• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Interview with Nomura - Kingdom Hearts 2.8 to use KH3 tech

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Next week's issue of Famitsu will feature an interview with Series Director Tetsuya Nomura on the topic of the newly announced Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Thanks to Zephyr, you can read the translations below.

Interviewing Tetsuya Nomura about KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8

※ Because the information is shown without images, mistakes are possible.

Was the goal for 2.8 to be on PS4?
Nomura: It was originally planned because we didn’t want you to wait for KH3 while playing nothing. Because we wanted you to experience the world of KH3 as soon as possible, with KH3D being the preface of KH3, we wanted to include works that used technology from KH3, so it being on the PS4 was inevitable.

The current development situation?
Nomura: At the moment I can’t clearly announce how much time is left. Because it’s also developed simultaneously with KH3, there are portions that use the same technology and I can’t discuss about it at this time.

Additional elements?
Nomura: It has become three works that are in HD. Because KH3D had two screens, it was remaked in a way that it uses one screen. The other two works don’t contain that many elements because they’re new works that use KH3’s technology.

About KH0.2BBS
Nomura: It contains a story of Aqua traveling in the Realm of Darkness. It begins immediately after the secret episode of KHBBSFM. We plan to include elements that are part of KH3. The volume is a short episode that is about as worth as one world from the KH series.

Which of the three titles are you looking forward to most in Kingdom Hearts 2.8? What are you hoping to see within the three titles? Let us know!

Source: htmk73

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Confirmation that Back Cover will be done in the KH3 engine as we suspected (yay), and that BBS0.2 will be short af. Also seems to confirm the Castle of Dreams thing, if we take "immediately" at face value, which I know will excite soooome people :p

(they better be knocking down the price of 2.8 from the preorder price because lord not so much value)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yep, I was expecting 0.2 to be about that long. So it will more or less be Kingdom Hearts III: Ground Zeroes. One hour of gameplay and probably more cutscenes than that. I'm down with that

Emperor

The volume is a short episode that is about as worth as one world from the KH series.

A KH3 demo is still a KH3 demo, and I'm completely ok with that.

Yep, I was expecting 0.2 to be about that long. So it will more or less be Kingdom Hearts III: Ground Zeroes. One hour of gameplay and probably more cutscenes than that. I'm down with that

That's a good comparison.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Exciting, it really does sound like KH3 is further in development than they put out, seeing as he needs to hide things :D

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Exciting, it really does sound like KH3 is further in development than they put out, seeing as he needs to hide things :D
That's one way to look at it....

The other is that they consider KH3 still so long away from now that they created a game just to fill in the gap.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
That's one way to look at it....

The other is that they consider KH3 still so long away from now that they created a game just to fill in the gap.

I like being optimistic :D

WaveK89

It's sort of weird imagining the artwork of Unchained being put into the KH3 technology. Such as what Chirithy and the Foretellers. Then again, there's a lot of things I can't wait to see what will look like in KH3. Still something to look forward to.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's sort of weird imagining the artwork of Unchained being put into the KH3 technology. Such as what Chirithy and the Foretellers. Then again, there's a lot of things I can't wait to see what will look like in KH3. Still something to look forward to.
I look forward to seeing that Ephemera's curly locks in KH3 graphics~

WastedPenguin

Awards
Cant wait to see how the heartless and special effects in 0.2 will look because it will be the first playable title in the series with PS4 graphics since it releases before KH3.
Also i hope that they wont make use of the command deck system and go back to the traditional KH battlesystem instead.

Mr. Megaverse

Tell me about it, I want to see what Old Master Xehanort looks like in KH3 graphics.

Honestly i'm a little disappointed it's only going to be an hour long, and I wonder if that is an hour with cutscenes and everything included or if that's just 1 hour worth of gameplay. I was hoping it would at least be as long as the Roxas tutorial at the beginning of KH2, so about 3 hours long with at least 3 bosses or something. I hope we get to see some worlds in the dark realm like Castle of Dreams and maybe finally the Dumbo and Bambi worlds will make an appearance. Also imagine Pride Lands & The Land of Dragons consumed in darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The playtime for 0.2 is rather disappointing but I think I'm okay with it. I think as long as it has enough content to keep playing past the main story's timeframe, I'm fine.

Rael_Oblivion

0.2's playtime is really kind of subjective though; if you make an effort to slow down exploration (as long as they give us that option instead of blocking the way back to other areas or something) you can make it longer than just rushing through. Plus, it's still longer than the last time you played Aqua in the RoD, right? I haven't played it, but judging from youtube videos, wasn't it about half an hour long? A world takes longer than that, surely.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
The playtime for 0.2 is rather disappointing but I think I'm okay with it. I think as long as it has enough content to keep playing past the main story's timeframe, I'm fine.

I'm honestly not expecting it to be quite that long. Hopefully it's just so fun to play that, like the FF XV demo, you keep playing it even though you're basically doing the same thing over and over again. We can't really know for sure, though, since I think the length of world stories has flactuated throughout the years (console vs. handheld entries), so yeah. We'll see.

I also hope the Chi Back Cover stuff is an actual properly edited movie, instead of a compilation of disconnected cutscenes. I don't care how long it is, just make it look like a proper movie.

Mr. Megaverse

0.2's playtime is really kind of subjective though; if you make an effort to slow down exploration (as long as they give us that option instead of blocking the way back to other areas or something) you can make it longer than just rushing through. Plus, it's still longer than the last time you played Aqua in the RoD, right? I haven't played it, but judging from youtube videos, wasn't it about half an hour long? A world takes longer than that, surely.

Depends on the game we're talking about. In BBS a world took about 20-25 minutes (for Disney worlds) to complete per story. In KH2 the first trip to a Disney World usually took about an hour to complete. (BBS seemed to be going for that per world, but just spread the time across each story). With 358/2 Days it's hard to judge since the story for each world is spread out across the game in different missions. If it's a KH original world the stories can go beyond an hour, just look at Hollow Bastion in KH1 for example. Now of course i'm stating all these times included gameplay, cutscenes, the whole nine yards.

wwinterj

Some nice info here. It seems 0.2 won't be that long and that's fine as it's a demo of sorts. I'm more interested in DDD anyway as I've never played it.

Mr. Megaverse

Some nice info here. It seems 0.2 won't be that long and that's fine as it's a demo of sorts. I'm more interested in DDD anyway as I've never played it.

Well this is a perfect collection for you my friend since KH3D and BBS are the two most important games to play before playing KH3.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'd prefer it to be that way. Really want to take my time just with Dream Drop Distance and finally just get ready for the Big Kahuna.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well, looks like we might very well get to explore Castle of Dreams then if 0.2 is set immediately after BBSFM's secret movie. (And if that's the case, there's also the chance we'll get that world in KHIII too.)

Around an hour sounds about right for the demo-ish 0.2 but I do hope he's talking more gameplay wise when talking length. I want lots of cutscene after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back