• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Playing as Org.13 characters in Pathfinder.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScytheSong

As of late, I have been attempting to translate Organization 13 into playable characters. I am currently playing Vexen. I built him as a NE Vivisector (alchemist archetype) who uses an ice shield as his main weapon. He serves as a tactical front-line, and doctor, for a price. I was thinking of subbing him into a magic class for ice spells, but independant study also crossed my mind. I have a few ideas for some of the others, but I'd like to hear input from everyone. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't think very many people here are familiar with the Pathfinder system/setting. Just about everyone here is predominantly a creative-writing style roleplayer, as opposed to a pen-and-paper player, so I'm not sure how much luck you'll have here, but I hope you find something useful all the same.

ScytheSong

So I've noticed. Thank you for your polite reply. Thoughtful posts are few and far between. I am hesitant to ask on a Pathfinder forum due to the egregious amounts of bashing that would ensue. My patience is well-honed and I shall continue to wait here for a while more.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey ScytheSong, I have to agree with Orion D: This section is pretty much only for creative writing-style roleplaying, so I'm not sure if anyone here will have any ideas to help you out. It might be better to ask in the general discussion section, but I'm honestly not sure if that's a better place to ask a question like this.

If you want, I can leave this thread here for now to see if anyone can help you out, but if not, then I can move the thread to general discussion and see how that goes. I'm sorry about that!! Hopefully someone can help you some ideas D:

ScytheSong

I was torn between posting this here or in General Discussions. I think moving this would be a good idea. I thank you and apologize for the inconvenience. : )

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
As of late, I have been attempting to translate Organization 13 into playable characters. I am currently playing Vexen. I built him as a NE Vivisector (alchemist archetype) who uses an ice shield as his main weapon. He serves as a tactical front-line, and doctor, for a price. I was thinking of subbing him into a magic class for ice spells, but independant study also crossed my mind. I have a few ideas for some of the others, but I'd like to hear input from everyone. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Not as familiar with Pathfinder, but your Vexen idea makes sense. Will read through some Pathfinder material over the weekend; I'm more familiar with D&D (3.5-4e). You'd probably want to pick up some basic ice spells, or have his ice shield carry charges of certain ice spells with an encounter/rest/daily cooldowns (you wouldn't make a level 10 spell have an encounter cooldown, instead it'd be a daily), depending on their level/usefulness (he's always been more into memory and research than his own element; Ice just reflects his cold and intellectual demeanor in relation to the other Org members). Tactical front-line doesn't really suit Vexen's personality in CoM; he's more likely to be second line than first (if he isn't sitting with the ranged, he's the type who doesn't like getting his hands dirty, note the battle(s) he has with Sora and Riku in CoM). If you go the doctor route, he ought to have the equivalent of something like Knowledge: Healing; Knowledge: Psychology, Focus:Memory.

Give him an eerie passive of always remembering everything he reads/talks with the other Org members, but that would either destroy your hand from all the writing, or would be up to the GM/DM depending on circumstances. Neutral Evil seems the extent of his brutality RP-wise; you could play him Lawful Neutral for a slightly better twist (as he likes to be in control of what he's doing, prefers order to chaos, hates doing things outside the norm and opposes Marluxia's attempt to overthrow Xemnas in CoM via controlling Namine and Sora - Vexen, Zexion and Lexaeus (sp?) use Riku in a similar fashion though after finding him ascending from the bowels of Castle Oblivion).

Last edited:

ScytheSong

He's been on the front line to shove potions down ally's throats and and utilize the sneak attack/flanking bonus damage that vivisectors get, out of necessity. (The damage works like a rogue's and replaces bombs.) At 3rd level, vivisectors use knowledge nature for all heal checks and related things. My group has horrid tactics and decided to all be "Squishy" classes. That in itself is not so bad, the Wizard dumping constitution is. The only other melee guy I can flank with is hyper all of the time and hard to talk to. Roleplay wise, I try to diplomacy my way out of most things, one guy is a quiet trickster who choses the most inoppertune times to prank. (Wizard with no Con.) Another guy who is close to being kicked out for being a jerk. (Undead Sorceror who charged a Barbarian and Fighter) A dude who wants to take over everything and aggro monsers that are stronger than us. (Missed a few sessions but otherwise kinda uses tactics) and finally, the other guy I can flank with. It is hard to get a word in at all. My character would prefer staying out of combat and researching new spells, but gets dragged along. My husband is a fair but brutal GM and splitting the party has lead to many humorous and swift TPKs. I personally have trouble playing Lawful alignments. Though I am having fun playing him, he is stressed from being around what he percieves as lessers. I have never lost a character by my own doing. It usually results from in-fighting, 80% caused by the guy we are about to boot. The memory thing is cool. I will discuss it with my husband. Thank you for your help. : )

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
He's been on the front line to shove potions down ally's throats and and utilize the sneak attack/flanking bonus damage that vivisectors get, out of necessity. (The damage works like a rogue's and replaces bombs.) At 3rd level, vivisectors use knowledge nature for all heal checks and related things. My group has horrid tactics and decided to all be "Squishy" classes. That in itself is not so bad, the Wizard dumping constitution is. The only other melee guy I can flank with is hyper all of the time and hard to talk to. Roleplay wise, I try to diplomacy my way out of most things, one guy is a quiet trickster who choses the most inoppertune times to prank. (Wizard with no Con.) Another guy who is close to being kicked out for being a jerk. (Undead Sorceror who charged a Barbarian and Fighter) A dude who wants to take over everything and aggro monsers that are stronger than us. (Missed a few sessions but otherwise kinda uses tactics) and finally, the other guy I can flank with. It is hard to get a word in at all. My character would prefer staying out of combat and researching new spells, but gets dragged along. My husband is a fair but brutal GM and splitting the party has lead to many humorous and swift TPKs. I personally have trouble playing Lawful alignments. Though I am having fun playing him, he is stressed from being around what he percieves as lessers. I have never lost a character by my own doing. It usually results from in-fighting, 80% caused by the guy we are about to boot. The memory thing is cool. I will discuss it with my husband. Thank you for your help. : )

That's kind of the typical table-top group, I recommend (maybe) r/pathfinder or r/DnD. r/DnD has a lot of Q&As where some players and GMs will ask how to deal with certain situations as what you're describing, you might be able to find browsing those in your spare time worth it, if desired.

Maybe have something like each person rolling a d20 for a round-robin of talking order, and the rest of the party has to at least shut up and listen?

See if the GM will give some breadcrumb XP out for when a player role-plays their character well (don't be a murderhobo and do everything they want just because they're Chaotic Neutral, there has to be a reason and rhyme as to why their characters do things that's at least a little more than "they're evil!") or they get a negative aura that follows their character for being bloodthirsty (attract a malevolent spirit a la Poltergeist, etc, or cause what would have been a quaint village to turn on them completely and burn them at the stake for murderhoboing some random NPC, farmer, or bad guy (who wasn't really a bad guy in their eyes a part from, oh, he just taxes them "too much").

It might make the rogue choose more wisely when to pickpocket, etc; and the others might follow suit as well. It's fun to murderhobo sometimes, but it's more rewarding to just kind of Pavlov people into getting more into their character besides their class (such as the Rogue pickpocketing, etc). Makes for a better session, and better story; they might get more involved beyond murderhoboing, and pay more attention to minor details and etc, and grow as players.

Would recommend to your group maybe trying some crazy ideas, like rolling a sort of Kleptomaniac-Cleric who has Pickpocket and Forgery; he pickpockets people who are well off for his Church/charity to the poor, idk, something fun like that. It's not game breaking or violating much in the way of rules or standards, but the Cleric having Pickpocket provides enough sort of different-ness or uniqueness that opens up to his whole kleptomania problem (like his home/monastery is filled with nothing but a certain kind of perfume set or just piles and piles of the same color of silk from the same weaver/tailor, because he's waiting for the price to go up to sell it off for a restoration of a centuries-old church, etc).

Klepto-Cleric's not really evil, not really entirely super-duper-robo-cop good, he's just a person trying to make and find his way in the world/scheme of things.

Last edited:

ScytheSong

Thank you very much for your help. I will try those sites. The breadcrumb xp worked well for my campaign. My husband is rather fond of the klepto-cleric. Sorry for the choppy post, I found out raw beans are poison AFTER I ate a good handful. I'm fine but I don't feel quite right yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back