• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has anyone beat Sans yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
What I found that works:

• Poison can't kill you, it will only drain your health so don't heal until the poison leaves you at 1 HP
  • NEVER use items when poisoned, wait till it passes
  • Exploit the poison, his attack can't kill you until you near 1 HP
  • Change weapons, use the burnt pan(Items heal 4 more)
  • Use weaker healing items first, reserve the Pie and Instant noodles for backup.
  • Memorization and patience

If you can't memorize his attacks and have patience you won't beat him.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm struggling with Undyne right now. I can't even imagine what it'll take to take on Sans. I also missed the damn ballot shoes, so winging it right now. And I hear the Snow pieces is useful for health too.

Sans

Awards
I'm struggling with Undyne right now. I can't even imagine what it'll take to take on Sans. I also missed the damn ballot shoes, so winging it right now. And I hear the Snow pieces is useful for health too.

Try using the Torn Notebook and Clouded Glasses, the extra Invincibility frames are good if you don't have the damage capacity Ballet Shoes offer.

Awards
What I found that works:

• Poison can't kill you, it will only drain your health so don't heal until the poison leaves you at 1 HP
  • NEVER use items when poisoned, wait till it passes
  • Exploit the poison, his attack can't kill you until you near 1 HP
  • Change weapons, use the burnt pan(Items heal 4 more)
  • Use weaker healing items first, reserve the Pie and Instant noodles for backup.
  • Memorization and patience

If you can't memorize his attacks and have patience you won't beat him.

I really do take these factors into great consideration, but what really gets me is the two bones that go in opposite directions vertically and the bones on the bottom menu..

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^ Can I get to that after falling off the bridge? If not, I'm pretty much screwed. I may have to start over.

EDIT: I manage to get those items in particular. I've gotten maybe half way on her health bar, but still keep dying. It's hard not using any items for health. You guys are right about patience and memorization. I'm afraid of what the next person will be like before I encounter Sans. lol.

Good luck, KingdomSlayer2! Hope you're able to kick butt!

Last edited:
Awards
^ Can I get to that after falling off the bridge? If not, I'm pretty much screwed. I may have to start over.

EDIT: I manage to get those items in particular. I've gotten maybe half way on her health bar, but still keep dying. It's hard not using any items for health. You guys are right about patience and memorization. I'm afraid of what the next person will be like before I encounter Sans. lol.

Good luck, KingdomSlayer2! Hope you're able to kick butt!

Thanks, Kit. You're the best.
I'M going to define Sans in 4 words:The Nazis on Steroids.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
4LCaaPz.gif

Venx

Well, I needed 78 tries for Sans. 4 hours until I just went to sleep and then I bet him in the first 30 minutes. But I just got frustrated after 3 hours (it was probably 2 a.m.), I mean I still really really love the fight. It's difficult, but just so perfect.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Get an Xbox/PS3 controller, that's how I beat Undyne.

I beat her using my own keyboard. I'll admit the keys got stuck a few times, when I desperately needed one last hit to take her the hell down. Although, I ended up resetting the game from the menu after not having the ballet shoes; which made one helluva difference. Including a snowpiece and the pie. (Yes, I'm well aware I shouldn't have used either one because of Sans, but I wasn't going to throw in the towel tonight after how many times I had to reset.) Furthermore, I FINALLY beat Undyne. XD

Does anyone know an easier way to "truly reset" the game? I know there's files to delete, but I can't find them any and don't know how to look for it. Since I'm not tech savvy. And I don't want my pacifist/neutral route to be tainted because of doing genocide first. Mainly because I didn't know doing the genocide route would screw things up after being done first either.

Venx

I think you can "truly reset" the game when you change something in your pc's registry, but from what I've heared, that can ruin your whole pc if you do it wrong. So just don't :D

The pacifist run is definitly resetting everything, that you played genocid before it, you just get a little bit different ending. But after you did that pacifist run with the genocid ending, the game should be truly resettet and everything's back to normal.
I'm not quite sure how the genocid infliction actually works, because my first playthrough after it, wasn't infected by that at all (But that was just a neutral run).

So if you wanna truly reset, I think you have to sit through the genocid ending of the pacifist run. I don't think there is another way, that's your punishment for these evil deeds :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I think you can "truly reset" the game when you change something in your pc's registry, but from what I've heared, that can ruin your whole pc if you do it wrong. So just don't :D

The pacifist run is definitly resetting everything, that you played genocid before it, you just get a little bit different ending. But after you did that pacifist run with the genocid ending, the game should be truly resettet and everything's back to normal.
I'm not quite sure how the genocid infliction actually works, because my first playthrough after it, wasn't infected by that at all (But that was just a neutral run).

So if you wanna truly reset, I think you have to sit through the genocid ending of the pacifist run. I don't think there is another way, that's your punishment for these evil deeds :D

Thanks for the warning!

And man, this really makes you feel guilty at the end before Sans. I wasn't aware I'd be returning to the Toriel's house or running into Flowey. Heck, even the music is sad. ;w; Why make me feel so damn guilty now?! Too bad I can't reset everything till after pacifist route tho.

Sans is a piece of work. I regret complaining about Undyne now. I think I need a game controller because, I can't react fast enough to how absurd some of his attacks are. I even looked it up online to see you're pretty much using the healing items to prolong the poison.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If you play genocide first, unless you get in there and mess with the game's files and digital guts, your game is pretty much tainted forever. Even a True Reset won't help you. You can never get True Pacifist ever again.

At least I think that's how it goes...

idk, I don't have it in me to do Genocide anyways. Not just because that would mean murdering every character that I know and love and selling my soul to a demon child, but I've heard that it's a tedious grindfest with only Undyne and Sans to offer any challenge... And I've seen enough to know that Sans is Mysterious Figure levels of unfair, drawn-out, and downright frustrating. No thanks.

Venx

And I've seen enough to know that Sans is Mysterious Figure levels of unfair, drawn-out, and downright frustrating. No thanks.

To be honest, Sans is one of the best gaming bosses I've ever experienced. The fight is really hard, but really really fair and makes a lot of fun in my opinion. mysterious figure is just spamming, Sans is more like a KH Boss when you're doing a level 1 run. Learn every move, that you can react to it and then win after a couple of hours.
I definitly recommend the Undyne & Sans fight.

@KitKat
do you think it would be easier with a gamepad? Because I got a xbox360 one and the keyboard was much better and faster for me. But in the end it's different for everyone, so good luck with Sans! Without the Pie that you only have 1 item that heals you for 100%, it's extremly difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back