• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

After seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I'm feeling pretty confident that we're going to get that film in the KH3.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

After seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I'm feeling pretty confident that we're going to get that film in the KH3.
Out of curiosity, what makes you think so? Er, without any spoilers, of course.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Because kylo ren is goofy

Last edited by a moderator:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

There's a certain compatibility with the new cast of characters in TFA that I could see fitting in pretty damn well with the KH series/cast. I can even see which character would be the party member too. Never really got that vibe from either cast in the OT or PT.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

yeah plus disney or square would be stupid to not inculde star wars world for the general audience as well im mean the concept of star wars fit kh well good vs evil light vs dark everthing matches plus if kh 3 and star wars 8 are both in 2017 why would try to capalize on that

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

yeah plus why would disney or square adverstise star wars world for the general audience as well im mean the concept of star wars fit kh well good vs evil light vs dark everthing matches

I'm not sure whether you're arguing for or against whatever you're talking about...

I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons why there are so many SW parallels is because KH (and the FF series, to an extent...) has been helmed by Star Wars fans. Though honestly, I'd prefer it if they kept the two separate for now. Aside from the Galaxy Far, Far Away just being too big of a universe to compact neatly into a single world, for all its similarities, there are some key differences between the light/dark duality that wouldn't mix too well.

In fact, the way of the Jedi is in direct conflict with KH's main theme of friendship. For the Jedi, the kind of loyalty and devotion that people like Sora and Riku have for those they care about is a straightforward path to the Dark Side. ... And in a way, it kind of is. Luke, Anakin, Riku, Sora... at some point in all of their stories, they impulsively followed their emotions to try to save/protect those they cared about, and it ended VERY badly for all of them. ... Hm. Maybe there isn't such a big difference there after all. But in KH, unlike SW, more often than not, that sort of devotion is also shown in a positive light and doesn't always result in severed limbs and crushing defeats. In fact, it's usually cited as the main reason why the heroes can get stuff done.

Also, the dark/light duality. In the SW universe, all negative emotions contribute to the Dark Side, and the Dark Side itself has never really produced anything good. In fact, they say that the Dark Side's existence itself is the imbalance in the Force. Contrast that with Light and Darkness in KH, which casts Darkness as a much more neutral, albeit still dangerous, force. Rage and fear aren't Darkness-exclusive feelings, either, and it is possible to accept the darkness without becoming fully consumed by it.

It's two different takes on a similar concept. I wouldn't say that they would blend perfectly. :I sheesh, I got a bit carried away, didn't I?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I don't see what makes TFA different from the other films in terms of compatibility with the KH series. It would have the same problems meshing in the kh's limited universe

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Just pull SW characters and incorporate them into thw KH universe like the FF and TWEWY characters. Same can work for marvel.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I'm not sure whether you're arguing for or against whatever you're talking about...

I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons why there are so many SW parallels is because KH (and the FF series, to an extent...) has been helmed by Star Wars fans. Though honestly, I'd prefer it if they kept the two separate for now. Aside from the Galaxy Far, Far Away just being too big of a universe to compact neatly into a single world, for all its similarities, there are some key differences between the light/dark duality that wouldn't mix too well.

In fact, the way of the Jedi is in direct conflict with KH's main theme of friendship. For the Jedi, the kind of loyalty and devotion that people like Sora and Riku have for those they care about is a straightforward path to the Dark Side. ... And in a way, it kind of is. Luke, Anakin, Riku, Sora... at some point in all of their stories, they impulsively followed their emotions to try to save/protect those they cared about, and it ended VERY badly for all of them. ... Hm. Maybe there isn't such a big difference there after all. But in KH, unlike SW, more often than not, that sort of devotion is also shown in a positive light and doesn't always result in severed limbs and crushing defeats. In fact, it's usually cited as the main reason why the heroes can get stuff done.

Also, the dark/light duality. In the SW universe, all negative emotions contribute to the Dark Side, and the Dark Side itself has never really produced anything good. In fact, they say that the Dark Side's existence itself is the imbalance in the Force. Contrast that with Light and Darkness in KH, which casts Darkness as a much more neutral, albeit still dangerous, force. Rage and fear aren't Darkness-exclusive feelings, either, and it is possible to accept the darkness without becoming fully consumed by it.

It's two different takes on a similar concept. I wouldn't say that they would blend perfectly. :I sheesh, I got a bit carried away, didn't I?
wow this is deep lol and i get what you saying wanting to be serpate but if if does make it in i can see nomura comming up with something to make both universes fit

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Just pull SW characters and incorporate them into thw KH universe like the FF and TWEWY characters. Same can work for marvel.
This is probably the best idea I've heard so far, actually.

EDIT: Nomura can come up with something if he has to. We all know that. Whether he'd be able to make it work very well... heh, that's what I'm not too sure of.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Nomura can come up with something if he has to. We all know that. Whether he'd be able to make it work very well... heh, that's what I'm not too sure of.
if he can make pirates work then he can make star wars also as well

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Port Royal got very negative reception though. Also the world of CotBP was smaller than any of the Star Wars movie

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

A whole lotta people would argue that the PotC world was... less than well-done. :I

Like I said, Nomura could make it a functioning world if he wanted to. No doubt about that. What I'm not so sure of is if he'd be able to make it better than "grab iconic locations and scenes and stick SDG into the movie plot." Or if he'd be able to do the SW universe justice, simply due to its magnitude. Many games centered only on the Star Wars universe have tried and failed; I don't know if cramming it into a KH-sized world would be a good idea.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

A whole lotta people would argue that the PotC world was... less than well-done. :I

Like I said, Nomura could make it a functioning world if he wanted to. No doubt about that. What I'm not so sure of is if he'd be able to make it better than "grab iconic locations and scenes and stick SDG into the movie plot." Or if he'd be able to do the SW universe justice, simply due to its magnitude. Many games centered only on the Star Wars universe have tried and failed; I don't know if cramming it into a KH-sized world would be a good idea.
yeah your right well star wars would be one of those dreams ips then

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

yeah your right well star wars would be one of those dreams ips then

Nomura's dream IP. That's why he'll fight tooth and nail to make it happen.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

This is actually a very good point and I agree. I mean, I doubt something like that would stop SE from including Star Wars, but it would be a bit tricky. It would be amazing if they actually used this difference though, and made Sora really think about things from a different perspective. It would be interesting to see these ideologies clash and maybe even learn from each other, or at least there could be some conflict because of it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I just want to see sora get force telekinesis and force thunder as an upgrade to thundaga. We can focus on the ideologies later on.

Back