• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2.8 - How will you start it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What? Latin: unus ("one") cornu ("horn"), Unicornis is the latin word for Unicorn (both in nominative and vocative cases)

Like how Anguis is the latin word of snake, Leopardus for Leopard (by your logic Leopardus is just Leopard with "us" at the end which is 100% wrong), Ursus for Bear, and Vulpes for fox/vulpine.

OK, but that still doesn't help the fact that the majority of people playing will probably think that they just picked the creature and slapped "us" or "is" at the end of the animal name. Clearly I didn't know it was a latin word, but... so? Just because in latin it means the creature it is, does that mean it sounds like a good name? No. It doesn't sound like a good name to me. I will try and not let those horrible names affect my enjoyment of Back Cover, but I just really hope that those characters never ever make it beyond Chi.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
LOL IF the credits show some non-kh3 shit like kh1 and 2 Imma go hog wild

It's gonna be Xion on DI beach, who will slowly rotate around to transform into Sora, then into Riku, then into Xehanort, then into Xemnas and finally Goofy.

It will then say "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts:"

Followed by: "365/Birth By Distance: Coded 0.2 A Fragmentory Back Dream; Drop of Memories/2 Sleeps 3 Unchained Remix Cover HD 2.5 Final Mix, Re: Days*sqrt(Coded) For the Prologue 2.99"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
OK, but that still doesn't help the fact that the majority of people playing will probably think that they just picked the creature and slapped "us" or "is" at the end of the animal name. Clearly I didn't know it was a latin word, but... so? Just because in latin it means the creature it is, does that mean it sounds like a good name? No. It doesn't sound like a good name to me. I will try and not let those horrible names affect my enjoyment of Back Cover, but I just really hope that those characters never ever make it beyond Chi.

It's not like it is their real names. They do have real names that should scale around your ideas of what makes a good name. (Unless you think Ava is a bad name for Vulpes, then idk what to tell you) At least the Latin names are real. Xehanort is a made up name with no meaning unless you unscramble it, and it is a pretentious meaning at that.

lol you make this sound like it was the worst decision ever made. I don't see how you didn't realize they were Latin, though.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's not like it is their real names. They do have real names that should scale around your ideas of what makes a good name. (Unless you think Ava is a bad name for Vulpes, then idk what to tell you) At least the Latin names are real. Xehanort is a made up name with no meaning unless you unscramble it, and it is a pretentious meaning at that.

lol you make this sound like it was the worst decision ever made. I don't see how you didn't realize they were Latin, though.

I never read/spoke anything in Latin?

I didn't know they had real names, but I guess when I play Back Cover I will discover all of that. I think my initial dislike stemmed from me not even liking the idea of Chi and it was just made even worse when I saw a name that I despised (ie Unicornis). I'd rather a cool name like Xehanort that doesn't have a meaning to something that has a meaning but sounds dumb to me.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
In 1.5 I started the games from left to right = KHIFM, Re:Com and then I watched Days. In 2.5 I watched Re:Coded first, then started KH2FM, and BBSFM for the last. For 2.8, I think I am gonna jump straight to BBS:0.2 since I am really curious how it will function and look. Then after that KH: X Back Cover since I also really wanna see all the X stuff with KHIII glorious engine. And for last comes DDD HD. It will be nice to play that game again on a big screen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I never read/spoke anything in Latin?

I didn't know they had real names, but I guess when I play Back Cover I will discover all of that. I think my initial dislike stemmed from me not even liking the idea of Chi and it was just made even worse when I saw a name that I despised (ie Unicornis). I'd rather a cool name like Xehanort that doesn't have a meaning to something that has a meaning but sounds dumb to me.

You didn't learn about root words and stuff in school? English is made up of a ton of loanwords from Latin (28sh%, French (28ish%), and many Germanic languages (24% I think and the rest is like a mix of other stuff like Greek, assumed Arabic origins, and some other stuff), and the Latin alphabet was adopted in like...the 6th century? It is a bit more complex than that because between Anglo-Norman influences and Latin slowly dying out as it was replaced by English, English has a rather strange and complex history...So I'll digress because maybe this stuff isn't as common as I think it is? I do remember this being taught in school, though.

Mm, I can see where you're coming from with that. But yeah, they have real names!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It's gonna be Xion on DI beach, who will slowly rotate around to transform into Sora, then into Riku, then into Xehanort, then into Xemnas and finally Goofy.

It will then say "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts:"

Followed by: "365/Birth By Distance: Coded 0.2 A Fragmentory Back Dream; Drop of Memories/2 Sleeps 3 Unchained Remix Cover HD 2.5 Final Mix, Re: Days*sqrt(Coded) For the Prologue 2.99"
mickey's house of mouse final final prologue

Rael_Oblivion

I'm going to play DDD HD first because I can't wait to see it on my TV! The areas are going to look so big and pretty in HD, and I want to see how they adapted it to play without the 3DS's touchscreen.
The order for 0.2 and Back Cover is going to depend on how far I am in Unchained by that point. Unlike most people here, I haven't played BbS, just watched all the cutscenes and gameplay on Youtube (which is one reason I'm not happy the ReMixes haven't been ported to PS4), so I don't really have super anticipation for 0.2 (and I've heard playing as Aqua can be hard?). But I also don't want to be confused by Back Cover if I haven't gotten very far with Unchained. So I'll probably end up playing 0.2 second and watching Back Cover last.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I'm gonna finally get the chance to play DDD for the first time, so I'm starting there. Once I do that, I'll move on to BBS 0.2, since I love Aqua. And then I'd watch the Chi stuff. Hope it's not as boring as the Days and Coded movies.

With 1.5, I played KHFM first, since I'd always been eager for it - namely for the Xemnas fight. But it became another emotional journey, I was just as scared of End of the World, Chernabog, and the Realm of Darkness now as I was when I first played it; just as emotional when Sora sacrificed himself; just as pumped when Sora finally came to blows with Riku; etc etc. I skipped Re:COM, actually. I like the game, it's fun, but it's long, and I had just ran through Wonderland, Agrabah, etc in KHFM so I wasn't interested in doing it all again in long, tedious worlds and only the reprieve of Organization boss battles in between. Especially in Riku's story. Obviously the main focus was on Riku's arc, but I would've liked to have seen Riku's interactions with the likes of Oogie and the other villains, it would've really developed the council of villains. The scene where Ansem muses on the room Maleficent gave him to stay in touched on it. I quit after finishing Hollow Bastion on the PS2, and never continued after that.

Anyway, then I watched the Days movie, which was actually kinda boring since the cutscenes had poor dialogue, especially compared to the original, lacked scenes with the COM Organization members, the Saix fight, the final Xion fight was glossed over; etc. KHFM was the real meat of 1.5, though I enjoyed the presentation of interesting scenes like Xemnas, Saix and Xigbar's discussions in Days.

For 2.5, I went left to right. Went through KH2FM. Despite the gameplay sucking in comparison to KH1 (namely magic being nerfed and you're not as powerful as you were in 1), the new FM additions were awesome and fun challenges. Then I went to BBS. While I kinda whizzed through Terra's story, by the end of his final fight, I was hooked and actually got into the game, really editing my decks and what not. Once I finished the Final Episode (and before unlocking the Secret Episode), I watched the coded movie and fell asleep. Wow. So. Boring.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Back Cover first for me. If 0.2 is going to lead into KHIII then I have my suspicions that it will also look back at χ[chi]. Also, I just love the story in χ[chi] so I can't wait to get to that new info.

After that, 0.2. I'll probably get through this and Back Cover in the same sitting so it doesn't really matter which is first anyway.

Saving DDD​ for last because it won't be a long wait anyway, and because I've played it already. Unless there's new story content, it can wait.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm surprised in the number of people who choose DDD last, i'd assume 0.2 for last because it's been hyped by the fanbase and is a true taste of III, would make sense to savor it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'll likely start with 3D, then back cover, and finish with 0.2. I may also go with whatever order the collection has them in, assuming it'll be different.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i'm surprised in the number of people who choose DDD last, i'd assume 0.2 for last because it's been hyped by the fanbase and is a true taste of III, would make sense to savor it.

Why would anybody wait when we've been waiting years for BBSv2? Now that we have 0.2, of course people are going to play it first.

Most people here have already played KH3D and know what it is all about so it is a waste of time to play through it first if there are more interesting games to go through.

Nobody has the time to savor anything, anyways. Your average fans is probably in their 20s going to school or working and that means very limited time for gaming, so going through the shortest bits first also makes just more sense anyways.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why would anybody wait when we've been waiting years for BBSv2? Now that we have 0.2, of course people are going to play it first.

Most people here have already played KH3D and know what it is all about so it is a waste of time to play through it first if there are more interesting games to go through.

Nobody has the time to savor anything, anyways. Your average fans is probably in their 20s going to school or working and that means very limited time for gaming, so going through the shortest bits first also makes just more sense anyways.
lol nobody has free time anymore

i'm one of those strange "best for last" people, and i also have hope in extra content for 3DHD *cough*shominamotoclufrollobettermultiplayer*cough*

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
lol nobody has free time anymore

i'm one of those strange "best for last" people, and i also have hope in extra content for 3DHD *cough*shominamotoclufrollobettermultiplayer*cough*
As much as I'd like to battle Frollo and Pi-Face, do we have any reason to believe extra content like that is even possible? This isn't DDD Final Mix, remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back