• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Trailer Featuring KH3 Footage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
But there's a difference between saying "exclusive to PS4" and just saying "coming to PS4".

And that's still kinda weird. Why wouldn't they release the older games on X1? I don't want an X1, so it's not effecting me any. That's just weirdly bad marketing. Or maybe it actually isn't (assuming they figured they'd lose money porting it to X1). But then why port KH3 in the first place?

2013 was a different world.

kngdmhrts2

But there's a difference between saying "exclusive to PS4" and just saying "coming to PS4".

And that's still kinda weird. Why wouldn't they release the older games on X1? I don't want an X1, so it's not effecting me any. That's just weirdly bad marketing. Or maybe it actually isn't (assuming they figured they'd lose money porting it to X1). But then why port KH3 in the first place?

Meh. Whatever. I'm hype for this game nshit.

With 2.8, the only real reason I see it being PS4 only is because of DDD, what with the touch screen attacks on the 3DS, and only the touch pad on the PS4 controller is the only way to get around that when remastering it.

As for KH3, gotta take into account that this was probably all in the same deal when MS threw money at S-E and said "Can we have KH3 and FFXV on our console too?", but whether it was because of including FFXV in the deal that didn't allow them to get 1.5 or 2.5 (and 2.8 now) aswell or if Sony threw more money at S-E and said "Ok they can have those but we want exclusivity to the remasters of the KH series", who knows in the end...it's all background dealings that we're not aware of the details.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I doubt there was any moneyhatting really happening when it came to XB1 being included as one of the consoles KH3 would come out on. In 2013 nobody knew what the marketshare for XB1 and PS4 would be, and it was probably assumed that the gap wouldn't be as big or it'd lean closer to XB1 like things had been at the start of the last generation, so it was the best bet to make KH3 multi platform.

I am also fairly certain that when Matsuda came into power, he was focused on trying to reach the broad market with FFXV and KH3 in order to make more money on those games and build those brands up, but when PS4 became the bigger console post-launch, SE turned their attention away from XB1 since it is clear that they are unlikely to see strong results there.

Essentially, a lack of foresight put us and them in this situation.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but yeah they changed / added to the dialogue.

E3 trailer said:
YX: Have you heard of the ancient Keyblade War?
E: Yeah. The Master’s favourite story.
YX: So, you know the Lost Masters. They’re the ones who started the Keyblade War.
E: Never heard of them.
YX: You can drop the facade.
*Trailer*
YX: On that land shall Darkness prevail and Light expire. The future… it’s already been written.
E: Who’s to say I can’t change it, and maybe Light will prevail. There is more to Light than meets the eye. You might be surprised.
YX: Oh I hope so.

2.8 trailer said:
YX: Have you heard of the ancient Keyblade War?
E: Yeah. The Master’s favourite story.
YX: So, you know the Lost Masters. On that land shall Darkness prevail and Light expire. The future… it’s already been written.
E: But unlike Darkness there’s more to Light than meets the eye. You might be surprised.
YX: Oh I hope so.

You can tell they rerecorded the whole line because he goes from saying "There is" in the E3 trailer to "there's" in the 2.8.
But it makes little sense to bring the guy back in to rerecord one line for a 30 second teaser ;)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah they sound identical to me, too. When I noticed that there was more in the 2.8 trailer, I just assumed that meant they edited it out from the original trailer, for whatever reason. Given how this scene is the first thing in the whole game, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the whole scene translated and recorded to be honest. For better or worse I imagine it is going to be a big part of all the trailers.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
But it makes little sense to bring the guy back in to rerecord one line for a 30 second teaser ;)
well maybe they had him do another line while they had him recording for spiderman ;)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'd love it too, but i feel like a more story driven trailer won't be released until they've gotten more worlds ready to show the public, hence where the scenes would probably take place.
well by story, i mean more the KH story, which almost exclusively takes place outside the Disney worlds lol

(tho they are trying to fix this reportedly)

like I'd settle even for a scene at the Mysterious Tower setting up the plot

AanZku

why don't they make it for ps3 like other kh hd remixes? now many players dream about playing every kingdom hearts game with the same console is ruined :(

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
why don't they make it for ps3 like other kh hd remixes? now many players dream about playing every kingdom hearts game with the same console is ruined :(

That dream was already "ruined" to begin with as KH III itself was stated from the beginning to not come to PS3.
Back when the first Kh HD Remix was made the PS3 was still current-gen while the PS4 was next-gen and had just started.
Today though the PS4 is current-gen and the PS3 last-gen

This is one reason why this one isn't going to the PS3 as well. The other reason is that the x[chi] back cover movie and the new BBS 0.2 use the same new engine KH III uses, which the PS3 cannot handle.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer was obviously there for the cynics who thought 2.8 is impeding upon Kingdom Hearts 3.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer was obviously there for the cynics who thought 2.8 is impeding upon Kingdom Hearts 3.
If it was really there for that purpose it probably should've included more new footage lol.

I understand why it didn't (because D23 is around the corner) but for the cynics, seeing that snippet of a trailer that more or less looks identical to the one they showed off three months ago, it doesn't exactly exude confidence.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
Wow! Thank you SE!!! But, does this mean we have to wait for 2017 to get KH3? I'm not very happy about that. I was really hoping for a release date in late 2016! But I still love the trailer. And I'm glad we get to see Kh3D in HD! Now I just have to figure out how to get a PS4...:confused:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Wow! Thank you SE!!! But, does this mean we have to wait for 2017 to get KH3? I'm not very happy about that. I was really hoping for a release date in late 2016! But I still love the trailer. And I'm glad we get to see Kh3D in HD! Now I just have to figure out how to get a PS4...:confused:

Oh don't worry, we won't be waiting until 2017 to play KH3.

We'll be waiting until 2018.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is exactly the same thing Square Enix did with Type-0. At the end of every trailer, there would be a short trailer featuring the same scenes for Final Fantasy XV.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
This is exactly the same thing Square Enix did with Type-0. At the end of every trailer, there would be a short trailer featuring the same scenes for Final Fantasy XV.
Wasn't that more because the game was shipping with Episode Duscae and they wanted to promote that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back