• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Hollow Bastion's Keyhole Special?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

The PoH unlocked Hollow Bastion's keyhole. Ansem was then able to use this keyhole to reach End of the World where the Artificial Kingdom Heart was.

Why is Hollow Bastion's keyhole able to do this though? In BBS, neither Eraqus nor Xehanort treat Radiant Garden as anything special. How does it become special in KHI?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Because plot.

I think it's just one of those things that was never given an explanation, and I guess it doesn't actually need it.

My guess, though? Hollow Bastion became a world tied very closely to the darkness. Interesting how it was one of the first worlds to be overrun, yet it hasn't been torn asunder like Destiny Islands was, isn't it? Something happened to that place that kept it from crumbling completely. Maybe whatever kept it somewhat intact is what made the castle look like a huge Heartless, and caused it to become a gateway to The End of the World.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Gettin them confused mate. The Final Keyhole you see with the PoH isn't the same as the actual keyhole.

Ansem Report 5 said:
To study the Heartless behavior, I picked one out for observation. It wiggled its antennae and, as if sensing a target, headed deep into the castle. In the deepest part of the castle, its antennae began vibrating, as if searching for something. Suddenly, a strange door appeared. I'd never known of its existence.
It had a large keyhole, but didn't seem to be locked. So I opened the door. What I saw on the other side mystified me. What was that powerful mass of energy? That night I observed a great meteor shower in the sky. Could it be related to the door that I have opened?

He found the actual keyhole to Hollow Bastion deep in the castle. It had a door similar to Destiny Islands as well. The Keyhole you see used with the PoH keyblade of hearts is a special keyhole for opening the Door To Darkness. It needed the 7 PoH to make the key and keyhole.

It's further elaborated on that opening that door caused the worlds barrier to fall and for the fake Ansem to discover gummi blocks

Ansem Report 7 said:
I am studying material from the meteors that rained down that fateful night. What a find! The material is foreign to our world. It is elastic to the touch, and when two pieces are combined, they bond easily. None of the records even mention such a substance.
Was it introduced to this world when I opened the door? I wonder how many other such materials drift through the atmosphere of this tiny world... I wish I could soar off and find out! Could there be uncharted worlds up there? My curiosity never ceases to grow.
But I should stop speaking of such unrealistic dreams. For now, there is no way to venture outside this world. My people and I are all but prisoners of this tiny place.

The secret ansem reports wrote by Diz also elaborated that Hollow Bastion true keyhole is in the basement of the castle

Secret Ansem Report 3 said:
Chaos affects not only this world, but many other worlds besides.
In the "Ansem's Reports" my apprentice Xehanort had written under my name, I found the records of his hideous experiments along with his hypothesis about the door that had appeared out of the darkness in my basement.

Last edited:

Veritas7340

That answers many questions. Thanks Anagram!

However, I still have some questions: (1) Why didn't Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden disappear like the rest of the worlds? (2) Why is the Door to Darkness's Keyhole in Hollow Bastion?

Anagram

Banned
Those are questions without bluntly stated answers sadly. It's mostly theorized that it's because Hollow Bastion is what a couple characters called the "Capital of Light".

Edit. Also gotta remember it's never said Hollow Bastions heart was devoured like the other worlds. Only that the keyhole was found. A world doesn't vanish unless it's heart has something happen to it.

Veritas7340

Oh well, looks like it will be a mystery for some time then.

Every time a door to a world's heart is opened, the Heartless rush to devour it. Destiny Islands is a prime example. Perhaps because Hollow Bastion is the "Capital of Light," it has some sort of residual light shield like Disney Castle.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Why is Hollow Bastion's keyhole able to do this though? In BBS, neither Eraqus nor Xehanort treat Radiant Garden as anything special. How does it become special in KHI?

Xehanort outright calls it the "Capital of Light" in BBS though and while it is nowhere officially explained, Radiant Garden is implied to be a special world just like Land of Departure.

Anagram

Banned
Every time a door to a world's heart is opened, the Heartless rush to devour it. Destiny Islands is a prime example. Perhaps because Hollow Bastion is the "Capital of Light," it has some sort of residual light shield like Disney Castle.
Possible but I'm more inclined to think Xehanort just didn't let the worlds heart get devoured. He was with that small shadow heartless when he found the door and he says he opened the door himself.

He may have needed Hollow Bastion for the final keyhole or something too which is why it was kept intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back