• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Final Fantasy game(s) are you currently playing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Almost the same goes for me. Finished VII a while ago and started playing IX again. I really love this game, even though the loading times are absurd...
And I already got sick of XIII-2 again...I really never liked this game much...

Scorseselover

I FINALLY got VII in the mail a couple days ago and so far I'm enjoying it but...can someone please tell me why everyone loves Cloud?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I FINALLY got VII in the mail a couple days ago and so far I'm enjoying it but...can someone please tell me why everyone loves Cloud?
I am just as curious as you are. Only 10 minutes in this slow FFVII emulator, and I personally can't tell why people love Cloud.

Scorseselover

I am just as curious as you are. Only 10 minutes in this slow FFVII emulator, and I personally can't tell why people love Cloud.

IKR. How does constantly brooding throughout the majority of the game make you the best character of the entire series? If anyone I think Zidane is the best character so far

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Why does Cloud get so much love? Simple: there's nostalgia, he's iconic, and he swings around a big freakin' kitchen cleaver like a pro. And Omnislash is a pretty cool-sounding attack.

That's just what I've observed.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well, Clouds personality changes quite a bit from the beginning. At first he is kinda cold and rude, but he softens quite a bit as the story goes forward. I liked him really much when I played VII the first time two years ago. He is sassy but also a rather humane, and you´r gonna learn some interesting things about him and his past as the story goes forward.

Scorseselover

Starting to like Cloud a little more when he's with Aeris. Though I personally ship him with Tifa considering that they're childhood friends, but he's developing a good friendship with Aeris so far...too bad I won't be able to feel sad when a certain scene will happen. Thanks a lot Internet!

HugoDipper

I'm playing Final Fantasy I and I'm heading to the Marsh Caves. I forgot about how hard is the game and how annoying is Poison :p

My team is a Monk, Warrior, White Mage and Black Mage.

Bobjam

Awards
I recently started replaying XIII having not played it since I last completed it 5 years ago and everything that I loved and didn't like about it before came back to me so quickly. 7 hours later through my play-through I definitely feel the linearity of the game more than before which obviously isn't one of its strong points but the my god the music, the visuals of the environments and characters, the intense paradigm switching. It may not be a favourite among many but I am going to happily complete this again and enjoy every minute of it ^^

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Playing deeper into the game, Cloud is not so bad, but I don't have too much love for him.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I didn't understand the love for him because he felt neutral to me at the beginning, but he's fine now.
He is not my choice either although my type of characters are cold hearted anti social protagonists. Maybe because he is so popular and that reflected negative.
Cloud wasn't the anti-social type, even at the beginning.

Pandymint

Awards
Personally I like Cloud more than Squall, even at an objective stand point. But, I mean, I did write a sort of article explaining why the hate of him being so brooding in Advent Children is silly. In terms of Protags, I liked Tidus once I got over him being whiney and realized he wasn't exactly wrong for doing that either. Squall... I don't know about Squall. Imagine if VIII followed Seifer.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Only 7 hours in FFVIII so I can't judge Squall too much, but I didn't like his attitude at the beginning.

Kreiss

Squall is anti social cold type of a character. Lone wolf, caring only for himself. I prefer his style, but I like Tidus too who is a complete opposite of Squall's characteristics. Anyway FF8 is a great game and till the date having a best leveling up system in JRPG universe.

Wander

Ugh, Squall and Cloud was when Final Fantasy was in its "edgy" phase. Tried to make the protags so "badass" and edgy that they ended up being unrelatable and uninteresting (applies to pretty much the whole cast in VII also). Squall in particular was horribad. Completely my opinion.

But then we got Zidane and all was forgiven.

Kaneki

I play FFXIV weekly of course, I've been coming back to the XV demo when I'm bored (here and there kind of thing) but I am planning to start playing 4 again either on my psp or I will get it off steam I believe if the steam one is still in the 16 bit style , I'm not too fond of the remake of 4's look

Back