• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Powerline: Would He Be a Stand Out in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ichigomomo

Personally, I don't see this fitting in but I guess if it was in the game it would be a musical challenge like The Little Mermaid was is KH2.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
if powerline get in i want a world of oliver and company that was my favorte movie becuase of the song and billy joel
[video=youtube;Jb7kJ-j_dKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7kJ-j_dKA[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Personally, I don't see this fitting in but I guess if it was in the game it would be a musical challenge like The Little Mermaid was is KH2.

That was the opposite of what I was imagining. I was thinking more of what a Bard or Dancer is like in Final Fantasy, which is primarily a support class. While being music-based, neither involve rhythm game things to input their spells and attacks. That is the better way to approach it rather than looking at it purely from a Disney way. (Also because Nomura said there wouldn't be anymore quicktime events in KH3)

Also, welcome to KHInsider!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Powerline isn't a summon I would have ever thought of but it really would be an interesting and unique addition to the series. I'd prefer Powerline to... Max, who I'm not sure would do anything too unique. Also A Goofy Movie needs a call out, in some form. If Chicken Little can get a summon then A Goofy Movie deserves one...

Wow, this a very lenghty argument. There are a lot of valid points. Now, I don't want to offend you but, someone like Powerline doesn't.....seem.....very......fittting(*covers head and shivers in fear in the corner*)

Probably........um......let's see.....Baymax from Big Hero 6. Seeing how BH6 will be in KH3, it seems like a dumb decision not to.(Really nervous)
Chill out, dude.

9a395c0b581ef3e3ca08468411d17563.gif

Prince726

The goofy movie series is one my favorite Disney franchise I would love to just go to that world in kh3 and see characters like max and Roxanne. I would be cool with heartless talking over the college but thinking of a just a whole rhythm based world again please no I never want to go to Atlantis again. At least the music would be better but just visiting that world would be great and bring back great memories.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think he could work well as a summon. I think the summons can actually work well for introducing characters that are interesting, but their worlds may not be doable (like Dumbo and Bambi in KH1). Powerline could be in a long list of summons available in KH3. I'm hoping that KH3 can have several more summons than we're used to, even ones that are unlockable after the game is finished. Perhaps Powerline is a character at Disney Castle, and when you do a side-quest for him (and Max) you get Powerline as a summon?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
but I'm wondering if theyre gonna do a max origin story, complete with his conception. maybe a minigame in 3

saintfighteraqua

Awards
He's not on my list, taht's for sure.
BUT, I can't talk when it comes to wanting obscure characters as summons.
I'd love to have Tik-Tok from 1985's "Return to Oz" show up as a summon, the way he spins and beats the Wheeler's with his lunch pail would be a fun attack...or maybe he could even be a party member in an Oz world.
I know it will never happen, even though Return to Oz was pretty popular in Japan (and 80's fantasy films are the best!)

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Ha whenever there's a thread about what summons you want powerline was always my first choice.

Though the singing lady is there and it ends with a laser show and then it explodes.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah, my worry is that they will be too awed by working with newer stuff that they won't try to look far for what people really liked in the past and would have a unique contribution to the series *coughGargoyescough* and settle with the most popular stuff.

I know they can be trusted becausedamn KH3D had Julius and the Three Musketeers, so anything is definitely within the realm of reason, but Big Hero 6 and Tangled as our first two announcements were a bit...jarring I suppose. Great choices and wonderful films, but something i don't want to be the trend.
Agreed.
My worry probably stems more from that Disney might be trying to push for more of the recent movies rather than SE being in awe of working with these newer titles. As you said, because of things like The Three Musketeers and Julius, of all things, appearing in DDD, that they can be trusted, but with Disney being involved again after such a long time I can't shake the feeling a couple not-so-good choices will occur because of that absence.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
You might be interested in watching the panel I have linked in the editorial then. They talk about the dubbing process and man it was crazy. They were going to have Bill Farmer talk with his normal voice and recorded the entire film that way before they had him come back and redub the entire thing with his Goofy voice!

The dub was absolutely fantastic! Just another bit of proof on of how great Disney is at vocal direction.

Oh there is a recording of the panel? Nice! Gotta watch it in the weekend when I have more time in my hands.

(I really want Max the most in the game tbh)

All the hilarious situations it could make. Seeing Sora`s face after he learns that Goofy has a son, that would be priceless. :D

A level-up system where more buffs/debuffs are added would be really interesting. Summons in KH2 kind of started out one way and stayed the same except for Genie. Seeing them have a growth system that actually matters would make them worth using more often.

Maybe the way Genie was done is one possible method? Genie uses the Forms to do different attacks, so maybe Powerline could be used similarly. Depending how you summon, Powerline could use buffs, attack with dance combo with SDG and etc... All of these would use a different song. Or to avoid repeating things, they go with something different.

Agreeing with you`r and Fudges point, it would be awesome if the KHIII would appeal also the the older fans of the series, by potentially introducing something relating to older Disney movies, as summons or etc... I am not too scared yet that all of the worlds in KHIII could be based on new movies, but... the nostalgia man, we need it.

yes, yes it is! 8D I haven't played the game obviously but I want to even though I doubt it'll ever be localized ;~;

My eyes did not lie. I hope it would be localized one day too. D: I am really curious about Rio. But yes I stop getting off-topic.

Thanks for the tip Slayer!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Powerline isn't a summon I would have ever thought of but it really would be an interesting and unique addition to the series. I'd prefer Powerline to... Max, who I'm not sure would do anything too unique. Also A Goofy Movie needs a call out, in some form. If Chicken Little can get a summon then A Goofy Movie deserves one...

In terms of summons, yea. Max wouldn't be too much different from his dad, just younger and more awkward sassiness.

He'd be great in the games if he had a side quest attached to him. I'd be overjoyed if he was a knight-in-training with a father-complex at Disney Castle with his friends. Max as a knight, PJ as a mage (who is also a great techie), and Bobby who nobody really knows what he is training for...

The goofy movie series is one my favorite Disney franchise I would love to just go to that world in kh3 and see characters like max and Roxanne. I would be cool with heartless talking over the college but thinking of a just a whole rhythm based world again please no I never want to go to Atlantis again. At least the music would be better but just visiting that world would be great and bring back great memories.

Haha nobody ever wants Atlantica or rhythm-based anything ever again. If they had anything A Goofy Movie related, I doubt it'd involve musical numbers (bar Powerline and it wouldn't be playable because f that noise) and would be rooted a bit closer to what is going on in the KH universe.

I think he could work well as a summon. I think the summons can actually work well for introducing characters that are interesting, but their worlds may not be doable (like Dumbo and Bambi in KH1). Powerline could be in a long list of summons available in KH3. I'm hoping that KH3 can have several more summons than we're used to, even ones that are unlockable after the game is finished. Perhaps Powerline is a character at Disney Castle, and when you do a side-quest for him (and Max) you get Powerline as a summon?

That'd be a pretty cool idea!

but I'm wondering if theyre gonna do a max origin story, complete with his conception. maybe a minigame in 3

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope nopenopenononono

He's not on my list, taht's for sure.
BUT, I can't talk when it comes to wanting obscure characters as summons.
I'd love to have Tik-Tok from 1985's "Return to Oz" show up as a summon, the way he spins and beats the Wheeler's with his lunch pail would be a fun attack...or maybe he could even be a party member in an Oz world.
I know it will never happen, even though Return to Oz was pretty popular in Japan (and 80's fantasy films are the best!)

Oh the round robot guy! That'd be interesting to see, only because I didn't know the film was popular in Japan.

Ha whenever there's a thread about what summons you want powerline was always my first choice.

Though the singing lady is there and it ends with a laser show and then it explodes.

Why did I not remember that ;A;

Agreed.
My worry probably stems more from that Disney might be trying to push for more of the recent movies rather than SE being in awe of working with these newer titles. As you said, because of things like The Three Musketeers and Julius, of all things, appearing in DDD, that they can be trusted, but with Disney being involved again after such a long time I can't shake the feeling a couple not-so-good choices will occur because of that absence.

I really, really hope not. I can definitely see it because corporate Disney has always been very controlling when they put their sights on something, but they have given Nomura free-reign creatively for all of these years. It would suck to know they have suddenly put a leash on him to get a product they want and not a product that the dev team and fans want.

I want to believe in Yasue's statement about how Disney has given them full access to their roster, though. It gives a lot a hope that they are being given the freedom they want with a few natural limitations here and there.

thanks nomurobama .

He giveth us the good word

Oh there is a recording of the panel? Nice! Gotta watch it in the weekend when I have more time in my hands.

Enjoy!

All the hilarious situations it could make. Seeing Sora`s face after he learns that Goofy has a son, that would be priceless. :D

YESSS.

Maybe the way Genie was done is one possible method? Genie uses the Forms to do different attacks, so maybe Powerline could be used similarly. Depending how you summon, Powerline could use buffs, attack with dance combo with SDG and etc... All of these would use a different song. Or to avoid repeating things, they go with something different.

OH! He could sing Stand Out for buffing/debuffing and I 2 I for attacks. That'd be pretty clever~

Agreeing with you`r and Fudges point, it would be awesome if the KHIII would appeal also the the older fans of the series, by potentially introducing something relating to older Disney movies, as summons or etc... I am not too scared yet that all of the worlds in KHIII could be based on new movies, but... the nostalgia man, we need it.

Yes, we really do. It's been the driving factor of KH for a long time that it would really suck if it only had recent films. I want to see stuff from the 60s, 70s, and 80s as well. Robin Hood, the Rescuers (maybe not as a world but featured) *coughGargoylescough* or The Three Caballeros from the 40s ;A;

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In regards to Powerline as a resident of Disney Castle

A 90s rock star might be a bit of a contrast to the medivel setting of Disney Castle.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In regards to Powerline as a resident of Disney Castle

A 90s rock star might be a bit of a contrast to the medivel setting of Disney Castle.

It's not very medieval, though...It's got a computer and a space ship dock/garage, and the town square has a race track...and probably even more technology now. And skateboards lol. It's probably the least medieval medieval castle ever.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I didn't even know A Goofy Movie was released in cinemas though. With that being said, it was released in the 90's so why isn't it considered part of the DISNEY Renaissance? Because it used established DISNEY characters?

Anyway, because it was released in cinemas, that makes me believe that Powerline and Max do have chances of appearing. We could always see Max as a kid (like in Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas).

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't think that Three Musketeers was released in theaters, but it still ended up in DDD.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't even know A Goofy Movie was released in cinemas though. With that being said, it was released in the 90's so why isn't it considered part of the DISNEY Renaissance? Because it used established DISNEY characters?

Because it was made by DisneyToon Studios. The film was planned to be a direct-to-video release but they made it a theatrical release instead. Since it is not a Walt Disney Animation Studios theatrical lineup, it isn't considered a Disney Renaissanse film.

Anyway, because it was released in cinemas, that makes me believe that Powerline and Max do have chances of appearing. We could always see Max as a kid (like in Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas).

Like BlackOsprey said, The Three Musketeers wasn't released in theaters and it made it into KH3D so anything is really on the table as long as it has caught the attention of the dev team or Nomura and Yasue.

I love kid!Max but idk…Goofy leaving home for almost two years and leaving his young son at home without knowing if his father would ever come back? At least if it is teen!Max or college!Max, it can be trained that he was old enough to take care of himself but Goofy would never leave his young son behind :c

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Because it was made by DisneyToon Studios. The film was planned to be a direct-to-video release but they made it a theatrical release instead. Since it is not a Walt Disney Animation Studios theatrical lineup, it isn't considered a Disney Renaissanse film.

Like BlackOsprey said, The Three Musketeers wasn't released in theaters and it made it into KH3D so anything is really on the table as long as it has caught the attention of the dev team or Nomura and Yasue.

I love kid!Max but idk…Goofy leaving home for almost two years and leaving his young son at home without knowing if his father would ever come back? At least if it is teen!Max or college!Max, it can be trained that he was old enough to take care of himself but Goofy would never leave his young son behind :c

max is one of xehanort's seeds, promised to see his father again once he has the power of kingdom hearts and reshapes the universe. but he realizes he was lied to when he sees his father, and they break the curse once they LOOK INTO EACH OTHER'S EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back