• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The retinues of Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
-The retinues of Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum-

bdnjUqbg.jpg

The world is dying and the isolated Kingdom protected and blessed by the crystal is taking it`s last breath. The heretic outside forces are making their way to the royal palace, and the curtains rise for the tragedy that is about to unfold.
Prince Noctis and his friends embark on an journey to save the Kingdom of Lucis, and stop the world of being swallowed into an eternal night.
"And in the endless nigh, In despair, He may see the dawn, That will awake him him in the next mourning"

Will you join Prince Noctis and his friends to see this beautiful, and grand tragedy to it`s bitter end?

In short, welcome to the Noctis fanclub! Here you are able discuss about Noctis and things related to FFXV. You may also post gifs, fan-art, all sorts of stuff. Poems, theories and etc..

Founder of the Retinues
hemmoheikkinen

Members
DarkGrey Heroine
FudgemintGuardian
BufferAndLoad
BlackOsprey
Rix
Kounelli
VoidGear

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The way SE presents FF XV and especially the characters, I really thought I'd hate every single one of them. Noctis convinced me a little otherwise tho. Besides it being hilarious that e.g. Gladio calls him a princess (which I did before that happens), he's the only one I sometimes snickered at when he said something and found at least a little interesting by now.
I'd still not consider me a fan though. I think he's a relatable, maybe even likable character, but SE tries so hard to make them "coool" and stuff...that might backfire in the end.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ah yes, that is possible worry of course. I am not too worried about that thou. The bros acted like bunch dorks a times in the demo, and Nomura said in an really old interview that in reality Noctis is a shy dork.
tumblr_inline_nn9k2xsnjT1t7izh4_500.gif

So he might act cool, but he really is not one.

I have some high fears and hopes for the games since this is title I have been looking forward to from 2006, and I really, really hope it succeeds. There are many things that appeal to me, like for example they have integrated a lot of Medieval themes in the game. Like for example the term "retinue". It means:

A retinue is a body of persons "retained" in the service of a noble or royal personage, a suite (literal French meaning: what follows) of "retainers".

There are other examples in the game, like how Latin is used everywhere. The royal palace of Insomnia seems to have some Gothic architecture(or something close to that) in it, also tying into the Medieval themes. I also like it because it gives a feeling that Lucis and especially the royal palace in the capital is an old building, full of tradition and has probably been there since the kingdom was founded. The artwork which has Lucian kings wearing armor(Regis also has one) also implies that the royal bloodline is long, long one.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^ You have been added Grey! :D The sleepy prince and the Kingdom of Lucis are deeply thankful for your support.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Speaking of locations, I can't wait to explore Altissia. Venezia-themed Final Fantasy city? Oh my, yes please, I'll cry happy tears ; w ;

Recalling an official forum answer, yes, that one -
"Altissia has many and varied locations, such as multiple cafes, ship-bourne market places and parks etc. The city is of a considerable scale, to the extent that even the developers sometimes get lost there!

The player is free to take a leisurely walk around the complex maze of streets, or ride the gondola to see the sights and there is also added enjoyment to be had looking for restaurants to visit!

You are bound to encounter some unique characters when exploring the city streets.

So we have created lots of different things to enjoy in Altissia and hope everyone is looking forward to visiting!"

Yesssss, simply yes, yes, yes!!
tumblr_mpqqvwsrXp1rn98vpo5_250.gif

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Ah yes, that is possible worry of course. I am not too worried about that thou. The bros acted like bunch dorks a times in the demo, and Nomura said in an really old interview that in reality Noctis is a shy dork.
tumblr_inline_nn9k2xsnjT1t7izh4_500.gif

So he might act cool, but he really is not one.

That's actually my biggest fear. Noctis will be fine, I think, but as for his bros, I fear they'll be nothing but bystanders with little story. Sure hope SE surprises us with deeep story there.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I would very much like to join this fanclub, please!
tumblr_m2qqr4fpS01qkmxp8o1_500.gif

You have been added Fudge! :D The Prince (a.k.a secret dork) appreciates this!

Speaking of locations, I can't wait to explore Altissia. Venezia-themed Final Fantasy city? Oh my, yes please, I'll cry happy tears ; w ;

I am also looking forward to Altissia! Gonodola rides are the way to go. :D

That's actually my biggest fear. Noctis will be fine, I think, but as for his bros, I fear they'll be nothing but bystanders with little story. Sure hope SE surprises us with deeep story there.

There were a couple of concept arts that showed Noctis, Gladio, Ignis, Prompto and Luna playing as children, so I am pretty sure we will explore the main casts past at least to some extend. If the game is supposed to partially be road trip, then Noct`s friends are really important part of it. I am hopeful that they will be more than bystanders.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Not sure if I should join yet. I don't know enough about this character or his game to say whether I like them or not.

But I'll just drop this here anyways.

tumblr_nz0i05Bi6Y1scbz2eo1_1280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back