• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Rebuilding of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

A few months ago, GamesTM has published an interview with Tetsuya Nomura detailing further questions about the development of Kingdom Hearts III. Below is a summary of the information along with comments of what we've known so far.

Whether the series will continue on forever or have a closure, Nomura replied that the discussion has never been brought up by Disney. He believes this is a feat that can be accomplished by something that is unique to Kingdom Hearts. In addition to this, I'd like to add that Kingdom Hearts III is the final conclusion of the Dark Seeker Saga.

“This should be something that can’t be accomplished by just Disney.”

Disney has not prevented much of Nomura’s creative freedom to the franchise. Anything exclusive to Kingdom Hearts hasn’t been in disagreement but in regards to the storyline, sometimes they’ll ask for a lighter tone or happier ending.

From the start, there was not an intention to skip the Playstation 3 generation for Kingdom Hearts III but it was a lot to expect from being on that console. Due to key developers working on other projects, Nomura didn’t get the chance to work on it. However during the Playstation 3 era, it was a time of preparation to polish their skills.

Kingdom Hearts III originally used the Luminous Engine but eventually transitioned to Unreal Engine 4. Nomura has commented that they had to start from scratch again in order to recreate and adapt their key effects from Luminous Engine. A lot of adjustments had to be made in order for the Kingdom Shader to work as well.

Kingdom Hearts III in Luminous Engine.

Kingdom Hearts III in Unreal Engine 4.

The Kingdom Hearts team had learned valuable experience from the implementation of different battle systems in spin-off titles while also introducing new moves. Keyblade Transformations revolve around the plot where Sora undergoes the Mark of Mastery so those transformations become part of his combat. Many bold additions to the hardware are possible due to the better hardware and experience from spin-offs.

Sora transforms his Keyblade.

Lastly, Nomura says whether there is more than one playable character, it is a secret but it may possibly happen. What other characters do you think will appear?

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: GamesTM

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I kind of don't want Sora to get superpowers after the exam. Because that's how it sounded to me so far. I always expected the title of a keyblade master "only" providing special knowledge to the master and not special powers, as seen with e.g. Aqua.

I'm silently hoping for Ventus as a playable character just because I like backhanded fighting. Riku or Kairi (or both) would be my most likely guesses though.

Thank you for sharing. <3

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I kind of don't want Sora to get superpowers after the exam. Because that's how it sounded to me so far. I always expected the title of a keyblade master "only" providing special knowledge to the master and not special powers, as seen with e.g. Aqua.

I'm silently hoping for Ventus as a playable character just because I like backhanded fighting. Riku or Kairi (or both) would be my most likely guesses though.

Thank you for sharing. <3

No problem VoidGear! I'd love for anyone to be playable especially since we were introduced to the diversity of BBS's characters. Hopefully either what you've mentioned.

fmimac

Yeah, Riku is probably the best candidate for a possible playable character. Kairi too, maybe.

"it is a secret but it may possibly happen". Nomura would not say that if it wasn't happening. Let's not get our hopes up, it's not confirmed in clear words, but I think it's a solid clue though.

*tries not to get excited* *gets excited a lot*

Ok. Back to my "it's not confirmed yet" mode.
Nice interview anyway, thanks for sharing as always :)

Edit : what if the playable characters are actually Donald and Goofy ? :D

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, Riku is probably the best candidate for a possible playable character. Kairi too, maybe.

"it is a secret but it may possibly happen". Nomura would not say that if it wasn't happening. Let's not get our hopes up, it's not confirmed in clear words, but I think it's a solid clue though.

*tries not to get excited* *gets excited a lot*

Ok. Back to my "it's not confirmed yet" mode.
Nice interview anyway, thanks for sharing as always :)

Edit : what if the playable characters are actually Donald and Goofy ? :D

I'd love to be able to control Donald's magic (especially when he heals) or Goofy's defensive abilities.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Playable Kairi please.I know people want to play as Xehanort, but I'd rather just bash his face in. Let me play Kairi!

WastedPenguin

Awards
I hope that one day we get a KH without any story related stuff being toned down because it exceeds Disney's limit.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Must... not... get... hyped over nothing... kghhhhh.
GIMME PLAYABLE KAIRI, TROLLANORT, AND MAYBE LEA RIGHT NOW.

LightAndOblivion

I'm assuming it's going to be Riku and Xehanort since the former is going to be off on his own little adventure with Mickey and the latter is apparently going to be our KH2 Roxas with the prologue scenario.

I miss the Luminous engine.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
it it going to be sora,kairi and riku as the three playable chracthers because i have feeling this saga will end just how it began

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
no new info? we learnes a plot tidbit and that there is at Leary one more playable character.

fuck me up, nomura.

Anagram

Banned
Give it a definite end eventually Nomura. Dont drag this shit out.
I still wonder what that original KH3D ending was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back