• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue announced

I honestly do wish that Willa Holland reprises her role as Aqua because I genuinely enjoyed he as Aqua.

Also I'm not too sure if this has been said here but what battle system do you think 0.2 will have? I honestly feel that perhaps the Command Deck sill return since BbS made it work in my opinion (plus I actually liked it a lot :D) and how would Aqua change from a BBS style of battle to the one used in KH3? Sure this one is like a demo for KH3 and someone I've talked to said something along the lines of, "Well think about this, Sora has changed battle systems before, ex. kH1 and KH2 to DDD and such so Aqua's situation would be no different since game play wise, it's to give us a feeling of how KH3 will play out." I was thinking about this and I figured it made sense but I'm still left wondering whether it'll use the Command deck or not.

Any thoughts?
the linkedin link seems to suggest a KHIII battle system.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

That's nice to hear about the battle system. So its basically a demo and prologue at the same time. Who was with this compilation idea; pad yourself in the back.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

THANK YOU NOMURA FOR REWARDING MY PATIENCE AND NAGGING VIA EVERY SQUARE ENIX SURVEY POSSIBLE

This is everything I am feeling right now tbh.

And to everyone who be hatin' on this and asking where Kh3 be tho

tumblr_nmrraxFKMb1ur1jnbo2_500.gif

Arcana-Key

Awards

Praise be it to Nomura for giving me what I've ever really wanted-

Aqua.

In HD.

Glorious, glorious HD.

Kaijuguy19

I honestly do wish that Willa Holland reprises her role as Aqua because I genuinely enjoyed her as Aqua.

Also I'm not too sure if this has been said here but what battle system do you think 0.2 will have? I honestly feel that perhaps the Command Deck will return since BbS made it work in my opinion (plus I actually liked it a lot :D) and how would Aqua change from a BBS style of battle to the one used in KH3? Sure this one is like a demo for KH3 and someone I've talked to said something along the lines of, "Well think about this, Sora has changed battle systems before, ex. kH1 and KH2 to DDD and such so Aqua's situation would be no different since game play wise, it's to give us a feeling of how KH3 will play out." I was thinking about this and I figured it made sense but I'm still left wondering whether it'll use the Command deck or not.

Any thoughts?

Has Willa Holland expressed some interest into reprising Aqua before in the past? It would ultimately depend if she has the time for it or even if she's interested and wanting to voice Aqua again. Still I too would like to see her back to voice Aqua again since I think she does bring a sense of warmth and strength that doe fit her character quite well.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Willa recorded new lines for Secret Episode, no? I'm pretty sure those weren't previously recorded. Besides, pretty sure Disney is willing to shell out the big bucks for something related to KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm on team #It'sanumberedtitlesoSquarewillpayforCelebritytalent

Muke

whatever
Awards

Willa just needs to come back and voice Aqua. She just has to. ;~;

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Don't you guys remember how many celebrities they got for KH2? Pretty sure they'll make it worth it for whoever they want to come do voice acting, since this is a blockbuster AAA game.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

Willa Holland's performance often fell flat in BBS, I'm not sure if that was the voice director's fault or hers but I really like her voice, in my opinion it was fitting for Aqua. So for that and for the sake of consistency, I want her back.

Awards

Willa Holland's performance often fell flat in BBS, I'm not sure if that was the voice director's fault or hers but I really like her voice, in my opinion it was fitting for Aqua. So for that and for the sake of consistency, I want her back.

It was her first time voice acting. She was flat at the beginning of the game, but in the second half, she did very well. She improved greatly during the secret episode.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Man, some people are really pissed on some forums about the naming and about the fact that were are going to get another KH game before KHIII... like, really now....

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

It was her first time voice acting. She was flat at the beginning of the game, but in the second half, she did very well. She improved greatly during the secret episode.
That's not entirely true, she was a voice in the Godfather game. But as a main character, yes. She was SO good in the Secret Episode, I think a contributing factor to the offness is that the voice she uses for Aqua isn't her real voice at all. Like youtube a recent interview with her.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Man, some people are really pissed on some forums about the naming and about the fact that were are going to get another KH game before KHIII... like, really now....
to be fair, the naming is god awful.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's a compromise, but at least DDD has in-game text summaries of the previous games to make up for the lack of two PS4 remasters.

Who knows, I recall from somewhere that the summaries of the other games were originally planned to be text and pictures, but dumbed down to only text due to time constraints.
Maybe in the Remaster of DDD they will make the summaries somewhat more polished and revisit the ideas they originally had?

The absolute icing on the cake would probably be if the summaries were actual scenes like the mementos, but I guess that'd go a little far.

My point is that it interrupts the flow of the storytelling. There are ways to make it work and I'll naturally reserve judgment until the time comes, but I'm worried that instead of entering KH3 wondering how Aqua is doing and where we'll find her, BBS 0.2 is going to give us information that would have been better presented within KH3 itself at some point in order to avoid undermining the impact of her return as a revelatory moment.

That doesn't improve on the situation, like, at all. Bloat on top of bloat is just more weight in a story that has a lot to carry. X should have stayed self-contained.

Well, it's not like Aqua is the only character slated to return and depending on the story structure she will be most likely the first to be saved anyways, so there is still enough room for impacting revelatory moments with the other characters.
Considering their status and the predicament they are in during the time BBS 0.2 is set (between the end of BBS and the start of DDD), I actually expect the involvement of both Terra and Ventus to be very limited if not even non-existant except maybe for some flying Keyblades one-shotting some Darksides again, leaving everything concerning those two completely to KH III.

Heh, you are still surprised by that? *ggg*
A good chunk of the casual fanbase were constant KH III whiners from the start who decried everything not named KH III from the get-go back in 2005/2006 (disregarding the fact that there weren't any plans to make a KH III at all until 2012), so this pathetic bitching shouldn't really come as a surprise by now.

nuyi

Awards

does anyone know VA on khx back cover?
here i find myself rather...cute @_@

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

does anyone know VA on khx back cover?
here i find myself rather...cute @_@
Unfortunately we don't know yet. Seems to be a new voice to the series.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

So, I hear talk of a trailer being released on Thursday. I'm hearing that it's a new trailer, the English version of the same trailer, or that it's the exact same Japanese trailer but in full HD. Anyone want to clarify what we're actually getting on Thursday?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So, I hear talk of a trailer being released on Thursday. I'm hearing that it's a new trailer, the English version of the same trailer, or that it's the exact same Japanese trailer but in full HD. Anyone want to clarify what we're actually getting on Thursday?
AFAIK, direct feed of the trailer from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back