been fine. Both Sora and Riku have traveled through the lanes between before. It's only really a problem if you do it frequently without protection (hey oh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back