• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney's Cruella - reboot of a remake of a classic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Will Emma Stone Don Cruella de Vil's Dog Skin Coat? - IGN

First I'm hearing about it, but apparently remaking 101 Dalmatians in live action once, then going on to do a sequel, wasn't enough for these clowns. Good God Disney.

But also Emma Stone is way too young for Cruella, like damn.

[video=youtube;yVdqSpBlxSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVdqSpBlxSA&t=15s[/video]

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
yeah lets turn another murderous psychopath into a sympathetic villain

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Disney just wants to be edgy and kewl or something, and is content with bastardizing their own films instead of making their own original films with sympathetic villains.

redcrown

Awards
How can you possibly make a puppy murderer/skinner sympathetic?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
What the hell?
Who's gonna be the next sympathized villain, then? Gaston? Mother Gothel? Lady Tremaine? Clayton?!
AAAUUGH!!
tumblr_mcq167ieAa1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

Shogo-Kun

Awards
This sounds like a consequence of the average viewer no longer having a tolerance for Black-and-White Morality on top of the general idea that most people refuse to watch anything that more than a decade old. The former I can agree with, but the latter I am strongly opposed to since if you only stick with the newer stuff, you lock yourself out of so much good media. Which is why I also will agree that Disney should take the time to create new material that has sympathetic villains as opposed to remaking their pre-existing material just to be "relevant". Not to say that all of these remakes are automatically horrible, since that reeks of bias and Maleficent was actually really good, but there should be like a limitation on how many they should invest in. Though that is not to say that don't understand where they are coming from, since 9 times out of 10 original IPs are a hard sell since they don't have a pre-installed consumer base.

Crap, I'm rambling now...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
i thought that was once upon a time's job :)
No, the villains are badass on that show, including Cruella.

I read something about Victoria Smurfit (who played Cruella on OUAT) auditioned for this movie and was referred to OUAT, I think? Emma Stone would be awful though.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
With every new live action film that isn't TRON 3, I die a little.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm going to guess Cruella will be presented as someone with an unhealthy obsession for furs that began with a past incident. Shenanigans ensue and she's forced to work with someone and dalmatians, thus seeing the animals in a different light. She accepts her past and vows to never use or wear animals.

Eithat that or she had a dalmatian when she was young and something happened to it, manifesting her obsession.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
With every new live action film that isn't TRON 3, I die a little.

Same, I'm at my breaking point almost.

So far we've got:
Aladdin
The Jungle Book
Mulan
Dumbo
Winnie the Pooh (and fuck you too) <-- my own little subtitle
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Pinocchio
Fantasia (Chernabog?)
Tinker Bell
Chip n Dale
Prince Charming
The Sword in the Stone
Pete's Dragon remake
And now Cruella.

What the actual fuck Disney

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I'm actually 100% ok with an Aladdin and Sword and the Stone live action film if that's actually a thing.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Sword in the Stone I think could work, but the Aladdin one is a Genie prequel. Clearly to monetize the death of Robin Williams, which I think is completely shameful to do.

redcrown

Awards
I'm actually 100% ok with an Aladdin and Sword and the Stone live action film if that's actually a thing.

Same here. I'm actually not a huge fan of either of those movies (please don't murder me), but if a live action remake were to improve the visuals and make the humor/charm stronger, then I'll be hyped.

The same way they made the mistress of all evil sympathetic

Being regular evil is nothing next to killing and skinning puppies/any animal.

If they could do a real character study into how someone who is this type of evil works, a commom everyday monster, instead of painting her as sympathetic, then I'll buy it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Hahahaha what.

So you're telling me that they're making another movie that nobody asked for (which already had a live-action remake... AND A SEQUEL), and Cruella is actually more evil than Maleficent.

I can't even get angry about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back