• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Jump Festa 2016 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xagzan

Awards
that's so disappointing.
one, because reincarnation or whatever is kinda meh idea
two, basically just means these characters are more or less even more clones
three, and most important, i was looking forward to all new voice cast for all new characters ;-;
sigh.

So hackneyed. Why does it seem like Nomura keeps trying to emulate Naruto time after time? Naruto is awful. Please stop, Nomura.

Yen Sid looks really great, so it's strange that Riku and Kairi still look so lifeless. I guess because they're not moving.

Wonderful

Awards
I have an idea as to why the worlds are empty in DDD. They're basically dream worlds, yes? Reality's laws don't exist in dreams. Random npcs don't exist in dreams.

And Twilight Town does indeed look fantastic.
the worlds are empty in DDD because they are empty in every KH game. KH just has empty worlds.

Plus, I just prefer Kairi and Xion having separate voices from each other
they don't, though. canonically they have the same voice. hayden voices both kairi and xion in the games she appears.

personally i want hayden over stoner. stoner isn't very good as far as i am concerned. and it would suck to end the saga with kairi not being voiced by her main va.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Plus, I just prefer Kairi and Xion having separate voices from each other, so I hope that they'll both come back. Hayden for Kairi and Alyson for Xion (though I'm not too worried about Alyson, because she's been really faithful thus far).

That idea drives me up the wall, but to each their own. It'll be interesting to hear from the cast again.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
that's so disappointing.
one, because reincarnation or whatever is kinda meh idea
two, basically just means these characters are more or less even more clones
three, and most important, i was looking forward to all new voice cast for all new characters ;-;
sigh.
I'm going to have to echo the same sentiments as well. I'm worried that the Foretellers will essentially become carbon-copies of TAVRK, so I'm hoping that they at least look different if we ever get to see them unhooded.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm going to have to echo the same sentiments as well. I'm worried that the Foretellers will essentially become carbon-copies of TAVRK, so I'm hoping that they at least look different if we ever get to see them unhooded.
we dont what there personalities all we know they have same va as the other characther we know for all we know there personalities could be different

silentmusic16

From Chi alone they at least seem to have their own personalities. That said, I think it works thematically, even if they're not straight up reincarnations. The three generations of Keyblade Warriors being similar, and the way the story of the heartless starting with the Chi gen, continuing through BBS, and ending of this main conflict with Sora is a neat little bookend kind of thing.

I'm a supporter of the Rebirth theory so I'm really happy about this near-confirmation.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
-rebirth theory
-shotlocks
-flowmotion
-tech points
-the combat looks better

THANKS SQUIZZLE MY HIZZLES

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I didn't expect this refresher to be a novel long!

Sigh. You got a TL:DR version? LOL. I'll.. read later. And btw, we are just assume at this point that the theory may be proven or exposed in some way in the 2.8 playthrough right? Or 3.0
correct as right now it going end up true until we wach the movie

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
they don't, though. canonically they have the same voice. hayden voices both kairi and xion in the games she appears.

Yeah, but so far SENA has done such a weird job of going back and forth with them (where so far Hayden has mostly voiced Kairi, and Alyson, Xion), that it almost seems like they do/can. Though to be fair, I know a lot of this is probably because of Hayden's busy schedule, though.

That idea drives me up the wall, but to each their own. It'll be interesting to hear from the cast again.

I can see why it would bother you (and it used to me, too, since they're not voiced like that in the Japanese version), but I just like it this way now, because we all know Xion's going to become her own person in the end anyway, so why not go the extra mile and give her her own voice? It serves to help differentiate her from Kairi as well, which is nice, as a lot of people (rightfully, tbh) complain about the number of carbon copies of people in this series.

And I... I just can't imagine anyone but Hayden as Kairi most of the time, and while I could maybe handle Hayden voicing Xion (since I don't have my nostalgia goggles on as tightly with her), I feel like that would also come off as really strange, perhaps.

So really--for me, at least--giving them different voices is truly the best way to go. Especially since it would give both Hayden and Alyson the chance to end out this saga they've both spent quite a time acting in.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
One thing that disappoints me is the lack of HUD in DFDDD. What are you hiding square?

Wonderful

Awards
And I... I just can't imagine anyone but Hayden as Kairi most of the time, and while I could maybe handle Hayden voicing Xion (since I don't have my nostalgia goggles on as tightly with her), I feel like that would also come off as really strange, perhaps.
you know hayden voiced xion in BBS and DDD right?

we dont what there personalities all we know they have same va as the other characther we know for all we know there personalities could be different
i don't think people's criticisms of kh having too many "clone" characters has to do with personalities. all of the "clones" have different personalities, after all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't expect this refresher to be a novel long!

Sigh. You got a TL:DR version? LOL. I'll.. read later. And btw, we are just assume at this point that the theory may be proven or exposed in some way in the 2.8 playthrough right? Or 3.0

TL;DR

Riku, Aqua, Terra, Kairi, and Ven have a similar color scheme to the Foretellers and Nomura tends to do things on purpose therefore the Foretellers AKA the ones who caused the first Keyblade war are in fact our Guardians of Light, the chosen of the Keyblade destined to cross Keyblades against Xehanort...aka Foretellers reborn.

What No Drive forms ? ( that Kinda Lame I don't even Like Shot Lock )

Currently in development title is currently in development. Also lol Nomura said in an interview many months bad they were still thinking about if they want Drives in KH3. Honestly they aren't necessary considering what Sora can do now.

his grace

Pretty let down Trailer for me ( But This what happens When its The BB team doing Kingdom hearts III So I should't be shocked By this News )

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Pretty let down Trailer for me ( But This what happens When its The BB team doing Kingdom hearts III So I should't be shocked By this News )

This comment doesn't make any sense. The original KH dev team doesn't really exist anymore.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
One thing that disappoints me is the lack of HUD in DFDDD. What are you hiding square?
Square never show HUD in the remaster promotions, it's disappointing.

BB Team?

Kaijuguy19

Wished the new KH3 showed a bit more then just gameplay footage though I did like the one for 2.8 which actually does show more content. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back