• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Both collections) How many of you...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The combos seemed very kh-y and fire spells returned to form.

Its been six years since i played days so my memory isn't to be trusted

The combos were super static. Enemies never really reacted to getting hit. Days' primary form of dodging was also that weird air-slide.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The combos were super static. Enemies never really reacted to getting hit. Days' primary form of dodging was also that weird air-slide.

Tbh i never understood the point of the air slide. It was really janky and took me until bbs to get used to it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Is there any thread that can explain to me why everyone likes Re:Coded so much? I seriously can't get it.

That's weird, really weird. And I thought that Re: coded was nothing but an horrendous and apalling game that had very minimal purpose to the plot, but on the contrary, if you like what you like, so be it.

Let me formulate it like this:
While the story of Re: Coded itself might be not overflowing with new twists and "wham"-episodes all along, if you do pay attention to Coded's story and really understand the parts that are not a rethread of KH 1, about half of the "surprises" in Dream Drop Distance won't be "surprises" anymore because with Coded's information you can see them coming from a mile away.

Re: Coded's story does not bring something overwhelmingly new to the table, but it reinforces already introduced concepts and allows to predict where the story will ultimatively lead better.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, Re:Coded's a decent bridge between all the chapters of the saga. It set up the themes of 3D pretty well, and the way it was originally released to coincide around BBS was genius. It also re-established Namine's role in the series.

silentmusic16

Also, Re:Coded's a decent bridge between all the chapters of the saga. It set up the themes of 3D pretty well, and the way it was originally released to coincide around BBS was genius. It also re-established Namine's role in the series.

Did it? Without spoiling anything (I plan on playing one of these days), how is she made relevant again? Her lack of importance in the games released post-KH2 bothered me.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Let me formulate it like this:
While the story of Re: Coded itself might be not overflowing with new twists and "wham"-episodes all along, if you do pay attention to Coded's story and really understand the parts that are not a rethread of KH 1, about half of the "surprises" in Dream Drop Distance won't be "surprises" anymore because with Coded's information you can see them coming from a mile away.

Re: Coded's story does not bring something overwhelmingly new to the table, but it reinforces already introduced concepts and allows to predict where the story will ultimatively lead better.

Exactly. Data Naminé's warning about the memories basically gave away the new Org. 13's plan on Sora. I remember having an "aha" moment in TWTNW when it happened.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I watched both and even though Days was like a million times better than the actual game, it still sucked. After some time (must've been less than half through) I asked myself if this was ever, EVER going to end.

Re:Coded was okay, but I'd never in my life watch it a second time. So much seemed like wasted time...

Hirokey123

Awards

While true your combo is static you shouldn't actually be using a gear long enough for that to become an issue. Early game you have little choice because your selection is small but mid and late game you should be changing your gears every few missions or so. It's a more extreme version of what we had in KH2 where every keyblade had is own use. The same goes for here every gear has its own uses and abilities and you're suppose to constantly change them to fit the world/mission/enemies. But it also brings back KH1's keyblade mechanics such as keyblades having different combo speeds.

It's also not true that enemies don't react to getting hit, it's just not every hit of your combo inflicts hit stun. Each hit either always inflicts hit stun or almost never inflicts hit stun. As there are a few enemies (generally the smaller ones) who will flinch from just about every strike regardless. Still as an example Take chrono gear (at least I believe that was that gear) the second hit always flinches so if you just go 1>2 1>2 1>2 instead of finishing the combo you can keep an enemy stunlocked forever. Not quite sure why they made it this way but that's still better than the near non-existent hitstun on mobs and bosses that would follow in games post-days....

While Days's primary form of dodge is same as KH1/KH2 it's dodge roll and glide. Air slide is largely meant for platforming and prolonging air time before you get glide, but later on when you get abilities that let you transition from an airslide to a combo and can air slide multiple times it does become an effective way to dodge in the air and with a lot more control than later version of air slide grant. While enemy combat in terms of dodging is kind of a hybrid. You've got a bunch of enemies that feel more KH1-ish in design where blocking isn't terribly effective so you want to use a timed dodge roll to avoid them. Then you've got a bunch of enemies that feel more KH2 design where the emphasis is is to use block, magic, and the enemies themselves to avoid being damage instead of dodging. And fitting both options have a nice wealth of customization options where you can make both your block and dodge feel anywhere from KH1/KH2-ish to BBS-ish...

Overall Days is basically a game that is sort of like an in-between of KH1 and KH2 gameplay. It's melee combat is a lot slower and more methodical like KH1 was but then mixes that with how KH2 had more mobility focus and trickier enemies. Same goes for the magic it's KH1-esque in feel and selection but incorporates KH2's idea that each magic should have individual uses/niches, and runs with that so not just every element but now every single spell works differently. Even the worlds have the hybrid thing going on where the KH1 worlds/sections were KH2-ified where they were made less claustrophobic and more linear while the KH2 worlds/sections were KH-ified adding puzzle elements and platforming where there originally wasn't much of.

Basically if KH1 was the child years and KH2 is KH1 all grown up then Days is KH1's teenage years. It's gameplay is something that is very much KH1-ish and has a lot of KH1's design mentality in it but also throws KH2 into the mix.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Did it? Without spoiling anything (I plan on playing one of these days), how is she made relevant again? Her lack of importance in the games released post-KH2 bothered me.

Namine is the catalyst for Coded's events and the entire backend of the series, I can't really go more into it without spoiling?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Namine is the catalyst for Coded's events and the entire backend of the series, I can't really go more into it without spoiling?
Naminort 10/10 confirmed
she was it all the time
:I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back