• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Informer Discusses Contents of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 with Tetsuya Nomura

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I really hope after Aqua and Ven are saved(Which is i hope isn't close at the end) everyone pretty much stays together for the rest of the game.I'm so tired of everyone being separated.

Is it so hard to ask for a big group of your friends going to most of the worlds together.I actually think it would be amazing to have a party system similar to star ocean 5 for later parts of the game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I really hope after Aqua and Ven are saved(Which is i hope isn't close at the end) everyone pretty much stays together for the rest of the game.I'm so tired of everyone being separated.

Is it so hard to ask for a big group of your friends going to most of the worlds together.

Especially since the major point of what they're doing in KHIII is to try and get whoever the Guardians of Light are together.

Edit: I actually kind of hope Nomura takes a leaf out of this fanfiction's http://archiveofourown.org/works/4636179 book, and has some moment where the King wants some sort of team building exercise to happen between everyone, as they're supposed to save the world together, yet realizing they hardly know each other or how to fight together. (Even if other things this story does--such as pairing SRK all together, having them "makeout all the time", as Ven puts it, and having them have cell phones and wanting to ditch MDG at the end--are questionable.)

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Personally, I think Riku and Mickey are going to be at the center of whatever the Lost Masters plot is. You can't really have a war with half a dozen Keyblade wielders.

While that may also be reasonable, there is quite something off except if Yen Sid wants to wage war too.
As far as we know the main goal is to prevent another full war from breaking out (the inevitable, destinied clash between the 7 and 13 is NOT the war itself, it can serve as the starting point for another war though) so Yen Sid tasking Riku and Mickey to basically get even more Keyblade Wielders is just playing into Xehanort's hands by basically gearing up for war by building an army.

Not to mention that the "Lost Masters", which are arguably the Foretellers, were the ones who were responsible for starting the first war so that may also play right into Xehanort's cards.

That's a really good point. The entire aim of the main games (and most of the side games) has literally been
- Reunite with Riku and Kairi, or save one (or both) of them
- Defeat the big bad/stop the heartless

Having been separated since KH1 and only reuniting at small points you'd imagine that they'd want to spend more time together but in an effort to keep things "classic KH" I'm almost sure we'll get stuck with Donald and Goofy again. Some kind of flimsy "we all have parts to play and we'll get together in the end" justification (like in KH2). Then again if they go this way I'd almost hope for a BBS/DDD style scenario switch, if only so that we finally get to play as Kairi and get a glimpse of what Riku/Kairi/Aqua/Mickey are up to, instead of them showing up at the end a la KH2.

Sora really does need to know about TAV, and one can only hope that he'll be clued in at the end of 0.2, or told near the beginning of KH3.

Yes, and the first main aim has been fulfilled by the end of KH 2 and was arguably replaced with "rescue the tormented ones (aka TAV, Ansem the Wise, Naminé, Xion and Roxas, all those who called out to Sora)" while the second is still in place since Xehanort just constantly refuses to stay down.

That's what I am suspecting at least. Riku, Mickey and most likely Kairi as well are intentionally swept aside to force "just" Sora, Donald and Goofy into effect.
It does not even need a BBS/DDD-like "scenario switch" at all though as long as these characters are not kept out of focus for the entire game until the last world like they did in KH 2 where everything that did not concern the events happening around SDG took place completely behind the scenes.
DDD already did a sort of mixed variant to cover other characters by having cutscenes (like Lea waking up, speaking with Ienzo, Mickey & co in Disney Castle etc) between worlds showing what other characters are up to.

I agree, despite Sora not being the brightest in understanding more complex scenarios, he should certainly not being left out of the loop in such a total fashion.
This would be totally irresponsible of both Yen Sid and Mickey (the latter already not looking so good in that regard anyways because he didn't really inform Sora about what he learned in Coded in detail), especially when considering Sora's overall importance to their side.

Is it so hard to ask for a big group of your friends going to most of the worlds together.I actually think it would be amazing to have a party system similar to star ocean 5 for later parts of the game.

Amen.
I've been hoping for a true party system and actual freedom to choose your party members for years already.

Having such a big cast and not really allow the player to use it is also a flaw in the KH series in my eyes.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
While that may also be reasonable, there is quite something off except if Yen Sid wants to wage war too.
As far as we know the main goal is to prevent another full war from breaking out (the inevitable, destinied clash between the 7 and 13 is NOT the war itself, it can serve as the starting point for another war though) so Yen Sid tasking Riku and Mickey to basically get even more Keyblade Wielders is just playing into Xehanort's hands by basically gearing up for war by building an army.

If the clash is unavoidable, as Yen Sid says in the Secret Ending, then the next best thing is to find any potential Keyblade Wielder that may be summoned by the clash and convince them either not to fight, or to stand with the Guardians of Light.

Not to mention that the "Lost Masters", which are arguably the Foretellers, were the ones who were responsible for starting the first war so that may also play right into Xehanort's cards.
*shakes angrily* Then there's merit in finding them or more about them in order to subvert it by finding out what they did wrong.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
How baller would it be if Square Enix programmed the release date for KHIII into this, and it appeared after completing all the content on the disc? Unless this upcoming game show has any surprises in line, I couldn't think of a better way. What do you guys think?
No... they have to all at least wait until 2.8 has already released. I've never seen them have 2 games with a release date at the same time.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
No... they have to all at least wait until 2.8 has already released. I've never seen them have 2 games with a release date at the same time.
I don't think that's what he meant by that. They wouldn't release 2.8 and III on the same date. Decis was suggesting that SE could hide the release date in 2.8 itself, and you could view it after you completed Fragmentary Passage, DDD HD, and watched the Chi movie.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
ha.

i sae this on the GI website the day before we posted about it but i thought it was old news.

my bad.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wow. I do still want the game, but not for $60... I'm okay with paying full price for an actual game. But not for a game that won't even last me a week... I'm just excited that the scenes from 3d will finally be clear enough to see on a tv!
It's probably not going to cost that much.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Secretly hoping for Riku/Kairi/Mickey/Aqua bringing Ventus back to Mysterious Tower where Sora goes inside Ven to fix him and it's actually an Inside Out world.
you read my mind if inside out in the game which i hope it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back