• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happens when we get off topic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderful

Awards
a lot of things are leaning towards overly PC.

And PC is the biggest form of cancer that needs to die immediately. Same goes for social just-us warriors. Ruining gaming
tumblr_nzqs2uFMzc1ugvzu5o1_540.jpg

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

And PC is the biggest form of cancer that needs to die immediately. Same goes for social just-us warriors. Ruining gaming

Square's games have really only ever been censored when there is interference from another party (ESRB for FF8, Disney for KH2, Nintendo for earlier FFs and Bravely Default/Second, etc), and I have faith that they won't give a shit how PC crybullies feel; the amount of consumers far outnumber the SJWs. That being said, the last PC craze only lasted a good 4 or 5 years before it simmered, and I expect this phase will be over by the time part one is out.

Wonderful

Awards

i'm honestly amazed at the amount of actual adults saying this shit unironically lmao

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Right. Not angry gate-keepers, racist assholes, or people who think that their own sexual gratification automatically trumps criticism.

Groundbreaking. Maybe stop trying to bait people who are about feminism and social justice into arguments and maybe give examples about how Final Fantasy 7 subverts those cliches and harmful themes and therefore deserves to go uncensored and unchecked?

(I'm probably what you'd consider a SJW, but the FF7 remake is probably going to be fine as is? No one cares?)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Right. Not angry gate-keepers, racist assholes, or people who think that their own sexual gratification automatically trumps criticism.

This. There is a reason people are being PC these days, and it's not because people are doing it for the sake of themselves but to bring attention to the fact that we as a society have let bullshit like this slide for too long. There is nothing wrong with being PC.

The problem is when it goes overboard, and in the end that is nothing new because all sides of the argument will reach extremes. They should not be considered the norm or representative of the whole.

There is a balance to be found.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I've never heard of PC outside of South Park but I totally understand the sick mentality and now when I look it up I see that it just stand for Political Correctness.
I refuse to ruin this thread, I CAN DO IT! *slap myself* Stay still soldier!

In all seriousness though, of course it's just the mind control itself, how could it be anything else? (at least Tinny can't blame me for bringing it up this time)
No idea how the topic came up even after reading all the comments lol

edit- when I first read Tinny's comment (before the previous posts) I thought he was talking about the game coming to PC and there was a fan war over how the game didn't belong on PC or something

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

1: I can see how you'd be confused, but I am a guy.

2: It happened because ShadowFenix brought it up literally out of nowhere.

Honestly, all the real concern behind the legitimate movements you seem to despise is: a lot of people have it hard, there are a lot of things that other people do, even passively and without meaning to, that continue to hurt those people, and there are ways of improving it to stop those behaviours and the people who've had their privilege unchecked for so long fear that it means that eventually THEY will be the ones oppressed.

Like, I don't get it. The goal? To be nice to everyone and stop the things that put people in shitty positions and give everyone a fair chance. Somehow that's twisted into WOMEN HATE MEN, WHITE GUYS ARE UNIVERSALLY HATED. ONLY ONE BLACK GUY CAN BE IN THE CAST BEFORE IT BECOMES PC~*~*~*~ AND IT'S BETTER IF HE'S A MR. T STEREOTYPE.

I don't GET it.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

1: I can see how you'd be confused, but I am a guy.
Whoops, fixed it, don't know I keep thinking that lol.
The problem with political correctness is (mainly) that it's all about worshiping the ego, "don't say something wrong, someone might get offended."
"AND IT'S BETTER IF HE'S A MR. T STEREOTYPE."
- If you're referring to Barett this is exactly it. Art is only art as long as it's expressed from the heart, if you have to compromise so that people won't be offended that's a problem. Square knows black people aren't any different then whites (I hope) and we know it so there's no problem.
Let's say they have five black guys that are not family or from the same unique tribe/city/whatever (cause that would be a good reason for them to be similar) that all act like mr T and there's no other black guys, nor do any white people act like that, now something is fucking weird but in the case of Barret it's nothing like that, it's creative liberty.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Just look at anita saarkeesian's treatment. Anybody who accuses gaming SJW of ruining gaming should take a look at how far the good fedora wearing fuckboys of gaming went just make sure their great white power fantasies stayed untouched.

Who even gives a fuck if women and PoC get proper treatment in gaming?? Why wouldn't you want to support it?? Not directed at anyone specific but just an example.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The problem, though, is that it perpetuates that there can only be one type of person with that skin color, and in Japan? This kind of discourse is super new, and wasn't really happening in the '90s. They wanted that archetypal character in the game. The creative license did borrow from stereotyping. It's a product of its time, I understand that, but why shouldn't people be annoyed by it? Like, I'm with with Barrett, I'm fine with those characters. Again - there are all kinds of aspects of FF7 that go around those stereotypes that people find harmful, and if you can't bring those up legitimately then don't bother complaining?

Like, your creativity shouldn't come from harmful portrayals of people. If you can't make art without being outwardly offensive, then you're not good at art? There's nothing ego-centric about caring about the way a large group of people feel, and I'm sick of the culture of gaming where it's not cool to care? Like, that's nonsense. You're on the forum for a Disney game.

(whisper edit: damn, chuman took it there, that poor woman was set up by an angry exboyfriend and a lot of innocent people, unrelated to her who I know very well and love, were hurt and their lives put in danger by people who thought that their artistic liberty trumped the wellbeing of others)

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Just look at anita saarkeesian's treatment. Anybody who accuses gaming SJW of ruining gaming should take a look at how far the good fedora wearing diddlyboys of gaming went just make sure their great white power fantasies stayed untouched.

Who even gives a diddly if women and PoC get proper treatment in gaming?? Why wouldn't you want to support it?? Not directed at anyone specific but just an example.
lol, Anyone who think that thing (because it sure as hell ain't a real person) is a good role-model should be shot in the head immediately, I mean it, no matter how offended someone might get over it but she's the most extreme example of a lying hypocrite out there. The trick is seeing the smaller stuff and even more important how we do it ourselves all the time.

Wonderful

Awards

Whoops, fixed it, don't know I keep thinking that lol.
The problem with political correctness is (mainly) that it's all about worshiping the ego, "don't say something wrong, someone might get offended."
more like "if i say something harmful it might harm someone"

Art is only art as long as it's expressed from the heart, if you have to compromise so that people won't be offended that's a problem.

how is relying on stereotypes art, or something coming from the heart. it's coming from unchecked and unresearched acceptance of harmful societal messages and merely relaying those again carelessly. it's cliché at best.

lol, Anyone who think that thing (because it sure as hell ain't a real person) is a good role-model should be shot in the head immediately I mean it
wtf dude

no matter how offended someone might get over it but she's the most extreme example of a lying hypocrite out there.
if you think anything anita has done is extreme you really don't know much lol

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

lol, Anyone who think that thing (because it sure as hell ain't a real person) is a good role-model should be shot in the head immediately, I mean it, no matter how offended someone might get over it but she's the most extreme example of a lying hypocrite out there. The trick is seeing the smaller stuff and even more important how we do it ourselves all the time.

That is unacceptable. It's hate, and not a single person in this thread took it there. The admins are legally obligated to follow through with death threats to the authorities. I'd check myself immediately if I were you.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

The problem, though, is that it perpetuates that there can only be one type of person with that skin color, and in Japan? This kind of discourse is super new, and wasn't really happening in the '90s. They wanted that archetypal character in the game. The creative license did borrow from stereotyping. It's a product of its time, I understand that, but why shouldn't people be annoyed by it? Like, I'm with with Barrett, I'm fine with those characters. Again - there are all kinds of aspects of FF7 that go around those stereotypes that people find harmful, and if you can't bring those up legitimately then don't bother complaining?

Like, your creativity shouldn't come from harmful portrayals of people. If you can't make art without being outwardly offensive, then you're not good at art? There's nothing ego-centric about caring about the way a large group of people feel, and I'm sick of the culture of gaming where it's not cool to care? Like, that's nonsense. You're on the forum for a Disney game.

(whisper edit: damn, chuman took it there, that poor woman was set up by an angry exboyfriend and a lot of innocent people, unrelated to her who I know very well and love, were hurt and their lives put in danger by people who thought that their artistic liberty trumped the wellbeing of others)
Do you know you're an ad?
You should watch that really old south park episode with christmas being banned because everything about it was offensive

I'm ready to be banned for the truth, she's already dead anyway and anyone so hollow to follow her.
And it's not hate, I don't like being banned but I'm ready to show you your mirror for it, I'd call that love and not the bullshit kind you see around you

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I personally don't know much of her endeavors but what makes her a "thing"?

Wonderful

Awards

i think you're thinking of zoe quinn, not anita sarkeesian.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I personally don't know much of her endeavors but what makes her a "thing"?
Just look up some video about gaming or probably anything else, it's all I've seen but it's the single most one sided video I've watched in my entire life

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Do you know you're an ad?
You should watch that really old south park episode with christmas being banned because everything about it was offensive

I'm ready to be banned for the truth, she's already dead anyway and anyone so hollow to follow her.
And it's not hate, I don't like being banned but I'm ready to show you your mirror for it, I'd call that love and not the bullshit kind you see around you

Jw, do you support donald trump? Just a vibe.

Wonderful

Awards

Just look up some video about gaming or probably anything else, it's all I've seen but it's the single most one sided video I've watched in my entire life
this is like saying a video showcasing the amount of times the colour blue is highlighted in a video game is "one sided" against all the other colours. her video series is about exploring tropes in video games so of course she is going to focus on times the trope is used. that's the whole point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back