• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think this game's Final Mix will be DLC?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
With way DLC has been going do you think kh3 final mix may just be an DLC expansion pack? Or like street fighter 4 it'll have a disc based version but if someone didn't want to buy the game again it'll be a DLC pack?

wwinterj

Re: Do you think this game's final mix will be DLC?

I think we will get DLC but no point in having a 'finial mix' these days.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I don't think the game to needs a "Final Mix" in this day and age. Everything should be on the disc this time around with no exclusions from the main story. I wouldn't be opposed to additional stuff being available for DLC, as long as those things are not key to the story. I actually would love if DLC featured in the game were things such as "flashback missions" where we get to play past events that we never got to really see or play in HD (Roxas vs. Riku, Riku/Mickey in realm of darkness, Xehanort escaping Destiny Islands etc).

wwinterj

If that were true, Definitive Editions and GOTY versions of games wouldn't exist.

Obviously from a business prospective that would mean more sales and that would mean more money but that depends how much DLC a game has as to if it's worth bringing out a complete edition that's just the base game with the DLC. Back in the day a 'final mix' version of a game was the only way to get more content to people. It was more special. These days it costs less and is more easy just to make said content DLC being as the content isn't that much in a 'final mix' version. If the game has substantial DLC then I'll agree it's worth bringing out a complete version or whatever they decide to call it but based on past Final Mix versions of the games it won't be so thus I stand by what I said. No point in a final mix version these days.

Pestilence

Awards
I'd rather avoid the DLC scourge.

I'd love some good episodic DLC for anothe playable characters(Riku, Kairi, Lea, whatever). 20$/€, 10 hourish, instead of cluttering the main game with multiple PCs.

I very much doubt Final Mix will happen in the way it has in the past. Digital distribution of extra content makes more money. They of course could do another disc release with the DLC included.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'd rather avoid the DLC scourge.
This right here.

If we had to have DLC, I'd like it if it was handled like the DLC for Skyrim; the game should have a complete and satisfying narrative by itself, without any DLC. The extra stuff should be just that- extra stuff, non-essential to the plot. The last thing we need is another situation like in KHII, where all the important plot stuff happens in cutscenes that aren't even included in the original game.

Although now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind if they released the foreshadowy, mysterious bonus boss as DLC later on. Paying up about 5 to 15 dollars would be preferable to having to shell out another $40 for a new copy of the game you already own.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

If that were true, Definitive Editions and GOTY versions of games wouldn't exist.
Wait aren't those editions just the game with a code in the box for DLC?

I know my Uncharted 3 GOTY edition was.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'd love it, because KH1 FM and KH2 FM brought a lot of fun and new shit to discover on a new playthrough. Alternate colored heartless are neat as well, but I wish it were an option. (rip trickmaster's superior vanilla coloring)

If there's a ton of new shit they add, I could easily see myself buying it for 20-30 buckaroons

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wait aren't those editions just the game with a code in the box for DLC?

I know my Uncharted 3 GOTY edition was.

Yes (sometimes it is on disk and may also have new content), and if Final Mix content became DLC, then of course they'd release a Final Mix version because it'd essentially be a GOTY/Definitive edition.

wwinterj

Since Birth by Sleep Final Mix what complete version has Square ever brought out? I'm struggling to think of one since then.

Kaijuguy19

I would be content with just DLC that adds more optional missions like secret bosses.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think KINGDOM HEARTS III will have downloadable-content, but not to the extent of affecting the plot in terms of adding new elements or expanding on already established points. Assuming KHIII will have a sort of hub where you can battle previous beaten bosses, it's possible that place might benefit from DLC by adding new optional bosses.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think KINGDOM HEARTS III will have downloadable-content, but not to the extent of affecting the plot in terms of adding new elements or expanding on already established points. Assuming KHIII will have a sort of hub where you can battle previous beaten bosses, it's possible that place might benefit from DLC by adding new optional bosses.

That can work especially well if/when Square realizes where they want to go down the line with KH IV and they put bosses that allude to the next villain in there as DLC. It can also work as promotional stuff for DISNEY where they put good/bad guys from new movies or whatever in that battle hub.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That can work especially well if/when Square realizes where they want to go down the line with KH IV and they put bosses that allude to the next villain in there as DLC. It can also work as promotional stuff for DISNEY where they put good/bad guys from new movies or whatever in that battle hub.

My thoughts exactly. They could utilize KH3 DLC as a means to hint towards the future of Kingdom Hearts by giving DLC bosses related to KHIV and cutscenes if they want.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Loving the idea of having optional bosses in the DLC. This could be where we'd get bosses like Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, the other Titans, hopefully Frollo, etc. Maybe past Disney bosses like Scar and Ursula. Just like an extra downloadable tournament, with new Keyblades. You know you want an official Lightsaber Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back