• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi passing through Sora when Destiny Islands was being destroyed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hovhannes1998

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the forum for quite some time, but I'm back, hoping to get some understanding of the scene we all know and love. After reading a thread below (the epiphany of Sora's hallucinations), I got to thinking of the part in the game when DI was destroyed. Sora went into the hidden are (I forget exactly what it was called) and saw Kairi there. She said, in a very sleepy sounding tone, "Sora..." Wind gusted from the door behind her, and she flew right through Sora. Is this when there hearts connected? Even if I'm wrong, could I get some explanation of that whole ordeal, including why that door connecting them to the other door opened in the first place? I think young Xehanort explains in DDD, but his explanations are far too confusing to understand. :) Thanks everyone.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yeah, try and ignore whatever Young Xehanort says. There's a reason he's called Trollanort, after all.

So, the Secret Place is where DI's Keyhole is located, on a door with no handle. That door burst open because at that very moment, the Heartless got to the world's core, so apparently a massive wave of darkness was unleashed as the world's heart started to die. And yes, the moment where Kairi phased through Sora was when her heart left her body and hid in his.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Hi everyone. I haven't been on the forum for quite some time, but I'm back, hoping to get some understanding of the scene we all know and love. After reading a thread below (the epiphany of Sora's hallucinations), I got to thinking of the part in the game when DI was destroyed. Sora went into the hidden are (I forget exactly what it was called) and saw Kairi there. She said, in a very sleepy sounding tone, "Sora..." Wind gusted from the door behind her, and she flew right through Sora. Is this when there hearts connected? Even if I'm wrong, could I get some explanation of that whole ordeal, including why that door connecting them to the other door opened in the first place? I think young Xehanort explains in DDD, but his explanations are far too confusing to understand. :) Thanks everyone.

That door had already been opened by Riku, it's symbolic of him opening the heart of the world to the Heartless who then destroyed it. Kairi flies through Sora, and that is indeed when her heart makes contact with his and stays in his his body.

Yeah, try and ignore whatever Young Xehanort says. There's a reason he's called Trollanort, after all.
Young Xehanort doesn't lie to Sora in 3D? He explains the rules of time travel and why they were watching Sora, and that scene at the door explains how he got into the realm of Sleep. He knew Sora and Riku would be there because Xehanort is the one who sent Kairi to Destiny Islands. That's why Sora was like how did you know? and then BOOM. May not a good idea to tell a confused player to ignore the main source of information in 3D

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Young Xehanort doesn't lie to Sora in 3D? He explains the rules of time travel and why they were watching Sora, and that scene at the door explains how he got into the realm of Sleep. He knew Sora and Riku would be there because Xehanort is the one who sent Kairi to Destiny Islands. That's why Sora was like how did you know? and then BOOM. May not a good idea to tell a confused player to ignore the main source of information in 3D

... Huh. Guess I learned something new today. Now I feel dumb for not catching onto that in the first place...

Rosebudx

Awards
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Kairi was just standing there, watching the heart of the world die? Was she using her PoH powers to try and stop things from crashing down or just progressing the plot for the plot's sake or what?

WastedPenguin

Awards
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Kairi was just standing there, watching the heart of the world die? Was she using her PoH powers to try and stop things from crashing down or just progressing the plot for the plot's sake or what?

It was because Rikus actions during KH1 were heavily influenced by Xehanort. As we know Xehanort's goal in KH1 was to gather the Princesses into one place to open the door to Kingdom Hearts/Door to darkness. Riku/Xehanort used some kind of spell on Kairi which left her in a hypnotized state so he can easily get her back to Hollow Bastion.
If i am wrong please correct me because i havent played KH1 for a while.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It was because Rikus actions during KH1 were heavily influenced by Xehanort. As we know Xehanort's goal in KH1 was to gather the Princesses into one place to open the door to Kingdom Hearts/Door to darkness. Riku/Xehanort used some kind of spell on Kairi which left her in a hypnotized state so he can easily get her back to Hollow Bastion.
If i am wrong please correct me because i havent played KH1 for a while.

Yeah, no, that's not right.
Riku had no idea where Kairi was or what she was doing. That's why she ended up in another world and that Riku and Maleficent had to go looking for her. Xehanort didn't take over Riku's body until the last act of the game.

It's really heavily implied that Kairi went to the secret place sensing the Darkness coming from the Keyhole. Kairi can hold back Darkness, as you've pointed out. When Sora arrives she seems exhausted, and the second she breaks her focus and falls to fatigue the Darkness floods the islands.

Rosebudx

Awards
Yeah, no, that's not right.
Riku had no idea where Kairi was or what she was doing. That's why she ended up in another world and that Riku and Maleficent had to go looking for her. Xehanort didn't take over Riku's body until the last act of the game.

It's really heavily implied that Kairi went to the secret place sensing the Darkness coming from the Keyhole. Kairi can hold back Darkness, as you've pointed out. When Sora arrives she seems exhausted, and the second she breaks her focus and falls to fatigue the Darkness floods the islands.

Okay, that's about what I had thought. Thanks for the confirmation, Tinny! :D

Hovhannes1998

Wow! After playing KH1 for 10 years, you would have thought that I would be pretty familiar, but I just now put the pieces together. Black Osprey, the first time I played DDD I eventually had to do exactly what you said (ignoring Young Xehanort) and hope I could find a summary of the details later. I remember reading another thread explaining how confusing introducing the time travel aspect was.

Veritas7340

When Kairi passed through Sora, her heart hid within Sora's, but what happened to her body?

Was this the moment when Namine was born?

I ask this because it seems related to the OP.

As for the OP directly, what others have said is correct. As a Princess of Heart, Kairi was instinctively drawn to hold back the darkness from consuming the world. Hence, the exhaustion and trance.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
When Kairi passed through Sora, her heart hid within Sora's, but what happened to her body?

Was this the moment when Namine was born?

I ask this because it seems related to the OP.

As for the OP directly, what others have said is correct. As a Princess of Heart, Kairi was instinctively drawn to hold back the darkness from consuming the world. Hence, the exhaustion and trance.

Her body left DI and either just started flowing in between worlds or more probable, landed in a world like Sora's did and the body stayed there till Maleficent found her. Namine was born when Sora stabbed his heart because that's when Kairi's heart left a body.

Edit: I forgot to add that Kairi couldn't make a heartless/couldn't leave behind a body for Namine (it's one of those 2 just forgot which) the first time she lost her heart at DI so that's why no Namine.

Veritas7340

Her body left DI and either just started flowing in between worlds or more probable, landed in a world like Sora's did and the body stayed there till Maleficent found her. Namine was born when Sora stabbed his heart because that's when Kairi's heart left a body.

Oh right, I forgot that Maleficent found her body.

Nevertheless, this does not make sense. Why is Namine born when Kairi's heart leaves Sora body, but Namine is not born when Kairi's heart leaves her own body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back