• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think DDD HD will fix the framerate issues that the original had?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilford111

Awards
Honestly, my biggest issue with Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS was the insufferable amount of framerate drops the game had throughout. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way I do, or if I'm just picky, but what I'm really hoping is that they get rid of them for the HD rerelease.

Does the development studio acknowledge that the game has framerate issues, and are they going to fix them?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I have no idea what you're talking about. The game never looked horrible to me while I was playing. I'm sure that whatever you're talking about will get cleaned up for a HD PS4 release. Unlike those older games, the data for KH3D is still around so it will be easier for them to go in and fix the issues.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Framerate drops can probably be attributed to the 3DS system, especially when the 3D is on. It doesn't really get bad unless there is a lot of chaos and action at once. Really, compared to the Pokemon games, DDD's framerate issues aren't so bad. With Pokemon, framerate drops drastically the moment you turn the 3D on, and it's not even very good 3D.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What do you all mean by frame rate? I never see any change in the gameplay ever (although maybe it's because I never played the game with 3D on).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Honestly, my biggest issue with Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS was the insufferable amount of framerate drops the game had throughout. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way I do, or if I'm just picky, but what I'm really hoping is that they get rid of them for the HD rerelease.

Does the development studio acknowledge that the game has framerate issues, and are they going to fix them?

Hmm, I too had a few framerate issues with the game. I think they occur when you have been playing the game for a long time, and also in some of the larger areas with many enemies. It did not bother me that much in the end.
I am confident that those issues will be resolved with the HD upgrade, all thou 2.5 had some issues too. Maybe with PS4 data install(I read somewhere that all PS4 games have to be installed) this problem will be solved. :)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Wow ok that sounds like a faulty game or 3DS. The game can have frame rate issues in some areas that have a lot of Dream Eaters but an insufferable amount sounds weird. If its a constant issue try figuring what's happening in the game and I'll help you find out if its the game or not.

As for durability I played DDD on an 6 hour flight and had no frame rate issue.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
almost definitely. if the 3DS can run the game almost completely smooth, the PS4 should pull it off immaculately.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Speaking of things to fix, I really hope they fix that annoying Link Portal glitch/bug where Riku suddenly has Sora's portals and vice versa.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Speaking of things to fix, I really hope they fix that annoying Link Portal glitch/bug where Riku suddenly has Sora's portals and vice versa.

^This!

That bug transformed the hunt for The End of Pain a really annoying. I spent literally weeks to get some sense to the order of the portals, and after many tires I finally got it. Only for Riku thou since it was such a drag that I did not even dare to try the same thing again with Sora.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this game had a lot of bugs, didn't it? how come i never experienced any?

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I think it'd be stranger if the framerate issues weren't fixed. Said framerate issues are most likely due to the system itself, rather than the game; I imagine they might be improved on the New 3DS systems, but I can't say for sure. The frame drops are definitely there, but mainly when there's a lot going on on-screen, such as Xehanort's ice attack that surrounds you. Similar stuff happens in Birth by Sleep with stuff like Mega-Flare.

Although, to take examples from 1.5 and II.5, at 1080p the numbered titles actually develop more framerate issues than the originals, rather than fix them; never understood why that happens, but that's not the point here. :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^This!

That bug transformed the hunt for The End of Pain a really annoying. I spent literally weeks to get some sense to the order of the portals, and after many tires I finally got it. Only for Riku thou since it was such a drag that I did not even dare to try the same thing again with Sora.

There was a certain, sure-fire way to "undo" that bug in order to still being able to get that Keyblade I remember, although it did result in quite some bothersome extra work.
That's why I hope they will fix it for the HD Remaster.

this game had a lot of bugs, didn't it? how come i never experienced any?

The Portal-bug was actually the only one I had in my own playthroughs, lol.
Perhaps you were just lucky?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think it'd be stranger if the framerate issues weren't fixed. Said framerate issues are most likely due to the system itself, rather than the game; I imagine they might be improved on the New 3DS systems, but I can't say for sure. The frame drops are definitely there, but mainly when there's a lot going on on-screen, such as Xehanort's ice attack that surrounds you. Similar stuff happens in Birth by Sleep with stuff like Mega-Flare.

Although, to take examples from 1.5 and II.5, at 1080p the numbered titles actually develop more framerate issues than they do fix them; never understood why that happens, but that's not the point here. :p
results of ps3 framework and disc data no loading like it should. if they were downloads there would probably be mostly gone.

Pandymint

Awards
I think it'd be stranger if the framerate issues weren't fixed. Said framerate issues are most likely due to the system itself, rather than the game; I imagine they might be improved on the New 3DS systems, but I can't say for sure.

I first played 3D on a 2DS until I upgraded to a New 3DS. I had several small framerate issues, but they don't happen so much with the N3DS. Seems like that processor really helps.

Wilford111

Awards
Maybe I worded it wrong, but this game definitely has framerate issues. If you don't believe me, just go to the twisty tube thing in Prankster's Paradise. The game suddenly runs at a buttery smooth 60 frames per second, and I can't help but think the entire game was supposed to run like this. Everywhere else it runs at 30 or less.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Eh, it's not like I ever had very high standards for framerate to begin with. Til it drops down to something like a laggy online server (which it never did), I'm not too bothered by it. N3DS more or less eliminated any lag that I did notice before, so I'm thinking most of the issues came from running a fairly high-quality game on an inadequate system.

Either you had a faulty system or game, or you're just more sensitive to framerate issues than I.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Eh, it's not like I ever had very high standards for framerate to begin with. Til it drops down to something like a laggy online server (which it never did), I'm not too bothered by it. N3DS more or less eliminated any lag that I did notice before, so I'm thinking most of the issues came from running a fairly high-quality game on an inadequate system.

Either you had a faulty system or game, or you're just more sensitive to framerate issues than I.

Yeah the 3Ds might be great but its not that powerful so frame rates should be expected from big games. His word choice made it sound like it was a constant issue and took away from the enjoyment which made me believe there was something wrong with his game/device.

To clarify we're not saying the game doesn't suffer from it but to say that its teeming with it sounds serious.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
square can fix DDD's framerate issues, but can they stop liberal nincompoops from taking my guns away????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back