• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2016 Game of the Year Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
2016 has just gotten started, but that doesn't mean it's too early to start talking about the best game we've played so far this year. I think it's always interesting to see how the Game of the Year discussion evolves as the year progresses. Gamess we initially loved start to take a backseat to some of the fresher experiences, but maybe starting a discussion on it early can remind us of what we loved throughout the year. It is a place to reccomend games and praise those that really stood out as something special, but a place where we can also talk about what disappointed us. Having a thread dedicated to this specific topic is a nice way to see where everyone stands on what they've played throughout the year.

Did you have a game of the year last year? Have you played anything yet this year? How was it?

What are you looking forward to throughout the 2016 as far as gaming is concerned?

Just please, spare those of us who have yet to play something by using spoiler tags where appropriate, thanks.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I have played fifteen games so far this year and so far I have loved none of them :/

I don't have any new releases to look forward to until the summer as well so I expect this to be another misshapen year for me games wise lol. That being said there are a number of potential GOTY candidates coming out from summer on that I'm looking forward to and that will hopefully win me over (Persona 5, Zelda WiiU, Night in the Woods, etc)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I have played fifteen games so far this year and so far I have loved none of them :/

Ow+god+i+had+a+heart+attack+just+now+so+_8e3634d63c86c0c42724739cca1e8aa2.jpg

MH4U/Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS was my 2015 GOTY.

Nothing yet this year (so far)

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've just been playing Call of Duty, as nothing last year really did it for me, and I tried a lot of stuff. Fallout 4 was just okay in my opinion. So far this year all I've played is Firewatch. I actually played it a couple nights ago, and man was it good. It actually made me feel excited, nervous, and upset at different times, and there was even a point where I laughed out loud. It's the first game in a couple years that has invoked such feelings , and although it's the only game I played so far this year, it's my current GOTY leader, as it deserves to be considered such. Truly a special game.

I recently preordered Uncharted 4, and am looking forward to KH 2.8, Final Fantasy XV, and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i find it questionable you made a GOTY thread before no man's sky, uncharted 4 and final fantasy xv are out, but, okay.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I... don't even think I'm playing something atm that came out this year. I would say Trails in the Sky First Chapter is easily gonna be one of my GOTYs, but it's not a new release so it wouldn't count for a 2016 GOTY.

That being said, I've had a good year with games thus far, either way. I think Dyscourse is a 2016 game, and that one was been calling my name (and Firewatch-sensei).

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I haven't even played a game that came out this year yet :/ My wants this year are Final Fantasy XV, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Zelda U, and No Man's Sky. Oh and maybe Doom. I don't really know what other games are coming. You have to have games this year to judge on games this year. If it came out December 2015 then it should still be part of 2015's list lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back