• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happened at the end?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

We see Xion looks like Sora. Why is this? Why does she attack Roxas? It really confused me because she seemed so out of character and what was her death for? I thought Namine needed her. But she was returned to the castle so how could the memories have been returned? I'm really confused about all this.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ooh boy... Talkin' about Days? You beckon the haters...

Xion looks like Sora at the end because it's what she was intended to look like. Originally, she was supposed to be an exact replica of Sora. Of course, complications happened, memories started going everywhere, and she started identifying as female...

There are two interpretations on why she attacked Roxas. One is that Xemnas did something to her to restore her back to "factory settings"- sole purpose in mind was to become a Sora clone, and if it meant killing Roxas, whatever. The other (and more popular) idea is that it was Suicide By Cop; Xion kept her free will, knew that her existence would eventually kill Roxas, and so pretended to go all axe-crazy in order to force Roxas to kill her. I know that the manga goes with idea number two.

Namine just needed those memories that Xion had managed to weave into her own identity. Having Xion die conveniently released those memories, so it worked out in the end.

Wilford111

Awards
I thought the second idea was canon. And since the manga uses it, doesn't that prove it? Is the manga canon?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I thought the second idea was canon. And since the manga uses it, doesn't that prove it? Is the manga canon?
Haha heck no. The manga's something of an AU (alternate universe), although there are times when I wish it was official canon. As far as I can tell, canon breaks down something like "Nomura's word > games themselves > novelizations >>>>>> manga/headcanons/other"

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

It can be canon as long as it doesn't contradict anything and doesn't add anything radical or conflicting. Its better to treat it as a different tier canon, so its canon in its own canon.

To put it simply, Xion was supposed to be Sora V2 and she almost reached that form(All she needed was Roxas). As for the attack it can be 3 things:

• Xemnas did something to her after Axel retrieved her.
  • Xion knew that they couldn't coexist with the current situation and had to act, forcing Roxas to kill her.
  • Both?

OkaruAudo

But how did she get out of the grasp of the Organization? Or dod they plan for her to fight Roxas? And how come Riku heard her voice and why did she wanna stop him? Is this game supposed to be confusing? Lmao

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
But how did she get out of the grasp of the Organization?

One of the many mysteries of Kingdom Hearts. We have no actual confirmed idea. The manga had her smash out and run before they could soft-reset her, so I guess you could go with that.

Or did they plan for her to fight Roxas?
Yeah, that was the end goal. They even set up a showdown before Roxas decided to hightail it. I think it was that one mission where the two thought the other was a Heartless, and Axel had to intervene before they killed eachother.

And how come Riku heard her voice and why did she wanna stop him?
I really don't know. Ha, she's the one who told Roxas to set Kingdom Hearts free in the first place, so it's her fault that he was on a suicide mission to begin with!

Is this game supposed to be confusing? Lmao
*sigh* Most people on here would say yes. I liked it, but it does have a lot of bad writing, I'll admit... >_>

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
But how did she get out of the grasp of the Organization? Or dod they plan for her to fight Roxas? And how come Riku heard her voice and why did she wanna stop him? Is this game supposed to be confusing? Lmao

Apparently its not that hard to escape, getting inside the castle is the tricky part and even then that proves easy for many. Org. 13 only needed 1 so they pitted both of them in a mission in Halloween Town where they were tasked in slaying an Orcus Heartless. In the end they decided that Xion was the better candidate and made machines to speed/power up the memory process.

In KH some characters can apparently speak to others through projection or telepathy like King Mickey. Xion doing it its not completely out of the realm of possibility.

As for the last day, Xion wanted for Roxas to set things right, but not in the manner that he tried. Roxas was "emotionally compromised" and was going to make everything worse by storming back to the castle. I guess Xion hoped for Roxas to find answers and Namine instead of going gung ho on Riku.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Riku could hear Xion because she was speaking to him through the Oblivion Keyblade. Xion was influencing Roxas at the Memory Skyscraper and threw the Keyblade to Riku to jog his memory of her.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Haha, in a fantasy setting, you need to take "no longer existent" with a grain of salt. I guess I've seen weird stuff like characters getting revived in spite of their existence getting retconned by a Grandfather Paradox, so Xion talking in people's heads is hardly the weirdest case I've ever seen.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Xion exists inside Roxas and then inside Sora. She has that whole little monologue at the end of the game.

Is this your first playthrough of the series? Because honestly, it only gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back