• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You still need to have a guide or something to know what those ones are. I'm on my third NG+ playthrough (starting from scratch with 2.8 is going to be soooo hard with regard to DEs and abilities...) and I've only just found out one or two more I didn't think were permanent on this run.
...no, you don't? They are separated in the abilities menu o_O

Rael_Oblivion

...no, you don't? They are separated in the abilities menu o_O
I ignored the abilities menu mostly. Just focused on the different boards and what I needed to get the abilities I wanted. Plus it doesn't help until you actually HAVE the ability. It doesn't actually tell you explicitly which are party-linked unless you bother to read the text at the top.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I ignored the abilities menu mostly. Just focused on the different boards and what I needed to get the abilities I wanted. Plus it doesn't help until you actually HAVE the ability. It doesn't actually tell you explicitly which are party-linked unless you bother to read the text at the top.
Or you can click on the abilities and it tells you which Dream Eaters you need to unlock it.

Rael_Oblivion

Or you can click on the abilities and it tells you which Dream Eaters you need to unlock it.
I knew which abilities went with each DE, I just didn't know from the start which abilities were and weren't permanent. After I got the DEs in my party to change disposition, the first thing I did was check if it unlocked a new pathway.
But just because it says that one type of ability is party-based doesn't exclude the others from also being party-based if it doesn't say they're permanent. That was what it took me a playthrough or two to figure out.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They... did? Only certain abilities are tied to having the Dream Eater in your party. The others are permanently unlocked regardless.
he means abilities like second chance and higher hp. at the end of the game sora's hp bar was long as hell but once i swapped my sir kyroo for that one dinosaur, i felt that shit lol.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
he means abilities like second chance and higher hp. at the end of the game sora's hp bar was long as hell but once i swapped my sir kyroo for that one dinosaur, i felt that shit lol.
Second Chance is not a Dream Eater dependent skill.

The only skills attached to Dream Eaters were stat boosters, like resistance to elements, hp and defense increase, etc.

And he already clarified that he was operating under the assumption that all abilities were tied to Dream Eaters and didn't know that some were permanently unlocked lol.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

The only skills attached to Dream Eaters were stat boosters, like resistance to elements, hp and defense increase, etc.

And he already clarified that he was operating under the assumption that all abilities were tied to Dream Eaters and didn't know that some were permanently unlocked lol.
oh. i was not aware of this so i guess i'm just as inadept lol.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
so what you guys think people will do when it is revealed that the traitor is Chirithy and Chirithy is the true Big Bad of the new saga when it claims the X-Blade after it is forged in KH3

Anagram

Banned

Actually after turning on the game I only confirmed I confused myself. When thinking on keeping abilities I was thinking of new game plus. Nothing is carried over except trophies and dream eaters. You have to max each chart again to get your abilities back, including the red list ones like 2nd chance, which I find bullshit.
(seeing that's I'd have to get so many abilities and deal with the DE charts again is why I never played more than once or going past that first 10min of a new game plus)

Haven't played it in a long while so got the charts and what you couldn't keep mixed up. =p

Last edited:

Kaijuguy19

BBS 0.2 is about Aqua's adventures in the Realm of Darkness between BBS and KH1 right? And we now know that Mickey was around the realm at one point as well so I have to wonder will BBS V2 explain why Mickey didn't just help her out of the realm when he was there that is if they did meet up again during BBS V2?

serene_calamity

Wait, hang on; so I'm pretty sure BBS 0.2: Fragmentary Passage is just going to be cutscenes explaining what happened to Aqua and such. I doubt it'll be a "Volume 2" game we can play. Is there anything released that confirms what BBS 0.2 really is?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Wait, hang on; so I'm pretty sure BBS 0.2: Fragmentary Passage is just going to be cutscenes explaining what happened to Aqua and such. I doubt it'll be a "Volume 2" game we can play. Is there anything released that confirms what BBS 0.2 really is?
0.2 is confirmed to be a playable episode featuring some gameplay elements from KH3.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
0.2 is confirmed to be a playable episode featuring some gameplay elements from KH3.
This. Basically, you can imagine 0.2 being to KH3 what Roxas' episode was to KH2, a playable prologue that teaches you some of the new gameplay elements. It won't be an incredibly long game or anything, more of a demo for KH3 that features BBSV2 story elements. It'll probably include the scenes in the BBS secret ending teaser for BBSV2, like Kairi in front of the mansion and stuff, to summarize the time that is passing while Aqua is doing things in the Realm of Darkness. Which also compares to KH2's Roxas chapter, when clips from KH1 were shpwn between episodes. DDD, X Back Cover, and 0.2 are literally the Final Chapter's Prologue.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
so what you guys think people will do when it is revealed that the traitor is Chirithy and Chirithy is the true Big Bad of the new saga when it claims the X-Blade after it is forged in KH3
KH IV - GOTY 2021
Actually after turning on the game I only confirmed I confused myself. When thinking on keeping abilities I was thinking of new game plus. Nothing is carried over except trophies and dream eaters. You have to max each chart again to get your abilities back, including the red list ones like 2nd chance, which I find bullshit.
(seeing that's I'd have to get so many abilities and deal with the DE charts again is why I never played more than once or going past that first 10min of a new game plus)

Haven't played it in a long while so got the charts and what you couldn't keep mixed up. =p
speaking of NG+, here's hoping critical mode is available from the beginning and that it has an actual NG+ where stuff carries over and is a grueling difficulty.

Anagram

Banned
speaking of NG+, here's hoping critical mode is available from the beginning and that it has an actual NG+ where stuff carries over and is a grueling difficulty.
A proper new game+ would go so far in enjoyable factor for not just DDD but any KH game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it would also be cool if beating 2.8 unlocked features for III as they share a console but that may be wishful thinking.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
One thing I'm hoping for (but know we probably won't get) is an explanation for why some worlds become Sleeping Worlds when they're destroyed, and why some end up in the Realm of Darkness...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
One thing I'm hoping for (but know we probably won't get) is an explanation for why some worlds become Sleeping Worlds when they're destroyed, and why some end up in the Realm of Darkness...
because nomura needed a subtitle with three D's in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back