• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Things in the Jump Festa 2016 Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Flowmotion looks really sweet, and if these are variants of it that's just as cool.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This talk of Shotlocks being a Flomo variant has given me this image of Sora hurtling through the air in slow motion, shooting everything with those twin Keyblade pistols super-stylishly like he's in an over-the-top action movie.

I'm okay with that and I'm not okay with that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This talk of Shotlocks being a Flomo variant has given me this image of Sora hurtling through the air in slow motion, shooting everything with those twin Keyblade pistols super-stylishly like he's in an over-the-top action movie.

I'm okay with that and I'm not okay with that.

All he needs are badass shades and riku doing some sick guitar riffing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Before I saw this video I had no idea that Mickey's shadow was missing on the ground.

CXndPr0UMAACeaO.jpg

CXndPp7UsAAxpv2.jpg

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Dang, most of the visual changes are pretty minor, but they make it all look so much better. Sharper and less pixelated.

I just realized that HD Young Xehanort looks different than 3DS Nort. He looks a bit more....handsome...
Wouldn't the HD do that for just about everyone? XD

I think it's safe to say that no one except for the 2.8 team noticed Mickey's missing shadow up til now.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
please be excited

kingdom hearts 3

fish face in never before seen detail

UNREAL FOURSH FACE

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think it's safe to say that no one except for the 2.8 team noticed Mickey's missing shadow up til now.
The creator of the video informed me that the shadow was actually fixed in the international releases of DDD.

Wonderful

Awards
Still Fish-Faces.

I am disappointed
of course there is still fish-face. it takes a lot more time and effort to add in completely new animation work vs. remastering what is already there. and you know, fish-face isn't always bad. it has its purpose. and super detailed faces that aren't doing the work of being expressive actually end up sticking out more than if it was a low-poly fish face. (i think this is part of the reason why so many complain about riku/kairi in 0.2. their models are higher polygon and more detailed but that just makes the fact that they are hardly being animated stick out even more than if they had just been using a low-poly model).

you should give this series a watch. it's a professional animator going through the first kh1 game and talking in detail about the animation work (super interesting). in one of the video he talks in depth about the fish-face thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8aygr-1xAA

The creator of the video informed me that the shadow was actually fixed in the international releases of DDD.
honestly, when i first saw the "mickey has no shadow" i just assumed no one in DDD had shadows and this was something they were adding in for 2.8 lol. i never noticed or not noticed the game having shadows ><

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well, that explains why I never noticed the shadow not being there. Because it was there. XD

of course there is still fish-face. it takes a lot more time and effort to add in completely new animation work vs. remastering what is already there. and you know, fish-face isn't always bad. it has its purpose. and super detailed faces that aren't doing the work of being expressive actually end up sticking out more than if it was a low-poly fish face. (i think this is part of the reason why so many complain about riku/kairi in 0.2. their models are higher polygon and more detailed but that just makes the fact that they are hardly being animated stick out even more than if they had just been using a low-poly model).

you should give this series a watch. it's a professional animator going through the first kh1 game and talking in detail about the animation work (super interesting). in one of the video he talks in depth about the fish-face thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8aygr-1xAA
As I was reading this my first thought was "you've been watching Dan Floyd's "The Animation of" videos haven't you?" and sure enough.:)

I highly agree with Wonderful here on watching this series (heck, you should all watch everything on Extra Play and Extra Credits. It's great stuff.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back