• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think the panel system can be improved?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
I know it's hated, it's a fact of one of Days greatest haters, but I felt the panel system was a good but albeit handled poorly idea. It was entirely hampered but the shit leveling panel idea. Your level panels took all of your space by the end.
I think it would've been much better had Days had traditional leveling.

Do any you have other ideas on how t could be better? Perhaps seeing a better version in a future game?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I kind of enjoyed the panel system, personally. It was satisfying to organize everything optimally, like a jigsaw puzzle. I guess if you removed just the leveling panels but otherwise kept the system the same, less people would complain about it.

To be honest though, it's not like there was a lot of other worthwhile stuff to fill in the panel space. You had Keyblade upgrades, abilities (most of which occupied only about one to three spaces), and... yeah, that's about it. Everything else just gets filled in with items and magic, usually more of the former, because magic is admittedly absolute shit in that game.

Emperor

The cluttering of level panels was what put me off to the system. I didn't see the point of taking away traditional leveling just to put in level panels and their multipliers. I probably would have liked it more if they had kept to traditional leveling and left the panel system for all the other shenanigans, though.

Venx

I love traditional leveling, but since Days is not a open world game and you do only missions, the panelsystem was a good idea for a new and different gameexperience. You can hate or love it, but I don't think it makes the game much worse or better.

Antar

Awards
The panels was one of the best new features of KH. It's a shame it has never been used again. The level up panels were actually really important since they allowed you to adjust your level anytime. They also at some points gave you the choice between a higher level or some other extra panels. If they took out the level panels there would have been too many slots which would have been too easy, but then if they took out level panels AND reduced the amount of slots you have: what would that accomplish? All it would do is take away the feature of modifying your level at any time.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Its a mixed bag for me. Looking back on it, the gameplay didn't feel casual to me. Every panel mattered, that one Ether and/or spell could have made all the difference in the mission, and that in itself is a good and bad thing.

The game itself knew that the missions were hard, that's why they gave you hints(or blatantly told you) in mission reports and enemy profiles. If you played with the same panel layout in every mission, you were sure to have a harder time than customizing it specifically to the world's missions. Good idea implemented badly.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I wouldn't mind if the panel system were to return. I even sort of enjoyed it some, and I do admit that it allowed for the most kind of "player feedback designing"--as I'm calling it--for any of the KH games.

So, yeah: if it was improved (with some of the ideas you guys posted above), I'd be completely behind it.

Though to be honest, I think I'd prefer something akin to the Circuit System in Coded more. Actually, if they could somehow combine the two, it would be even better. Have about as much freedom as the panel system gave you, but give off some of the rewards (like having things increase even more, if you have them all in a row, or close to a certain boost) and maybe even the cheats that the Circuit System had.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
One way to certainly improve the Panel system without actually having to change it is either a) adding more room or b) make the Level Panels take up less room.
Then again, the Stat Matrix from Re: Coded almost looks like an already improved version of the Panel System mixed with FF X's Sphere board.

Antar

Awards
One way to certainly improve the Panel system without actually having to change it is either a) adding more room or b) make the Level Panels take up less room.

That would just make the game easy. You'd have too much space so you'd be able to bring too much magic and items and not think about what you need to bring for the mission.

Sadly, not many people understand the design of the game it seems. Absent seems to get it. You just have to play smart.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The panels was one of the best new features of KH. It's a shame it has never been used again. The level up panels were actually really important since they allowed you to adjust your level anytime. They also at some points gave you the choice between a higher level or some other extra panels. If they took out the level panels there would have been too many slots which would have been too easy, but then if they took out level panels AND reduced the amount of slots you have: what would that accomplish? All it would do is take away the feature of modifying your level at any time.

They could have made levels work on a scalar system similar to TWEWY where you can move your level up and down to what you wanted it to be (of course only to the highest level you've obtained), and also reduced the amount of panel space you could work with as to keep it from being too easy.

Antar

Awards
They could have made levels work on a scalar system similar to TWEWY where you can move your level up and down to what you wanted it to be (of course only to the highest level you've obtained), and also reduced the amount of panel space you could work with as to keep it from being too easy.

But then that wouldn't really accomplish anything. That's like taking a fraction 4/4, and reducing both numbers once to 3/3; it's the same exact thing. Maybe the only thing it would change is it would make the panel system less interesting, since you wouldn't have to decide whether you want more items/magic/abilities or a higher level. They could remove lvl panels and decrease slots while compensating with a level adjust slider, but that would achieve almost the same thing, except with a few design negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back