• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[RUMOR] Sonic Adventure 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Just saw this video. Minutes later I read an article that Crush 40 is making songs for a new Sonic game (related to the 25th anniversary of the series, since the first ever game was released on October of '91).

Anyone else think it's just a rumor? I hope not. ;~;

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
If true, then it's Sega's last chance to turn things around. They want to earn our trust back, they've admitted they've been awful for awhile, so the least we can do is give them one last chance and this could be it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think we all want it to be a rumor, Sega should stop making sonic games
I dunno what's going on in Sega, but I feel that they try to change Sonic too much. If there are things that work and fans like them, then don't change them.

If true, then it's Sega's last chance to turn things around. They want to earn our trust back, they've admitted they've been awful for awhile, so the least we can do is give them one last chance and this could be it.

A while? Ever since they turned to 3 dimension it's been down hill zone
They are some great 3D Sonic games, actually.

I feel like the gaming community says that with every new Sonic game.
lol at least nothing can be worse that Sonic '06

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Hahahaha

lol at least nothing can be worse that Sonic '06
Dude don't jinx it.

I stopped caring about this a long time ago, but it makes me kinda sad that Sega won't just let it die already. Sonic is what got me into video games, but I think it's a franchise long past saving. Heck, given the fandom's notoriety, I'm not sure if I WANT it to be saved.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Sonic Generations was top notch for a modern Sonic game. Another one like that would be nice. If they want to they can release two games; one made in a modern style and another with classic gameplay but modern graphics of course.

Or they could release a definitive collection of Sonic 1-4 + all of those add-ons remastered in HD with vector based pixels. Pretty much all of their previous attempts at porting the old games have come with some flaws. Audio glitches, squished aspect ratio, ugly borders etc.

As far as Mario being better than Sonic goes, I think most people who aren't biased would agree that this is largely true when it comes to platform games.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed is a much better mascot racer than any Mario Kart though. It's pretty much like comparing Virtua Fighter with Smash Bros. We can all tell which one is the more complex and competent fighting game and which one is mostly meant to be fun but not very challenging.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Why aren't Sonic games as good and polished as Generations anymore? They nailed the formula of the 3D levels down pretty well. Then they made Sonic Boom.

I thought Lost World and Colors were generally well received, no?

Colors, sort of, but I'm pretty sure most people disliked Lost World.

Anagram

Banned
Generations was only good for the classic Sonic portions tbh. I wont put much stock in this. Hype is the killer of enjoyment~

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The handheld games have usually been better than the console games though. More specifically, if the game was developed by DIMPS chances are it's good.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Generations was only good for the classic Sonic portions tbh.

I have the opposite opinion about that game. The 2D levels felt more thought provoking and the 3D levels were more of just a fun rollercoaster ride. That doesn't mean the 2D ones were bad they were just not as fun.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Why do people think that SA the Third will be the game that saves Sonic? The Adventure games aren't that good TBH. Honestly, Sonic works more as a TV series than a game series.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I've been meaning to go and check out Generations as well, heard nothing but good and improved things on it. At least compared to the shitty redo they've been given in Boom, reminds me of how Activison fucked up Crash with the Titans games. *shudders* Last Sonic game I played was Unleashed I think and you can imagine what taste that left in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back