• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas's appearance and connections

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

Okay I've seen multiple questions about this and multiple answers yet never any which made any sense to me or seemed very solid. Why does Roxas look like Ventus?
*Those who have not played BBS may not want to read this thread*

There's yet another question I have though, how did Sora and Roxas coexist? I've heard Sora's heart took physical form due to Kairi's magic?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You now know that Ven's heart is in Sora, when Sora's body became Roxas, Ven's sleeping heart stayed in him and shaped Roxas's appearance. There, boom. That's it. That is the definitive answer.

And Namine's an anomaly, not sure what she's made of.

Anagram

Banned
In the simplest answers possible =3

1) Namine has never been explained. All that we know is she formed as Kairi's heart left Sora and returned to Kairi. Somehow Sora splitting into a heartless and nobody caused her to form even though she didn't have kairi's body nor Sora's.

2) Roxas looks like Ventus because Vens heart, which was sleeping in Sora, stayed with the body as Sora's heart was drug into darkness turning into a heartless. However Ven was also still dormant and weak so he only affected Roxas face.

3) Ventus is the source of Sora's & Roxas dual wielding. While Sora & Roxas use the same kingdom key, the second keyblade is actually Vens with a different keychain.

4) Sora and Roxas coexisted because of Kairi. Kairi worked her Princess of Heart mojo on Sora's heartless giving it it human form. Exactly what he was in this state is never explained in-game or out. Most fans go with the "projected shell" or "walking heart" theory. Either way it's a moot point since Sora regained his body when Roxas merged with him at the start of KH2.

5) Xion's death caused Roxas so much pain he somehow tapped into Ven's heart accessing his keyblade and developing dual wielding for the first time. This ability was carried over to Sora.

Edit. Ninja'd.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Neener, neener, neener

Oh, I overlooked the Sora-Roxas coexisting thing.

Sora was restored to human form by Kairi's strong feelings for him, that's the only explanation we've been given in the canon and anything else is speculative.

Anagram

Banned
Wait Xion's death? I don't remember but how long was it after her death that they merged?

Xion died on day 357, Roxas storms The World That Never Was on day 358 displaying dual wielding for the first time. Six (or was it seven?) days later he merges with Sora.

Anagram

Banned
Ah thanks. I gotta get caught back up on all that happened in the other games lol. I seem to have forgotten a lot.

Dont worry to much. Most of that info was in interviews rather than games like they should've been. >_>

Keyblade Meister

5) Xion's death caused Roxas so much pain he somehow tapped into Ven's heart accessing his keyblade and developing dual wielding for the first time. This ability was carried over to Sora.

Edit. Ninja'd.

This is kinda wrong. Xion was absorbing Roxas's powers which is why even though she was a 'puppet' she could use a keyblade. When Xion died Roxas was able to use the full extent of his abilities aka duel wielding.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This is kinda wrong. Xion was absorbing Roxas's powers which is why even though she was a 'puppet' she could use a keyblade. When Xion died Roxas was able to use the full extent of his abilities aka duel wielding.
I think either interpretation works. Although keep in mind that Roxas got his abilities from Sora, yet Sora himself never displayed an ability to dual wield before the separation. And heart-based trauma has been known to have some wonky effects on powers based on the heart.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

He couldn't naturally dual wield because Ven's heart was sleeping. Xion's death triggered it but she never took dual wielding from him in the beginning.
Roxas was not born dual wielding but he could have if some conditions were met.

Anagram

Banned

I'm afraid yours is the one off:

Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

[picture: Roxas and Riku fighting]

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade.
link: BBS Ultimania - 20 Mysteries Solved! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Also her keyblade wasn't even real

- Namine tells Riku that in order for Sora's memories to be restored, both Sora's Nobody and Xion must no longer exist. So he takes it on himself to defeat them, but when he and Roxas fought, was that the first time he had realized that Roxas was that Nobody?

Nomura: Riku only realizes it when Roxas takes off his hood and he can see his face, and he responds to his call. Until then he only half believed. When he first met Xion, he didn't think that she was Sora or Kairi's Nobody, and it was the same with Roxas. When he first saw Roxas, he had no proof of who he was. So that's why he lost to Roxas, he was surprised at him using a real keyblade rather than an imitation like Xion's, and he called out to him. Part of Riku didn't really want to believe that his best friend really had a Nobody.
Link: http://www.khinsider.com/news/358-2-Days-Scenario-Interview-894

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
358/2 days is such a mess, lol. i think it relies on out-of-game information more than any other title.

Really? Are you aware of the game Dream Drop Distance? Like it's not even a competition.

We needed everything we could get just to understand the most basic ideas introduced in that game.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Really? Are you aware of the game Dream Drop Distance? Like it's not even a competition.

We needed everything we could get just to understand the most basic ideas introduced in that game.
This heeere. Like, every game has an Entry in it. (Was it the Glossary?)
You can not play it without knowledge of the other games. Because there is just too much going on. And stuff

Wonderful

Awards

yeah i don't agree at all. the interviews surrounding ddd definitely helped clarify some things, but largely all of it is still present in the actual game. that isn't the case with days at all. with days there are large chunks of mysteries, plot points, developments that can only be gleamed from interviews. ddd interviews, to me, were more about clarifying stuff already present in the games. days interview was like having the entire answer in the interviews, and only there.

Muke

whatever
Awards
yeah i don't agree at all. the interviews surrounding ddd definitely helped clarify some things, but largely all of it is still present in the actual game. that isn't the case with days at all. with days there are large chunks of mysteries, plot points, developments that can only be gleamed from interviews. ddd interviews, to me, were more about clarifying stuff already present in the games. days interview was like having the entire answer in the interviews, and only there.
Yes, but not everyone reads those interviews. Let's be honest now. You can even see that with the questions about KH being asked lately..

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Played the DS or watched the HD movie? I mean c'mon if you don't like Days that's fine, no one is going to hold it against ya, but to say that DDD was more coherent than Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back