• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Xehanort's True Intentions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

I do know Xehanort wants to create the x-blade and start the keyblade war anew. Why though? I've heard it is to recreate existence with pure balance between light and dark, but when did it say in BBS that he wanted balance while Eraqus did not? I forgot where it seems. What would making the keyblade war occur again trigger to bring forth such balance? Why did he want the seven princesses of heart? To possess Kingdom Hearts? How would this aid him? What does Kingdom Hearts even do? I'm awfully confused.

Wonderful

Awards
I do know Xehanort wants to create the x-blade and start the keyblade war anew. Why though? I've heard it is to recreate existence with pure balance between light and dark, but when did it say in BBS that he wanted balance while Eraqus did not?
It says it most clearly in the Xehanort Reports.

Xehanort's Report - Birth by Sleep - Kingdom Hearts Insider

What would making the keyblade war occur again trigger to bring forth such balance?
Again it's touched on in the Xehanort Reports, but part of it is that the last Keyblade War was so devastating that it literally reshaped the entire universe, and thus a new war would likely have just as strong a force. And secondly, it's the belief that by claiming Kingdom Hearts he would become superhuman and would be able to use it to recreate the world how he sees fit.

Why did he want the seven princesses of heart?
To act as the Seven Lights to forge the X-Blade with the original Organization.

HK Motendra

Awards
Wasn't there another thing about wanting to balance out the "tyranny of Light" and/or create a world where Light and Dark were in perfect equilibrium? If my memory serves correctly, that is

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Wasn't there another thing about wanting to balance out the "tyranny of Light" and/or create a world where Light and Dark were in perfect equilibrium? If my memory serves correctly, that is
From the 8th Xehanort Report in BBS, yes:
Xehanort Report VIII said:
My brother pupil Eraqus thinks only in absolutes. He has persuaded himself that light is the only way, but forgets that light cannot exist without shadow. I believe a balance of light and darkness is what sustains our World, but too much of the darkness has been stamped out, disrupting that balance. Someone must tear down this tyranny of light and reorganize the World around the darkness which then creeps back in.

OkaruAudo

So why would he use the seven lights to create the x-blade when he had already planned on doing so with Ventus and Vanitas? As a sort of back up plan?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
So why would he use the seven lights to create the x-blade when he had already planned on doing so with Ventus and Vanitas? As a sort of back up plan?
Back-ups upon back-ups. He's always got a back-up plan. He knew from the get-go that the "13 darknesses, 7 lights" thing was the proper way to do it, but he wanted to see if a shortcut would work. If it did, sweet. If it didn't, oh well, he'd get it done eventually.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That so-called "Tyranny of Light" doesn't even exist, it's made up propaganda of Xehanort to somewhat legitimize his ambitions, which if you really take them down to the basics boil down to nothing but a desire for him to become a god-like being and reshape the universe as he sees fit.
By gaining the true Kingdom Hearts, as stated in his reports as well, he would become something above a human and possibly gain the power to rule over all hearts and thus over all of existence.

The thing is that the worlds were in balance and doing just fine until Xehanort started to mess things up.

All this "balance"-babbling he gives cannot be taken seriously as well since he shows a blatant favoritism towards Darkness in nearly every instance we see him.
So him accusing Eraqus of thinking only in absolutes is plain hypocrisy on his part as he does the same just from the other side of the spectrum.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I gotta admit, sometimes I'm not sure if Xehanort just wants to watch the world burn, or if he wants to actually become the torch to set everything on fire. Does he just want to observe the effects of the apocalypse, or does he have something of a god complex now?

I mean, I know what he wants and how he's trying to get it, but why he's doing it is a bit ambiguous...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I gotta admit, sometimes I'm not sure if Xehanort just wants to watch the world burn, or if he wants to actually become the torch to set everything on fire. Does he just want to observe the effects of the apocalypse, or does he have something of a god complex now?

This is actually one of the more distinct things that separates Xehanort from the plain usual evil overlords like Sauron or Emperor Palpatine, as he has on top of it that insatiable, deep running curiosity that lets him try out several side paths, possible shortcuts and simply experiment with his theses and assumptions just to see what happens.
Since he cares for no one but himself, his amibitions and his thirst for knowledge he can commit the most horrendous acrocities "just to see what happens" without batting an eye at it.

On this information it can even be called into question if he truly cares for "reshaping" the universe at all or if he maybe just got bored with the universe and decided to destroy it/let it be destroyed in the hopes that may yield something new for him to take interest in.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This is actually one of the more distinct things that separates Xehanort from the plain usual evil overlords like Sauron or Emperor Palpatine, as he has on top of it that insatiable, deep running curiosity that lets him try out several side paths, possible shortcuts and simply experiment with his theses and assumptions just to see what happens.
Since he cares for no one but himself, his amibitions and his thirst for knowledge he can commit the most horrendous acrocities "just to see what happens" without batting an eye at it.

On this information it can even be called into question if he truly cares for "reshaping" the universe at all or if he maybe just got bored with the universe and decided to destroy it/let it be destroyed in the hopes that may yield something new for him to take interest in.
Yeah, this was one of the first things that I realized when I started to dig deeper into the story. Even though Xehanort is a pretty big Villain Sue, his motives aren't as generic as they could be, and his Mad Scientist-like curiosity and methods make him unique from the usual "take over the universe for the evulz" types.

I'd actually be pretty irritated if he just turned into a power-hungry wannabe god at the end. Despite the reports and Xemnas' actions, I always got the feeling that Xehanort's more the type to just initiate the end, then grab some recording devices and a big tub of popcorn while the universe goes to hell. Plus nothing that he's said or done lately has implied that he wants to actively reshape the universe himself, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back