• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think DDD HD will fix the framerate issues that the original had?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
every post by launchpad is a treasure, can i get an amen?

Hirokey123

Awards
If you look at the game's internal data it's not the system that was the problem. The problem is the way they made the game itself was backwards and bordering on shoddy. Instead of create a new engine for DDD for the 3DS they ported the PSP engine of BBS (which is also why DDD trailer models can be found in BBS's coding) and modified it for the 3DS. That alone wouldn't have caused the issue it's what came next that causes the issues and that's that they didn't actually properly optimize the game to run on the 3DS. To put it simply DDD isn't using the full power of the system it's using a borked engine, one that was optimized for a weaker system. So while DDD was capable of having more enemies on screen and improved particle/lighting effects than BBS it wasn't able to show was it was really capable of because they didn't take the time to ensure it would run smoothly, that's what manifested as frame rate drops. So it's not the system's fault at all it's the poor way the game was put together on a technical level.

In addition they were rushed when they put DDD together and while I can't remember the specifics they basically developed DDD in a backwards way, and I don't mean that an insult I mean it was literally built the reverse of how you normally build a game. That's why DDD has more glitches than a normal KH game. Of course those glitches could have been then manually taken care of so it's not like it was inherently wrong to build the game the way they did....but then they didn't take care of them for some reason. Or more likely there were vasts amounts of glitches they did take care of and only the inconsistent or hard to notice ones slipped by.

So really as long as they properly optimize the game this time the frame rate issues should be gone.

Dark Drive

Awards
I don't think I've ever quite had much noticeable issues with 3D in all my time speedrunning it, but certainly any kind of frame rate issues is a 3DS thing. Most games barely go past 30fps iirc. My only glitch with 3D however, was after completing a specific forced fight in Country of the Musketeers, I couldn't leave the area, as in, the game thought there was still a dream eater left in the area, which there wasn't. Ruined a good pace run, too.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I didn't find the framerate-drops too bad. :x Or rather, I'm bad at seeing that kind of stuff.

Hirokey123

Awards
the Drop system is soo annoying specially when you fight bosses

Erm not to sound rude but you kinda have to play extremely poorly against a boss for it to be an issue as the base default gauge is around 20 minutes. (give or take a few depending on how high your multiplier is but the multiplier will only be really high if you got hit with a lot of sleep attacks...which at that point it's kinda your bad for not fixing it) Otherwise you'd have to have gone in with a gauge under half to actually be in danger of dropping, and with how ridiculously hard the bosses hit it's still more likely that you'd die before that becomes an issue. It's rare for any one boss fight in this series to be pushing the 8 minute mark. If you're taking much longer than that you're not playing very well and dropping is the way the game to punishes you, it's outright a secondary way for the game to say "you lost" that's why some bosses have sleep attacks.

Though more to the point if you're letting the drop gauge in it of itself make you feel rushed as if you're on a timer then that's not actually playing well either. In the early game you can't do anything about it but once you start getting drop-me-nots, wake-up block, slow drop gauge bonuses, sleep block, break time, etc...you can control the gauge pretty freely and should only be dropping when you want to drop.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Erm not to sound rude but you kinda have to play extremely poorly against a boss for it to be an issue as the base default gauge is around 20 minutes. (give or take a few depending on how high your multiplier is but the multiplier will only be really high if you got hit with a lot of sleep attacks...which at that point it's kinda your bad for not fixing it) Otherwise you'd have to have gone in with a gauge under half to actually be in danger of dropping, and with how ridiculously hard the bosses hit it's still more likely that you'd die before that becomes an issue. It's rare for any one boss fight in this series to be pushing the 8 minute mark. If you're taking much longer than that you're not playing very well and dropping is the way the game to punishes you, it's outright a secondary way for the game to say "you lost" that's why some bosses have sleep attacks.

Though more to the point if you're letting the drop gauge in it of itself make you feel rushed as if you're on a timer then that's not actually playing well either. In the early game you can't do anything about it but once you start getting drop-me-nots, wake-up block, slow drop gauge bonuses, sleep block, break time, etc...you can control the gauge pretty freely and should only be dropping when you want to drop.

I tihnk you said it best. Plus I beat 3d only a week ago and I only dropped during Dream Eater Battles, but I had ways to extend my playtime as Sora or Riku and then drop into one of them. Plus, I always bought Drop me nots the same way I buy potions, a lot. it was only my bad skills and first time playing on Proud I lost to those llike the final bosses. and on Drea Eater Bodss but again, low levels and Proud mode.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly, it will be kinda shameful for Square if this game is not 1080p, 60fps, though not surprising. It's a PS2 game graphically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back