• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2.8 - Predict the release date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't say summer is bad for FFXV. Summer is bad for Persona 5 and fans of both games. This is Atlus' chance to bring Persona to a new level of popularity, so it'd be terrible if FFXV came out at the same time

Isn't Persona 5 more of a Japan phenomena, though? I know it's popular, but is it popular everywhere or mainly Japan? Kinda like Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest. Fans all over, but main interest is in the East.

No, it's much more popular in the west than it is in Japan. It certainly has plenty of loyal fans everywhere, but you'll find more in the United States (since Atlus is shit at publishing their games in Europe/finding a European publisher to take on their games permanently)

hlc1988

Awards
Final Fantasy XV November

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 September

Let's Duel!

If FFXV is going to have a release date announced in March I'm going to say last half of 2016 for that... with 2.8 coming in the first half of the year instead. That could then pave the way for the release of KH3 in early 2017 to coincide with the 15th anniversary... Have nearly a year's gap between the two KH titles :)

Kaijuguy19

We did have some gaps with the past KH games with releases but if 2.8 is going to be a world wide release perhaps that'll change. If true then it's possible we may end up getting the game around spring next year for both reigons.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I've still got my money marked on a late 2016 release date. If it releases in December again, then I'll just have another awesome Christmas break like last year.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel like KH 2.8 will come out in early 2016. When you unlock and complete everything in KH 2.8, you unlock the release date of KH3 (which is 2017).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
so with hitman being deylead until march it kind of puts 2.8 in a tough spot now

Sdog

Awards
so with hitman being deylead until march it kind of puts 2.8 in a tough spot now

Not necessarily. If Hitman taking a potential KH release date is what you're getting at. What with KH being an eastern project and Hitman a west. Plus Deus Ex only comes out a month before Hitman at this point then. 2.8 coming out as early as April or May isn't too out of the question depending on what phase they are in development.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
late 2015 we have the technology

early 2016, i doubt a january or february release but a march-june window would be appropriate.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
late 2015 we have the technology

early 2016, i doubt a january or february release but a march-june window would be appropriate.

Really? Think about how long it's taken them to release Unchained Chi. We still don't have a release date for it for any other country, and that's a game they merely had to port and translate and it's still taking them this long. 2.8 was just announced, so I seriously doubt it's going to be released in 9-ish months, when it's taken them over 6 months just to release a 2D cartoony sidescrolling mobile phone app.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Really? Think about how long it's taken them to release Unchained Chi. We still don't have a release date for it for any other country, and that's a game they merely had to port and translate and it's still taking them this long. 2.8 was just announced, so I seriously doubt it's going to be released in 9-ish months, when it's taken them over 6 months just to release a 2D cartoony sidescrolling mobile phone app.

You're comparing the localization of an iphone game to the full production of 2.8. They're totally different. To be fair, 2.5 came out about a year after it was announced, but 2.5 had a different workload and 2.8's been in the works for at least a year.

Unchained X came out like, what, three months after it was announced?

Also, the holdup with X international isn't localization. That part, I'm almost 100%, has been done for quite some time. They may be waiting to see how the Japanese version handles its servers and crowd-load. Also, Square's been known to sit on games, probably to release them at peak times.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also when it comes to their mobile games, they just launch them without warning. Unchained X will probably never get an official release date. It'll just appear on the Apple Store and Google Play one day out of the clear blue with a press release preceding or following it.

Awards
Well in my prediction with pre-ordering already for the north America release date, i say march through may. That's what i believe.

Awards
the release date is getting announced, so it's gonna be late 2016. 2.8 is gonna be early. That's actually a good business decision in my opinion. It will actually be pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back