• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I find the Sleeping World explanation more appealing than the Realm of Darkness stuff personally lol.
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
YOU WON'T HEAR ME SAY
OOH/OHH BA-BY
PLOTHOLE

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I thought the deal with sleeping worlds vs RoD worlds is that when a world is destroyed by darkness, it's brought into the RoD, and then when it's freed, it comes back to the Realm of Light, but some stay trapped in sleep despite not being in the RoD. Cause we know that worlds in the RoD are "sleeping", as in time sort of stops (or at least slows to a crawl) and the world and its inhabitants are in a sort of suspended state until the world is brought back, but then if the world doesn't fully awaken (because... reasons) then it becomes a Sleeping World.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I thought the deal with sleeping worlds vs RoD worlds is that when a world is destroyed by darkness, it's brought into the RoD, and then when it's freed, it comes back to the Realm of Light, but some stay trapped in sleep despite not being in the RoD. Cause we know that worlds in the RoD are "sleeping", as in time sort of stops (or at least slows to a crawl) and the world and its inhabitants are in a sort of suspended state until the world is brought back, but then if the world doesn't fully awaken (because... reasons) then it becomes a Sleeping World.

You're correct. Yen Sid explains it as such:
You'll recall, in your first journey, that you brought many worlds back from the darkness--but some never returned completely. They still sleep, cut off from all outside channels.

There's no mention anywhere that worlds that get destroyed end up in the RoD or become a Sleeping world.
As far as Yen Sid's explanation goes, the sleeping worlds are worlds that were supposed to be restored at the end of KH 1 alongside millions of others, but for some unknown reasons an uncertain amount of them was not restored fully but remaining asleep inside the Realm of Sleep.
To have a visual comparison, it's like gathering all "destroyed" worlds at the end of KH 1 into a basket, run with it into the Realm of Light (probably crossing the Realm of Sleep in the process) and then spill the basket out so each world gets back to were it belongs and is again viewable as a star in the sky.
However, the basket in question is so full that while running with it towards the Realm of Light, some of the worlds tumble out of the basket and fall off to the side without notice, remaining in sleep although they are not in the RoD anymore.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Except the whole premise of the beginning of KH3D was that Sora and Riku had to go back to when Destiny Islands first became a Sleeping World, which suggests that the worlds enter the Realm of Sleep when they are destroyed and it's just that when they were restored at the end of KH1 not ALL of them were actually restored and some stayed there. There's nothing to suggest that a world falls into darkness, ends up in the Realm of Darkness, and then for some reason if it isn't restored it then goes into the Realm of Sleep :/

In fact, aside from Castle of Dream's appearance, there is no real mention of the worlds ever going into the Realm of Darkness.

Unless you're all suggesting that a world, when destroyed, enters both the Realm of Darkness and the Realm of Sleep. Which... eh.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Except the whole premise of the beginning of KH3D was that Sora and Riku had to go back to when Destiny Islands first became a Sleeping World, which suggests that the worlds enter the Realm of Sleep when they are destroyed and it's just that when they were restored at the end of KH1 not ALL of them were actually restored and some stayed there. There's nothing to suggest that a world falls into darkness, ends up in the Realm of Darkness, and then for some reason if it isn't restored it then goes into the Realm of Sleep :/

In fact, aside from Castle of Dream's appearance, there is no real mention of the worlds ever going into the Realm of Darkness.

Unless you're all suggesting that a world, when destroyed, enters both the Realm of Darkness and the Realm of Sleep. Which... eh.

Oh that one?
Well, I guess this can be explained by the fact that worlds have hearts too.
Going by that, I'm further going to claim that the worlds entering both is indeed correct. Worlds enter the Realm of Darkness and the Realm of Sleep, or rather, their physical remains are what end up in the Realm of Darkness while the part of them that actually IS sleeping, their hearts, end up in the Realm of Sleep.

All the sleeping worlds are said to be dreaming and people who weren't present on the world when it was destroyed are "recreated" in the dream by the world's memories. Where are memories mainly stored? In the heart.
The end of Dream Drop Distance even shows us the equivalent of the whole procedure done with a human heart.
Just like Riku and Sora "dived" into each of the sleeping worlds (which was actually a dive into that respective world's sleeping heart), in the finale Riku "dives" into Sora's heart in order to wake it from its sleep.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
But if the heats aren't in the realm of Darkness then what was Ansem's Kingdom Hearts made of?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
But if the heats aren't in the realm of Darkness then what was Ansem's Kingdom Hearts made of?
Remember that hearts in the Realm of Sleep are worlds that got restored post-KH1, but didn't exactly resurface in the Realm of Light. I'm willing to bet that those worlds' hearts didn't fall into slumber until the end of KH1.

I doubt that the physical remains of the worlds could generate the absurd amount of light that blasted Ansem SoD into oblivion. ... Come to think of it, the physical remains of the worlds aren't in the RoD, they're in the End of the World as shattered gummi blocks and sparkle dust.

Perhaps places like the Castle of Dreams in the RoD are something like a Projected Physical Shell. That's the world's heart you see there, but instead of a Station of Awakening to represent it, it generates the very image of the entire world.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't think it really matters consider you're told numerous times that you're actually inhabiting the dreams of fallen worlds. I don't know if they're actually in the realm of sleep to be considered a sleeping world. Especially since you're 1: in the dream and 2: not releasing the worlds keyhole but the sleeping realm's keyholes.

though since the realm of sleep exists outside of time how can anything you do there effect the present? Why would releasing those worlds in the realm of sleep cause them to be restored at the current point of the timeline of they all exist outside of time?

this shit is why I hate 3d's actual plot

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
though since the realm of sleep exists outside of time how can anything you do there effect the present? Why would releasing those worlds in the realm of sleep cause them to be restored at the current point of the timeline of they all exist outside of time?

I don't think they exist outside time, it's just that time flows differently in the Realm of Sleep. Just like in the RoD, the Realm of In-between, and the RoL.

Also, with that logic, why did Ansem's defeat at the end of KH1 restore the worlds? If they were in the RoD, they were in a realm where time flows differently, yet they could be brought back to their proper points in time in the RoL. Why couldn't the same happen for worlds in the RoS?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Also, with that logic, why did Ansem's defeat at the end of KH1 restore the worlds? If they were in the RoD, they were in a realm where time flows differently, yet they could be brought back to their proper points in time in the RoL. Why couldn't the same happen for worlds in the RoS?

Because Dream Drop Distance.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I guess I should have explained this a bit more in-depth, lol.
When I spoke about their hearts being in the Realm of Sleep, I did speak wholly about the spiritual layer of reality, not the actual "heart" being physically stuffed into a different realm.
The actual hearts are likely still in the Realm of Darkness, they just didn't awoke like most of the others after Ansem's forced KH in the first game was undone.
Why they didn't wake up with the others is still a mystery that cannot be answered yet.

I don't think it really matters consider you're told numerous times that you're actually inhabiting the dreams of fallen worlds. I don't know if they're actually in the realm of sleep to be considered a sleeping world. Especially since you're 1: in the dream and 2: not releasing the worlds keyhole but the sleeping realm's keyholes.

this shit is why I hate 3d's actual plot

Exactly, when I said that I didn't mean that the hearts are physically stuffed into the Realm of Sleep.
In fact, I tend to get more into the conviction that the Realm of Sleep is not a physical realm at all but a spiritual one and thus distinct from the Realms of Light, Dark and Between, which is also the reason why it exists outside time and time doesn't flow there at all.
Some may also call such a place limbo or purgatory, but in the end it means to access hearts, regardless if world, human, animal or whatever hearts, which are currently sleeping and thus at the moment "gone" from the physical world where time actually flows.

Every heart seems to have a Keyhole of Sleep/Sleeping Keyhole though as Riku unlocked one on Sora's station of awakening too just like throughout the game the Sleeping Keyholes of worlds were unlocked.
By unlocking seven of them which corresponds to the number of Princesses, one gains the actual power to awaken sleeping hearts by him/herself, which is why Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku to gain that power.

The reason why anything "done" in this realm may effect the "present" is the same as to why Sora awoke at the end of the game when Riku released his heart: All these hearts get awoken and thus return to the physical world. Once a heart gets awoken, it ceases to be outside of time and leaves the "timeless" Realm of Sleep.
Essentially, all the worlds released in DDD had their official Birth by Sleep if you so want.
Joshua talks about it too when he speaks about Neku and the others, their existences having been "brought to an end" and him hoping that by lining up the different pieces of their dreams, he can make them exist again.
This is also a metaphor for restoring and then awakening the hearts of Neku & co, since as Ansem SoD says:
Dreams hold our memories. Sleep holds our dreams. And darkness-- it holds our sleep.
Dreams hold memories, which are in the KH verse not only immortal but also a key ingredient of any heart, Sleep holds those dreams and thus the main pieces of hearts and the sleep itself is held by...Darkness. Which comes around to the claim that the Sleeping worlds are situated in both the Realm of Sleep and the Realm of Darkness being true although not in an literal sense.

Anagram

Banned
I don't think they exist outside time, it's just that time flows differently in the Realm of Sleep.

Yen Sid said:
In the Sleeping Worlds, real time does not flow. Unless one restores the world by waking it from its slumber, it will stay locked in a dream forever.

This is one quote I've seen in many of those old time threads laying around. Not sure which memento scene it's from though.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think they exist outside time, it's just that time flows differently in the Realm of Sleep. Just like in the RoD, the Realm of In-between, and the RoL.

Incognito posted the quote, but I can further extrapolate on this.

When they say that real time in the RoS does not flow, it means that the worlds in the RoS are not moving forward in time but are looping for eternity. Time moves outside of the RoS, but in all essence time is halted in the RoS because nothing can advance. RoS worlds are reliving the moments before their destruction over and over.

So, no time does not flow in the RoS.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ohh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, it's kinda hard to keep every menial detail straight in my head. I still don't see why that would prevent a world from being properly restored into RoL time, but w/e.

Anagram

Banned
Ohh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, it's kinda hard to keep every menial detail straight in my head. I still don't see why that would prevent a world from being properly restored into RoL time, but w/e.
What do you mean? Why it wouldn't immediately return after KH1's ending? Because when woke in DDD they are restored properly. If it's the former then there is no reason, just there so Nomura could have a setting for DDD. =/

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It's still worrying that we know nothing of the PS4 Pro support. No footage either. I am buying a PS4 Pro between now and the release of 2.8. If it's World of Final Fantasy all over again I will be extremely pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back