• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3's Prologue and Introduction/Tutorial Chapter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

silentmusic16

A few points:
- Kairi is training/is supposed to be training with the keyblade after KH2/DDD.
- She needs some more screen time.
- New players/returning players need something of a tutorial stage/prologue/introduction.
- Playing as a non-Sora character is always a nice change of pace.

How would you all feel if the game opened up with players taking control of Kairi for the prologue/tutorial, a la Roxas in KH2? Of course, I don't mean for this to be the only time we see her in the game, but would it work? Would you want it? Is there another character you'd rather play as/think is possible to play as in the prologue (Eraqus or Xehanort, if the E3 trailer mans anything)?

Similarly - what do you believe is going to be the excuse for Sora losing all of his skills and abilities this time? For CoM it was the cards, 2 it was his sleep, and DDD was re-learning his skills as a master (IIRC).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The excuse will either be: Xehanort attacking Sora in 3D made him lose his powers/Nomura DGAF.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why take his abilities tho? Just give him his regular powers but tweak them so they're weak af early on. Then delve into the -ja and -za spells later on. It makes sense especially in the context that its supposed to be much more challenging than past kh games.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Why take his abilities tho? Just give him his regular powers but tweak them so they're weak af early on. Then delve into the -ja and -za spells later on. It makes sense especially in the context that its supposed to be much more challenging than past kh games.
Or if the guys in charge feel especially bold, they could let us have a variety of seemingly overpowered abilities and techniques from the get-go... only for the game to be challenging and well-rounded to the point that you need to be strategic and adept with those powers, or you'll die fast.

I guess you could call that a hopeless romantic's idea of a perfect Critical Mode. You start with more and more advantages based on the difficulty that you chose. And the higher difficulty doesn't just mean that the enemies hit like trucks... they're clever too, enough so that they can sometimes work around those "broken" powers of yours an punish you if you just start spamming a technique.

Anyways, getting more on topic, I once heard this really neat idea of using Trollanort as the tutorial character. Wouldn't that be an entertaining spin on things? Besides, while Kairi really does need some relevance, I think there's a better way to do it than making her the tutorial character for the first hour or so, then shoving her aside for the rest of the game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Or if the guys in charge feel especially bold, they could let us have a variety of seemingly overpowered abilities and techniques from the get-go... only for the game to be challenging and well-rounded to the point that you need to be strategic and adept with those powers, or you'll die fast.

I guess you could call that a hopeless romantic's idea of a perfect Critical Mode. You start with more and more advantages based on the difficulty that you chose. And the higher difficulty doesn't just mean that the enemies hit like trucks... they're clever too, enough so that they can sometimes work around those "broken" powers of yours an punish you if you just start spamming a technique.

Anyways, getting more on topic, I once heard this really neat idea of using Trollanort as the tutorial character. Wouldn't that be an entertaining spin on things? Besides, while Kairi really does need some relevance, I think there's a better way to do it than making her the tutorial character for the first hour or so, then shoving her aside for the rest of the game.

That would be beautiful. Im hoping they work together much akin to the heartless swarm in the reveal trailer. Maybe two large bodies that fight back to back so you have to use magnega, but are immune to thunder so you cant obliterate them instantly, or if they are even bolder, give us spells like reflect with an hp bar, but enemies that have a nature that causes them to hammer down especially hard to destroy the barrier.

My expectations for this game are too high.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Eh, it's a game that everyone has been waiting on for ten years now. Of course it will never meet our expectations.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
And get sorely disappointed when none of our expectations are met. *nudges Japan D23*

Very true. Painfully true. Too true 4 u. And me. I am gonna screw myself over with kh3 haha

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Eh, I already know that serious challenge created by solid balancing was wishful thinking. My actual expectations for the game are the same for all the others: the same core combat, Disney nostalgia, good story, great music. And so far, each game I've played has delivered.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Eh, I already know that serious challenge created by solid balancing was wishful thinking. My actual expectations for the game are the same for all the others: the same core combat, Disney nostalgia, good story, great music. And so far, each game I've played has delivered.

Basically the same. Everything else is just a bonus and wishful thinking.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Honestly if we could START the game with a classic Dive into the Heart with Sora, just to get some stats and basic gameplay tutorial out of the way, it'd be the best way to start. This is the end of an era, let's ring it in with our boy Sora instead of some other side character. If the game wants to detour and have us play Kairi/Xehanort/Mickey at the beginning, they can be my guest, but I want my first steps to be as Sora.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Honestly if we could START the game with a classic Dive into the Heart with Sora, just to get some stats and basic gameplay tutorial out of the way, it'd be the best way to start. This is the end of an era, let's ring it in with our boy Sora instead of some other side character. If the game wants to detour and have us play Kairi/Xehanort/Mickey at the beginning, they can be my guest, but I want my first steps to be as Sora.

Nomura said the game would begin in an unexpected place so i get thw feeling sora won't be the first playable character.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
We already know that the game is opening up with the conversation between Young Xehanort and Eraqus.

It stands to reason that the entire opening of the game with be during that time period, where important exposition about the Keyblade War, the Foretellers, and Xehanort's Keyblade will be easily delivered.

The real question is whether we play as Eraqus or Xehanort.

My money's on Xehanort.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We already know that the game is opening up with the conversation between Young Xehanort and Eraqus.

It stands to reason that the entire opening of the game with be during that time period, where important exposition about the Keyblade War, the Foretellers, and Xehanort's Keyblade will be easily delivered.

The real question is whether we play as Eraqus or Xehanort.

My money's on Xehanort.

My thoughts exactly. But what will we be fighting? Heartless don't appear in the Realm of Light up until Master Xehanort summons them so that Ventus can try and kill them. Maybe Xehanort's and Eraqus' Master also take the Mark of Mastery in the Realm of Sleep?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
My thoughts exactly. But what will we be fighting? Heartless don't appear in the Realm of Light up until Master Xehanort summons them so that Ventus can try and kill them. Maybe Xehanort's and Eraqus' Master also take the Mark of Mastery in the Realm of Sleep?
I figured it wouldn't be dissimilar to the tutorial in BbS.

No telling how long the segment will be. I'm not exactly expecting another Roxas.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I figured it wouldn't be dissimilar to the tutorial in BbS.

No telling how long the segment will be. I'm not exactly expecting another Roxas.

That would be a waste of a tutorial lmao

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
My thoughts exactly. But what will we be fighting? Heartless don't appear in the Realm of Light up until Master Xehanort summons them so that Ventus can try and kill them.
Simple: we could encounter Heartless while doing a Dive Into the Heart. Numbered titles always have a Dive Into the Heart at some point in their prologues. And even if they were both really slow-paced, I prefer a tutorial in that eerie setting over a nonthreatening place like Twilight Town or the Land of Departure.

silentmusic16

Simple: we could encounter Heartless while doing a Dive Into the Heart.

This could definitely work whether it ends up being Xehanort or Kairi.

In fact, we've yet to see a Dive to the Heart from anyone who wasn't connected to Sora yet (IIRC - I forget if we saw Terra or Aqua's). I'm still all for starting as Kairi (and hopefully revisiting her over the course of the game), and seeing her DttH would be interesting. Seeing anyone else's would be cool, even though they're all probably similar.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I like the idea of Dive to the Heart. Maybe Xehanort's Dive to the Heart could hint of something about the Foretellers, the Sixth Apprentice and the Master of Masters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back