• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fears and Phobias

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Does anyone have any deep fears or phobias of anything? For example, ever since I was a kid I have always been arachnaphobic. The sight of large spiders absolutely terrifies me

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I hope nobody laughs, but I am scared of aquatic life and going into the deep end of any body of water such as a pool, an ocean, a lake, and etc. I think my fear of aquatic life, mostly fish stems from the fact that when I was a teenager, my step-grandparents took my half-sister (their granddaughter), their grandson (who was a toddler at the time) and me to the aquarium. I remember seeing a flounder looking up at me and moving it's lips in a very slow motion like fish do. Gee, now I am getting goosebumps. Anyways, the grandson was only scared of the storms while I was freaking out at every sight of the fish and other aquatic life in the aquarium, I was ridiculed about my jumpiness while the grandson was confronted. I mean, a teenager/preteen being scared of a bunch of fish is ridiculous, right? You would expect a little kid to be scared, but a preteen/teenager being scared of a bunch of fish in the aquarium is just pathetic, well that's probably how I interpreted their reactions to my extreme jumpiness.

I also remember walking into the deep end of a pool when I was a little kid and I remember having some phobias of going into the deep end. In my little kid mind, I attributed me going into the deep end to me being so tall and me being able to swim in the deep end of any type of pool. The first belief is rather absurd, but just ignore it. I also watched a lot of supernatural shows like 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' especially the episode 'Dead Man's Float,' which might be why I imagine something grabbing my ankle from the deep end and trying to drown me or seeing some sort of shark that wants to eat me. Sharks can't survive in chlorine that is in the pool, but like a fraidy cat I kept envisioning some giant sea monster trying to eat me from below and I was always on look out.

I remember having nightmares about going to the aquarium and seeing crocodiles coming out of their exhibits while I was a little kid on a field trip in the dream there. I also think I dreamed this up, but I am not sure, but the dream pretty much had me going to some friend of my stepdad's pool. I remember them telling us that there would be this pet fish they had that would come out after they let people out of the pool and they would warn people that if they didn't get out, something bad might happen because of that fish. I remember that fish being a brown silhouette.

Pandymint

Awards
I don't think I have any true, deep-seated phobias, but I tend to get uncomfortable in pitch black darkness. Overactive imagination maybe? But I've also experienced enough paranormal shit to know that I, at least, am never truly alone.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I don't think I have any true, deep-seated phobias, but I tend to get uncomfortable in pitch black darkness. Overactive imagination maybe? But I've also experienced enough paranormal shit to know that I, at least, am never truly alone.

It's normal to be afraid of the dark, especially since you don't know what's in it. I think Riku said a quote about what lurks in the darkness during the Xemnas boss fight in Kingdom Hearts 2.

I am not as quite comfortable in the dark either, especially if it's pitch black darkness. I always seem to keep one light one, because I think my nightmares get worse in pitch black darkness.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Speaking of the dark, something that always psyches me out is the thought that I could walk into a dark room, turn on the lights, and find something really horrible, like a mutilated body or something.

Whether the dark bothers me depends on whether my imagination is in high gear or not. I sleep best when it's pitch-black, but I need the light on when I've got something particularly unnerving on my mind.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Speaking of the dark, something that always psyches me out is the thought that I could walk into a dark room, turn on the lights, and find something really horrible, like a mutilated body or something.

Whether the dark bothers me depends on whether my imagination is in high gear or not. I sleep best when it's pitch-black, but I need the light on when I've got something particularly unnerving on my mind.

Yeah, the truth of what the darkness hides is quite unpredictable and scary once you put it that way. It's a threat to your sense of security and it's probably even scarier if it's a loved one.

I hate pitch darkness, but I also despise what lurks in it.

I think FDR put it best, "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself!"

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
As a kid, I used to have a fear of the dark, but right now, I just have a slight fear of heights.

Pandymint

Awards
As a kid, I used to have a fear of the dark, but right now, I just have a slight fear of heights.

Imagine having that fear and being in a man lift 125 feet in the air with the lift itself bouncing so much while raising and lowering the basket enough to make you come up off your feet. If it wasn't for the fact that that all that was keeping me from falling to my death was a safety harness with a steel hook, man that would have been fun.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Imagine having that fear and being in a man lift 125 feet in the air with the lift itself bouncing so much while raising and lowering the basket enough to make you come up off your feet. If it wasn't for the fact that that all that was keeping me from falling to my death was a safety harness with a steel hook, man that would have been fun.
That's pretty... scary o_O

Pandymint

Awards
Yeah, I'm okay with that. But you know what actual scare me to use because I hate them so much? Fucking A Frame and extension ladders. I'm fine in a man lift or climbing a solidly mounted ladder but get me on a regular old ladder? I hate it with a passion. But of course I end up climbing them a lot.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yeah, I'm okay with that. But you know what actual scare me to use because I hate them so much? Fucking A Frame and extension ladders. I'm fine in a man lift or climbing a solidly mounted ladder but get me on a regular old ladder? I hate it with a passion. But of course I end up climbing them a lot.

I remember being scared of that story my art teacher used to tell us about how she got her thumb cut off by a ladder. I always feared losing any of my appendages.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh, I used to have a huge fear of wasps. Whenever something that looked remotely like one flew by, I'd duck and run in the other direction. For some reason, now I just eye them warily if I see them, and I'll only start moving if they fly way too close.

Heights don't bother me as long as there's railing or something. Just standing on something like an open platform way up in the air... I can do it, but every nerve in my body will keep telling me to get the hell down before I lose my balance and fall to my death.

I know for sure that I'm not afraid of snakes, though. I think they're actually kind of cute.

laddyboy12

I have a major phobia of what I like to call KH 3 fans. They're the people who complain about never getting KH 3 instead of playing the amazing in-between titles.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I have a major phobia of what I like to call KH 3 fans. They're the people who complain about never getting KH 3 instead of playing the amazing in-between titles.
I actually enjoyed this one xD

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Oh, I used to have a huge fear of wasps. Whenever something that looked remotely like one flew by, I'd duck and run in the other direction. For some reason, now I just eye them warily if I see them, and I'll only start moving if they fly way too close.

Heights don't bother me as long as there's railing or something. Just standing on something like an open platform way up in the air... I can do it, but every nerve in my body will keep telling me to get the hell down before I lose my balance and fall to my death.

I know for sure that I'm not afraid of snakes, though. I think they're actually kind of cute.

Snakes, I don't mind, but my mom did. She said she once had a Water Moccasin fall on her while she went swimming in what I can recall was a lake, she also had an encounter with a large black snake that appeared at our front door once and she also said she found a snake in a laundry room. All I can recall was the black snake, which used to live under my stepdad's late grandma's house.

My mom lived there and was involved in a conflict due to her in-laws not letting her buy the house or something like that, plus my stepdad lying to her about owning the house. Anyways, the snake used to be fed by my stepdad's gtandma, but when she died it's source of food gone. My mom's father in law took the snake out to the woods.

Emperor

I remember being scared of that story my art teacher used to tell us about how she got her thumb cut off by a ladder. I always feared losing any of my appendages.

I have this fear too. I always cringe at the thought of mutilation. It would be way too big a change to wake up one morning and see your hand, or some other limb is missing.

Fear of darkness is actually just a humanity seeded fear, like the fear of extinction/death. Everyone gets anxious within it at some point in their lives, so it's not at all weird. Although an overactive imagination can contribute.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I have this fear too. I always cringe at the thought of mutilation. It would be way too big a change to wake up one morning and see your hand, or some other limb is missing.

Fear of darkness is actually just a humanity seeded fear, like the fear of extinction/death. Everyone gets anxious within it at some point in their lives, so it's not at all weird. Although an overactive imagination can contribute.

Yep, an over active imagination makes every fear much worse just look at my fear of the deep end of the pool. I don't know if anyone else thought that something or somebody could grab their ankle from beneath and try to drown them. I used to imagine things swimming around in the pool, trying to eat me.

ambrosiah

I've always had a fear of cockroaches and small spaces. I can stand the sight of roaches, I can't even stand to kill them because the crunch they make gives me the shivers and nausea.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
At the risk of sounding like an attention-seeking twat: fear of being alone. On a permanent basis. I'm trying to deal with a combination of being highly emotional, anxiety issues, only recently diagnosed ADD and a life of mental and emotional abuse. This combination has, in effect, left me socially crippled and despite my best efforts over the last couple of years I still have trouble forming and maintaining connections with people irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back