• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Weddings !

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

noxy

Welp. I never thought I'd get here, but... My boyfriend and I are engaged!

We we don't have a ring yet, and it'll be awhile before I can set a date, but I'm hoping by Spring 2017 we can have our wedding!

So. Are any of y'all married? What was your wedding like?

And if if you aren't married, do you want to? What do you want it to be like?

I really want to have a small ceremony with just close friends and family and then a larger reception.
My colors are going to be yellow, turquoise, and white.. The girls are gonna have turquoise dresses (different styles to fit different body shapes, of course) with yellow belts/sashes and yellow converse sneakers with white and light yellow flowers of some sort. The guys I want to wear grey linen suits, no jackets, with light turquoise button down shirts with the top buttons undone and the sleeves rolled or pushed up to just below the elbow.. No ties or boutonnière and black and white converse sneakers.

Food, I'd like to do Southern (Nashville Hot Chicken, BBQ, etc), Filipino (Lechon, Lumpia, etc), and maybe Mexican/Tex-Mex.

My fiance and I are going to walk into the reception to the battle victory theme from Final Fantasy IX :D

And I also want to have games at my reception- things like horseshoe, corn hole, maybe a trivia game (with teams). And of course, I'll have a corner set up for the kids. I'll ask that parents bring an extra set of comfy play clothes for their children to change into and have an arts and crafts table, another table with games, and so on and so forth. I'm going to make really cool little goody boxes for the kiddos.

And yeah! I'm super excited.

My dress is most definitely going to be strapless.. I really like the White by Vera Wang collection.

ANywho! What about y'all!?

Last edited:

MsKeybladeMaster

You're wedding sounds really nice :D I love the colors you picked. My fiancé and I are shooting for October of next year with a Kingdom Hearts/Disney themed wedding.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You had me at Final Fantasy IX soundtrack music. Girl.

GIRL.
Also comfortable shoes at a wedding sounds like a dream.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Congratulations on getting engaged! Your future wedding preparations sound absolutely lovely! Turquoise, white, and yellow for your own wedding dress is a beautiful combination and makes me think of a spring/summer wedding. OH! And wearing yellow converse shoes sound marvelous! <3 I'm all about those shoes being comfy.

I'm not married but, I'd like to be someday! I'm all about the food and keeping it small, because I feel like it should be immediate family to witness the marriage. I'm okay with churches, since some churches are quite beautiful. I've been to a few weddings and after parties, it's the dancing and the food that I like most about it. xD Vows can be however you'd like them to be as well, which is nice too.

Kagayaki

Awards
I'm going to have fun with this thread. :D

But it seems like I'm the oldest unmarried woman in the world, as I find that more and more couples are getting married younger these days. I think I'm living my fear of being an old maid! I personally think that 18-21 is way too young to get married. My older sister got married at 23, and I think that's a stretch, but it worked out and that's ok. I knew the guy since I was 9 or 10. I was a junior bridesmaid at her wedding when I was 15. The only thing I really remember was it was freezing! I bitterly learned that November is a bad month to hold a wedding--especially when you're taking outdoor pictures in a sleeveless dress (I think I finally got rid of it, and it was also my graduation dress and the dress I wore for my stepbrother's wedding).

And I was a bridesmaid for my older stepsister's wedding, she was 24 or 25, I think. I was 18, and I just got my drivers license that day. The last wedding I've been to was my older stepbrother's. I was 22, and he was dating the girl for a long while. I haven't been to my older brother's wedding, mostly because I didn't know about it. He got married when I was about 11. I became an aunt when I was 12.

As for my wedding, I think I'd rather do an elopement. I still have lots of family issues, and I don't want anyone causing drama or being uncouth at my special day. My parents divorced even before I was born, and they still haven't come to terms with their relationship issues, and they refuse to realize how it affects others. Plus, if a relative invites friends, and they invite their friends or relatives, whom I don't even know, how much do you think they really care about me, rather than, "Oh look, she's wearing a white dress!!!! Just like in the reality shows!!!!11!1"? But that doesn't mean that It won't be elegant. Instead of a courthouse or a cheap Vegas chapel, I'm going to find a specific venue that caters to elopements or small weddings. Possibly an old, small chapel, or an outdoor garden.

I don't have many real life friends, but if we do have guests, I'd like the bridesmaids to wear the same design, but different colored dresses--like in Sailor Moon! XD And there will be no garter toss, because that's just degrading.

The food will reflect the theme and the atmosphere, and I want a sweet Lolita wedding! I'm not sure if I'll necessarily wear a Lolita dress, but the theme will still be sweet. I want cake, candy, cookies, and ice cream at my wedding! With Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel cake toppers!

And a little classical mini-orchestra sounds nice. But I really want to play "Love's in Bloom" at my wedding! And other My Little Pony songs. And we'll play songs from Final Fantasy 8 and 10, Sailor Moon, Kingdom Hearts, and if I hopefully launch my series before then, I can hear my own written songs at my wedding!

And what does the dress look like?! That's the most important part!

noxy

I'm soooo excited. My "Little Sister" is flying to NYC to visit me in November and we're going to go try on wedding dresses and such. I've lost over 30 lbs in the last month or two, so hopefully I'll have lost a bunch more by the time she gets here and I'll look all awesome and junk.

I don't plan on wearing a garter at all. A bracelet on my thigh? No thank you. I kind of think they've become outdated and tacky in general. And it just doesn't go with who I am as a person. I'm kind of a wild child, but I'm also pretty reserved and ladylike in that department.

My feyonce and I aren't religious and don't really believe in God, so naturally we're not having a Christian ceremony and definitely do not want to have our wedding in a church. We actually both want it to be outside, hence wanting to have the wedding in the Spring. Most likely, we'll have it in Texas, where my dad and his sister live (my dad can't really travel long distances unless he has help, which he doesn't, and he will NOT get on an airplane), so a Summer wedding just wouldn't be practical as it pretty well stays in the 100's even in the northern part (where he lives).

My little girl will be part of the whole thing. Her and my Dad will walk me down the aisle and she'll stand with me during the ceremony and walk in with us to the reception. She's -so- stinking excited about it all. It makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it. She can't wait for my dude to be "her dad" (she doesn't have an actual dad, so he's been her father figure and she loves him to bits and pieces).

I don't have very many IRL friends either, tbh. Just a small handful of really close ones and they're all spread out far away from me so it's going to be a headache trying to get them all coordinated. Especially considering I'll probably still be living here in NYC, my maid of honor is in my hometown in Tennesee, my other bridesmaid is in Phoenix, and my wedding is in Texas. *Dies*

It'd probably wind up being bad luck in the end, but MAN I LOVE YUNA'S WEDDING DRESS IN FFX and I'd love for someone to sew it up for me haha.

My fiance recently told me that his mom is giving me a wedding band that's been in their family for over 100 years. I was shocked and most definitely honored... I'm just worried it's gonna be ugly. I already know it's gonna be gold (I hate gold), so... heh. lol

Kagayaki

Awards
A bracelet on my thigh? No thank you.
You couldn't even GET that thing around MY thigh.

I have officially found my future wedding venue. Palm Court - Dining at the Drake Hotel Chicago Just check it out. It's got afternoon tea, with a harp player on weekdays. And the menu looks like something I would think of for my wedding. They. Have. TRUFFLES! Most people can live full lives without ever trying truffles, but I don't want to be one of them. There will be no ketchup able foods in my reception. It's located in the big city, but I also have some relatives in the big city.

Although, I still want to consider an elopement. I don't want anyone, even relatives to ruin my big day. And elopements are less likely to have wedding crashes. If I'm going to have an outdoor ceremony, then I would rather have it in late spring, or the middle of summer. Because there is no way I'm doing a winter ceremony, and geese tend to migrate in the early spring and early fall, and...watch where you step.

And this is the bouquet I want. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P...colid=320OOTHVDB9FC&coliid=IOJJJ4VDK8ZN4&vs=1

And since I don't have a family heirloom, I found some rings online. I'd much rather have a sterling silver one than a gold one. I'd prefer it would not be a diamond because all it is, is just a really hard rock. And people go to wars over it. I really want a ring that's shaped like a crown. Like this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013V6VCWY/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_33?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2H3SD3QNSF4TP Or this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M2GTY1Q/ref=aw_wl_ov_recs_dp Or even this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VN20H8E/ref=pd_aw_sbs_197_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=PBFDXSBQ6QJSK60H56JG

And since the bride is the queen of her own ceremony, want a scepter to zap any smokers or wedding crashes. XD

And here are my potential dresses! IF YOU ARE A CERTAIN SOMEONE, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE LINKS BELOW.

Normal wedding dresses:

This plus size one is basically made with flowers. Tank Lace Ball Gown with Beaded Applique - Davids Bridal
And this embroidered one has a tulle skirt. Tulle Ball Gown with Lace Illusion Neckline - Davids Bridal
I love this low waisted one. It's so flattering. Noble Wedding Gown With Straps and Appliqued Lace
Just imagine this one in white. Regal Sequined Sweetheart Layered Tulle Quinceanera Ball Gown Although, wedding dresses don't necessarily have to be white.
I like this one too, but I'm not sure if it would flatter me. Gorgeous Strapless Floral Lace Embellished Long Gown With Asymmetrical Tiered Draped Detail
As far as modest dresses go, this lace one is lovely. Chic Sweetheart Illusion Long Sleeve Floor Length Lace Dress
Imagine this one in white, or not, if you want to be even more daring. Flamboyant Ruched Sweetheart on Ruffled Ombre Organza Prom Ball Gown
I really like illusion neckline dresses. This one is especially flattering. Brilliant Sleeveless Sweetheart Embroidered Wedding Gown With Bateau-neck
This one with the jeweled bodice is lovely. Angelic Sweetheart Neckline Long Gown with Beaded Jeweled Bodice
And this one is both modest and sexy. Femme Sweetheart Cap-sleeved Lace and Organza A-line Wedding Gown With Keyhole Back
And look how cute this short one is! http://m.shirleysdress.com/chic-fem...rt-ruffled-organza-wedding-dress-p700773.html
And this jeweled one is very princess-like. http://m.shirleysdress.com/dramatic...crystal-jeweled-floral-full-gown-p302111.html
And this one makes you feel like a princess of a Victorian garden. Junoesque Cap-sleeved Lace-appliqued Wedding Dress With Illusion Style

I know that every bride has desired, or at least thought of wearing a dress like a Disney Princess. There's a whole collection of wedding dresses based on Disney Princesses. Disney*Princess Wedding Dresses and Bridal Gowns from Alfred Angelo I especially like the Belle one, straight in the middle.

Lolita dresses:

I love how innocent this one looks. * QutieLand *
This one looks kind of plain, but it works. http://clobbaonline.com/web_images/surface_spell_nymph_long_one_piece_1.jpg
This one could work, in any color. http://clobbaonline.com/web_images/surface_spell_dancing_roses_embroidery_long_op_1.jpg
They already sold out of this one in my dream color, even before I first saw it. http://clobbaonline.com/web_images/surface_spell_day_and_night_gothic_jsk_1.jpg
I could customize this Swan Lake one. * QutieLand * Just imagine this in all white.
This is technically a JSK, but it works. http://clobbaonline.com/web_images/classical_puppets_elisabeth_girly_jsk_1.jpg
This is my most favorite of all. It's got sleeves, a big, cupcake skirt, and bling! http://clobbaonline.com/web_images/classical_puppets_elisabeth_bride_jsk_2.jpg

Looking at wedding dresses can be tiring because all you see nowadays are the strapless sweetheart top ones, or the empire waist ones, or the mermaid ones. I don't look good in sexy clothes. My face, stature, and body type just isn't meant for them. In bridal magazines, all the dresses are hooched up, and probably meant for a 7 foot tall woman. And all the dresses with sleeves are meant for old ladies.

It's customary to change wedding dresses or kimonos in Japan. In Taiwan, the bride changes up to ten times for good luck. I'd like to go to a Jewish wedding ceremony. I like it when the groom stomps on the bottle. XD That looks fun. I'd love to see a Hindi wedding ceremony. I even heard them say it's the most colorful wedding ceremony in the world. And they make you wear traditional Indian formal dress, no matter what your faith. But all the clothes are so gorgeous. I even saw a white groom wearing those clothes. Indian weddings last for up to 12 hours, with the initial ceremony for 3 hours. And then the dinner reception, and then a traditional dance for the groom. And then 6 hours of dancing. So far, I've only been to Christian and Catholic weddings.

Personally, I don't want my wedding to turn into a nightclub. I'd rather find a small classical orchestra or a pianist who can play video game music. And classical symphonies, live action movie and anime soundtracks, and pop favorites. I'd much rather have tea instead of wine or cocktails because I can't drink alcohol anymore, and I don't trust people with alcohol.

I know it's waaaaaaay too early for me to think of all of this, as I don't have a marriageable someone (or at least we're not at the proposal phase yet), but wedding planners are not free! Sorry this was so long. ^^;

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, as a British Asian guy, I pretty much stick out like a sore thumb here. Weddings are like gatherings for my culture!

Regardless, congratulations on your wedding Noxy! I wish only the best for your future. And for the rest of you ladies, don't worry, you'll find a suitable companion who'll admire you for what you are. If only I could have the same luck with finding a Mrs. myself...

Emperor

It's really interesting to see people use entertainment media as themes for their weddings. I feel it shows the bride and groom have a lot in common when they get creative with their ceremonies in ways like this instead of the expensive venue, frilly decorations, and flock of doves cliche.

I've never had the pleasure of attending a wedding. My only experience with them comes from movies, and most of those movies were comedies so please excuse me if my vision of weddings seems warped. I would like to attend a real one before I - if I - have my own. I hear the free food is the best perk of these things.

Congrats to you and your fiancé - same to you MsKeybladeMaster.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's really interesting to see people use entertainment media as themes for their weddings. I feel it shows the bride and groom have a lot in common when they get creative with their ceremonies in ways like this instead of the expensive venue, frilly decorations, and flock of doves cliche.

I've never had the pleasure of attending a wedding. My only experience with them comes from movies, and most of those movies were comedies so please excuse me if my vision of weddings seems warped. I would like to attend a real one before I - if I - have my own. I hear the free food is the best perk of these things.

Congrats to you and your fiancé - same to you MsKeybladeMaster.

You should go to a Southern Asian wedding. That'll be a wedding experience you'd never want to forget :wink:

Kagayaki

Awards
Yeah, the media definitely skews the image of weddings and marriage for girls and women. I mean, I just showed you a link for wedding dresses based on Disney Princesses. I'm sure that most first time brides and almost all mothers of the brides want a princess-like ballroom dress.

Or you could also look at Princess Serenity for inspiration.

And I'm sure that guys think about weddings, they just don't want to admit it. Maybe it's the appeal of having their own big formal party, needing a wife to feel complete, or the uh, consummation. When my stepbrother got married, he had this limo with this...overhead door, like those Back to the Future cars. Yeah, I'm definitely not doing that.

What I really like about weddings is that, even if the bride or groom sticks to tradition, weddings seem to always show individuality. But after watching a lot of wedding shows (I don't normally watch anything on TLC, but I swear those wedding shows are the only thing it's got going for it), I totally get that they all follow the same themes, and I make notes on what I want for my wedding day. I just want mine to be more of a Victorian tea party and or a fairy tale ball rather than a big version of a school dance. Or preferably really small and really calm with an outdoor elopement venue. Either way, I don't want a lot of religious traditions in my wedding. I like the look of blush colored gowns or Cinderella blue gown. I know a lot of people expect pure white gowns, but before the Victorian era, blue was the traditional bridal color.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
I'm sure that guys think about weddings, they just don't want to admit it
Depends. For instance you also have guys like me that can't comprehend how marriage validates the relationship. Though still not above marrying. (but usually for such a guy it's a wedding more for the girl)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I do. I'm the type that would love to make it special and classic. In those terms though, I got to be realistic.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think this is easier said than done XD. It does sound interesting though, what's it like?

Everybody treats it like a party and come in for the food and the hospitality. Indian music is blasted out loud and you end up socialising with a lot of people. However, there's so many people around that you may feel awkward at times. It's a very structured event.

Yeah, the media definitely skews the image of weddings and marriage for girls and women. I mean, I just showed you a link for wedding dresses based on Disney Princesses. I'm sure that most first time brides and almost all mothers of the brides want a princess-like ballroom dress.

Or you could also look at Princess Serenity for inspiration.

And I'm sure that guys think about weddings, they just don't want to admit it. Maybe it's the appeal of having their own big formal party, needing a wife to feel complete, or the uh, consummation. When my stepbrother got married, he had this limo with this...overhead door, like those Back to the Future cars. Yeah, I'm definitely not doing that.

What I really like about weddings is that, even if the bride or groom sticks to tradition, weddings seem to always show individuality. But after watching a lot of wedding shows (I don't normally watch anything on TLC, but I swear those wedding shows are the only thing it's got going for it), I totally get that they all follow the same themes, and I make notes on what I want for my wedding day. I just want mine to be more of a Victorian tea party and or a fairy tale ball rather than a big version of a school dance. Or preferably really small and really calm with an outdoor elopement venue. Either way, I don't want a lot of religious traditions in my wedding. I like the look of blush colored gowns or Cinderella blue gown. I know a lot of people expect pure white gowns, but before the Victorian era, blue was the traditional bridal color.

Go all retro and bring blue back! Or try wearing an Indian bridal dress: that'll really get their attention!

As far as guys and weddings go, some guys don't feel comfortable publicly talking about them, because, weddings are seen as primarily feminine occasions. Heck, the concept of "love" and "romance" have connotations of femininity and certain males just don't feel as though it translates to their hegemonic mentality. No, I'm not trying to be sexist here, some guys genuinely think that they'll be "too soft" or "too girly" for publicly talking about weddings. It's a cultural stigma imposed by western society.

Last edited:

Emperor

Depends. For instance you also have guys like me that can't comprehend how marriage validates the relationship. Though still not above marrying. (but usually for such a guy it's a wedding more for the girl)

I see it this way, a birthday party doesn't validate your age either, but it is a good excuse for throwing a party. I imagine that's how weddings are supposed to be.

I do. I'm the type that would love to make it special and classic. In those terms though, I got to be realistic.

I think it would be fun to plan a wedding. Especially if it's going to be based off an untraditional theme. I don't necessarily think about, but I wouldn't mind getting involved if or when the time comes.

Everybody treats it like a party and come in for the food and the hospitality. Indian music is blasted out loud and you end up socialising with a lot of people. However, there's so many people around that you may feel awkward at times. It's a very structured event.

I feel like that's any kind of wedding though XD. Granted, the music and amount of people are exchangeable. Still, it does sound like fun.

noxy

ls5.jpg

That is the dress I'm absolutely in love with.... Unfortunately, it's an Italian designer and it costs around $7,000 & (& it's from the designer's like 2011 collection) & I'd probably have to fly to Italy to get it fitted lol... Not to mention I don't think I would ever have the right body for it.

It's really awesome for my fiance and I though since we have our mutual love for Final Fantasy- there are so many songs we can use... My daughter is going to walk down the aisle to some arrangement of the Chocobo theme... It's awesome 'cuz she loves chocobos and Final Fantasy.

As far as food goes, though... I kind of want a catering service to use -my- recipes. I'm a really good cook and I would want them to use my stuff... Yeah? lol

Kagayaki

Awards
I don't mean to dig up the thread again, but there is something that should be brought to any bride's attention, and it's something I care very deeply about. There are budget conscious brides out there who considered buying their dresses online, for a small fraction of the original designer's price. But what a lot of the brides don't know is that those prices are definitely too good to be true. And most of those dresses are from China. Now this doesn't mean that all Chinese designers and bridal salons are bad, but the cheap dresses sold online are counterfeits, with the original photos stolen from the designer's website, and when they get their dresses in the mail, it looks nothing like the dress that was advertised. They use the cheapest polyester instead of taffeta, silk, or organza, and plastic rhinestones instead of diamonds or Swarovski elements. And even sometimes, the dress won't even come at all, because they already have your money, and don't care about the product, or they have been seized by customs for being counterfeit goods. And worst of all, they manufacture the dresses in sweatshops, and the companies take advantage of the policies that PayPal has, about a dispute being invalid after 45 days of the first transaction. Because it would usually take about two weeks to a month and a half for a package to get to North America from China.

And it's not just one tiny company in China that's doing this. China has a whole industry of scam websites that target overseas customers. And it's not even limited to wedding dresses or formal wear, but Lolita fashion, cosplay, collectibles, and motorcycle helmets. Some of these websites include LightInTheBox.com, Aliexpress.com, JJsHouse.com, and of course, Milanoo.com. There are even some of these scammers on eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. And don't let the reviews on the sites fool you. They pay for good reviews, and when a customer leaves a negative review, they bribe them with money and merchandise to change it.

http://vowsinsight.com/abpia-counterfeit-2557/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back