• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Smartest Version of Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This isn't counting those connected him, Nobodies, or clones. I mean just between:

KH1, CoM, KH2, and DDD.

Of these versions which do feel Sora put his brains to their best efforts?

redcrown

Awards
Maybe technically KH1, but it felt more like he was just flat 80% of the time. All I can picture is his KH1 fish face.......and lots of scenes of slow nothing with very few emotive lines, even from some of the Disney characters.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I have this crack theory that sometime between CoM and II, someone used the memory-restoring computer to watch some shonen anime, and it ended up rubbing off on Sora's personality.

I guess KH1 and CoM Sora are pretty much on par with eachother. CoM Sora also had a legitimate reason to act irrationally, since his memories were getting screwed around.

(I know clones or connections don't count, but I'd say that Data Sora's sharper than the real thing.)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
yall don't give DDD sora enough slack. if i was in a fictional playground where i had the powers of a god i would act like a goof too.

but i have to go with CoM on this one.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I wouldn't really call Sora stupid, but him in DDD REALLY comes close.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's stupid in DDD.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Maybe I just don't have a solid memory of the game (I've only played it once when it first came out) but it's weird that so many players lasting impression of Sora in DDD is him being stupid. All of my lasting impressions of Sora from that game were the moments where he showed more emotional depth than usual. The moments that stuck with me were like the scene at the end of Hunchback with him being absorbed into the light (and it's parallel in the ending), or the Friendship is Power scene, or "Aren't you afraid of becoming someone else?" or his stuff with Neku, etc. By the time the game finished those were the Sora moments that I remembered and that stuck with me, but from the sound of it, everyone else's thoughts of Sora in DDD is just "stupid" lol.

IDK. Maybe I'll notice this so-called stupidity more on a replay (hi 2.8) but, yeah, my lasting impression of Sora in DDD was pretty favourable.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe I just don't have a solid memory of the game (I've only played it once when it first came out) but it's weird that so many players lasting impression of Sora in DDD is him being stupid. All of my lasting impressions of Sora from that game were the moments where he showed more emotional depth than usual. The moments that stuck with me were like the scene at the end of Hunchback with him being absorbed into the light (and it's parallel in the ending), or the Friendship is Power scene, or "Aren't you afraid of becoming someone else?" or his stuff with Neku, etc. By the time the game finished those were the Sora moments that I remembered and that stuck with me, but from the sound of it, everyone else's thoughts of Sora in DDD is just "stupid" lol.

IDK. Maybe I'll notice this so-called stupidity more on a replay (hi 2.8) but, yeah, my lasting impression of Sora in DDD was pretty favourable.
True... I guess calling him stupid in that game is too harsh. Especially for a person who favors Sora such as myself.

I'll just say he's the most goofy in DDD.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I guess the reason for that might be that he is just so happy during DDD? Sora was finally able to get back to Destiny Islands, his home, and got two of his best friends back. I would probably be goofy and happy too. Maybe Sora also thought there was not any real danger in the test, and that also affects his behavior?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Maybe Sora also thought there was not any real danger in the test, and that also affects his behavior?
That definitely seems to be part of the angle they were going for. It isn't until Symphony that Xehanort flat out says "If you still think I'm just part of your little test, than you're softer than they say". And that's the last world before shit goes down, lol. So I think for Sora he was probably for a large portion operating under the assumption that he was not in danger.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That definitely seems to be part of the angle they were going for. It isn't until Symphony that Xehanort flat out says "If you still think I'm just part of your little test, than you're softer than they say". And that's the last world before shit goes down, lol. So I think for Sora he was probably for a large portion operating under the assumption that he was not in danger.

Which itself would be kind of stupid in my opinion, sorry.
I mean, it's okay to think it's "just" a test but..he's seen so much shit throughout his journey he should know things don't just go easy on him.

Anyways, yes, I did find him kinda dumb in 3D.
His smartest version...phew, dunno, CoM maybe.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Which itself would be kind of stupid in my opinion, sorry..
Eh. I don't think it helps that nothing in the dream worlds matter either. Like the whole thing feels not-real. And we can't forget that the game literally begins with a phantom Ursula that, as far as we can tell, IS part of the test, and was just fake. Sets a dangerous precedent. I don't think Sora actually operates under the entire game believing there is no danger whatsoever but I can see him doubting things.

idk, again, I need to actually replay the game while paying mind to this stuff, but overall my opinion of Sora in DDD was still favourable.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I guess the main problem is that the player has the direct comparison to Riku in this game. Sora alone probably would be understandable, but compared to Riku, he just really seems kinda goofy.

Still, I did like that he actually cared for e.g. Roxas and the other people connected to him. I know it kind of happened in Coded, but meh, it wasn't as good imo.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I guess the main problem is that the player has the direct comparison to Riku in this game. Sora alone probably would be understandable, but compared to Riku, he just really seems kinda goofy.

Still, I did like that he actually cared for e.g. Roxas and the other people connected to him. I know it kind of happened in Coded, but meh, it wasn't as good imo.
I was just about to say exactly this, but you beat me to it.

Something that people tend to gloss over is that Sora drops the dorky goofball approach as soon as he touches down in front of Memory's Skyscraper ... Okay, who wouldn't after getting detoured into a hostile world, ambushed by some walking plot twists, and dragged through several very trippy dream sequences before the gameplay even starts, but that's beside the point.
Anyways, pretty much all of his actions and reactions in that world were done out of understandable anger or confusion, along with a strong desire to help others. His friendship speech at the very end was one of this series' very finest. If he really was dumb, he wouldn't have acted the way he did when things got really bad.

Anagram

Banned
KH1 or Coded. "Wait! Coded has data Sora! He's not even the real one!" Yes exactly.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's always KH1 with ya, man.

Always....
Well, the other options are CoM (which is more or less the same, only with several lapses in judgement towards the end of the story), KHII (stereotypical shonen teen protag), or DDD (KHII with extra dorky goofball). Not much of a selection, is there?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, the other options are CoM (which is more or less the same, only with several lapses in judgement towards the end of the story), KHII (stereotypical shonen teen protag), or DDD (KHII with extra dorky goofball). Not much of a selection, is there?
967.gif

seems legit

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
KH1/CoM (Sora is pretty much the same in CoM as he was in KH1.) In KHII, Sora was very...generic shonen hero (I don't think the memory pod had air holes. It would explain a lot.)
He was better in DDD, sort of. He was way too happy, or maybe cocky is the word. He should have caught on quicker that something was wrong with the test, given how much he's been through.

redcrown

Awards
I actually found CoM Sora to be the most downright illogical and irrational. He had less 'dumb and goofy' moments sure, but he made a ton of bad decisions left and right (though he was oddly somewhat smart in the fake card world stories). He pretty much willingly and knowingly put himself into a trap, yet was still shocked that all his memories of Namine ended up being a lie.

The CoM villains warned him of the consequences of moving through the castle every other floor, and he didn't listen. At least in DDD he thought it was just a test or part of the dream, so it's a bit more excusable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back