• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2.8 - Predict the release date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
Ok, so when do you think 2.8 will be released in 2016?

I imagine there will be a bit of a gap between the Japanease and the NA/EU releases, with the NA/EU release being a few days apart from one another, much like with 2.5.

Since I am in the UK, I am hoping for a summer release over here with a Japanease release in April 2016.

I am thinking KH3 may make its way to stores early 2017, maybe for KH's 15th anniversary. I would expect they may want at least a year between releases.

Of course, one could hope that a NA/EU version of 2.8 releases within a month of the Japan release! But I doubt that will happen.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Since Square releases their games in Japan earlier than NA, I assume mid 2016 or early 2017

hlc1988

Awards
I guess I missed that piece of information. I was always used to their games being released in Japan early.

It can still come out in Japan earlier then everywhere else but other countries should still get 2.8 in 2016 as well.

1.5 was released in Japan in March 2013, and then NA and EU in September 2013.

2.5 was released in Japan in October 2014, and then in NA and EU in December 2014, two months after JP had got it.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
II.5 only had a release date gap of less than two months and all the translated versions were out the same week. Because of that I'm hopeful that the Japanese and localized versions will be out much closer together.

Edit: ethyyyyy

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Honestly, at this point in the series I think anything less than a worldwide similar release date (such as within the same week) would be unacceptable. Majority of this game is going to be new content with things relating specifically to KH3, with one of the games included being an actual KH3 demo.

As for actual release window, I'd love it to be spring, but I don't expect it until at least summer.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I don't want to be spoiled over Back Cover or 0.2. The gap between releases for KH3D really rankled many people considering the whole game was spoiled in those 4 months we had to wait.

2.8 is worse because it actually contains what may possibly be our first true taste of how to expect Kingdom Hearts 3 to play (if they go with the classic command system rather than command deck) and 2/3 parts of the game is brand new content.

Nobody is going to want to wait.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think the wait for us wont long maybe or day or two but not three or two months i think nomura and the team want to have game come out arond as least the same date japanese release as for kh3 i have feeling that will most definatally will world wide release in 2017

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, I don't want to be spoiled over Back Cover or 0.2. The gap between releases for KH3D really rankled many people considering the whole game was spoiled in those 4 months we had to wait.

2.8 is worse because it actually contains what may possibly be our first true taste of how to expect Kingdom Hearts 3 to play (if they go with the classic command system rather than command deck) and 2/3 parts of the game is brand new content.

Nobody is going to want to wait.

Intenet, a completely nerd, I don't think I could stay spoiler free, there's never a sereis I couldn't not be spoiler free, not even Anime I coulld. Give mthe fisr week of 2.8's realease and I would know Back Cover and 0.2's story.

I say at least Early March at best,, if not a Fall release.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Probably at least a 2 month gap between the Japan and US version, so... July/October, I guess. If KH3 even gets released in 2017, they'll push it to the Fall for Christmas sales, I'd guess. I wouldn't put it past them to re-release the ReMIXes to PS4 in 2017 and push KH3 to Fall 2018. This series sucks that way.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't put it past them to re-release the ReMIXes to PS4 in 2017 and push KH3 to Fall 2018. This series sucks that way.
i doubt they going to push kh3 to 2018 just because people want to have them all on ps4 save that for after kh3 plus disney is giving square ever source of material and even helping them more closely by having the movie directors or somebody that work on the movie to help them make the worlds close to the movies

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Probably at least a 2 month gap between the Japan and US version, so... July/October, I guess. If KH3 even gets released in 2017, they'll push it to the Fall for Christmas sales, I'd guess. I wouldn't put it past them to re-release the ReMIXes to PS4 in 2017 and push KH3 to Fall 2018. This series sucks that way.
You know they're not purposefully delaying KH3 in favor of other KH titles, right?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Say it with me: NOTHING IS GETTING PUSHED IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A RELEASE DATE TO BEGIN WITH.

Awards
I would say around spring next year for Japan and somewhere in the fall in America.
Look at 1.5 and 2.5.
They had almost similar release date, so its gotta be the same case with 2.8
That or the fact that KH BBS 0.2 is something that may take a lot of work so, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back