• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2.9 Listed on LinkedIn Profile & Possible New Kingdom Hearts 3 Information

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It has been discovered on the LinkedIn profile of a Square Enix staff member currently working in Osaka, Japan that there may possibly be a title called Kingdom Hearts 2.9 currently in the works for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. On their profile, it also mentions their work on Kingdom Hearts 3 where they serve mainly as the main scenario planner for two worlds in the game and also have various other jobs related to the game.

Their portfolio website also lists Kingdom Hearts 3 as one of their current projects as well. 

It should be noted that this is not the first time Kingdom Hearts 2.9 has been seen before, as it was shown on Square Enix Presents' E3 2015 schedule right on the showroom floor, but was later removed and the mysterious title remained unmentioned during the event. The staff member's profile also shows that there may be Pixar worlds, Gummi Ships, and a multiplayer mode in Kingdom Hearts 3.

You can view their duties for Kingdom Hearts 2.9 and Kingdom Hearts 3 below: 

“Kingdom Hearts 2.9” (PS3, PS4) Development (10 Months)

• Game idea planning and documentation
  • Game check and balance
  • Boss planning
  • Attraction Flow planning and documentation

“Kingdom Hearts III” (PS4, Xbox One) Development (10 Months)

• Original level planning, documentation and execution for 2 worlds 

including enemy, item, secrets and event management

• Mockup creation of 3 worlds including temporary asset creation
  • Game idea planning and documentation
  • Game check and balance
  • Enemy planning and documentation
  • Gummi Ship system planning and documentation
  • Multiplayer planning and documentation
  • Attraction Flow planning and documentation
  • Main scenario planning for 2 worlds
  • Various in-game dialogue writing
  • Translation and interpretation of contact between involved English and Japanese parties including Disney and Pixar
  • Publicity video recording and editing
  • Communication with outsourced companies
  • Holding meetings with Disney and Pixar
  • Team management, meeting management and proceeding recordings

What could the mysterious Kingdom Hearts 2.9 possibly be and why would it have Attraction Flow in it? Leave your guesses on what this game could be on our forums!

Source: KH13

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
if this truei i'l admit that nomura fool of no plans for kh remixes and if this rue kh3 will pixar world confrim

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(So I'm at work, but I just wanted to say that it is a ute invasion of privacy to browse people's LinkedIn to report news but sing their portfolio isn't~)

*chants quietly* 1.5 + 2.5 + KH3D + KH3 Prologue. Best be believin'

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Dear God, please let this be real and be announced at TGS and include Dream Drop Distance. Square does have a "secret" game in their TGS lineup. Could it be 2.9?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
It's the Final Fantasy Type-0 model: DDD HD + Kingdom Hearts III demo.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Whaaat?!

So, I'm assuming that this "KH 2.9" is separate from "KH ?". It could be a DDD remaster with Attraction Flow that will be released with KH3 Final Mix or something like that. I don't know. there's not enough to go off here. Who knows, maybe it could be something no one even thought of.

Or maybe it was something of a tech demo for III. Or an actual demo that people will be able to play.

Anagram

Banned
*hoping for remix ports instead* *or at least ports with whatever they're making*

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Dear God, please let this be real and be announced at TGS and include Dream Drop Distance. Square does have a "secret" game in their TGS lineup. Could it be 2.9?
maybe or maybe not but the best place to annouced it in my opion is the kingdom hearts fan event in november however we n't know yet and maybe this is the plan he was talking about some way to indrouced kh to newcomers who hasn't played the remixes yet and want to jump in kh and play it

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It is weird how so many people conveniently forgot 2.9 was leaked at E3 (even though they didn't publicly reveal what it was).

I wish I could say I'm surprised by "omg new KH game" but I'm not :p

TinyZo

it will either be a comp of both REmixes plus extras (3D HD?), or a Ground Zeroes-esque prologue for KH3.

gotta say though, "2.9" would be an awful awful name for either type of game

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It is weird how so many people conveniently forgot 2.9 was leaked at E3 (even though they didn't publicly reveal what it was).

I wish I could say I'm surprised by "omg new KH game" but I'm not :p
some people and even me though it was a mistake or fake at the time but that what i guess if you trust square to much i guess right

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
yasss, i knew it... kingdom hearts 2.9 is real... ddd hd has to be 2.9... please don't be wrong OMG I CAN'T TAKE THIS GO SE GO SE, GO. GO SE, GO SE, GO. MY PLAYSTATION IS READY PLEASE DON'T FAIL ME NAO

/rant
i am cautiously optimistic about this. wonder what the multiplayer could be.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
it will either be a comp of both REmixes plus extras (3D HD?), or a Ground Zeroes-esque prologue for KH3.

gotta say though, "2.9" would be an awful awful name for either type of game
We got Three-Five-Eight-Days-Over-Two, I'm sure we'll survive.

TinyZo

We got Three-Five-Eight-Days-Over-Two, I'm sure we'll survive.

that at least had meaning. what possible meaning could they give for "2.9" other than that it takes place immediately before 3. and thats ONLY if its the prologue-esque game, not a compilation. your argument is certainly not quite the same

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
that at least had meaning. what possible meaning could they give for "2.9" other than that it takes place immediately before 3. and thats ONLY if its the prologue-esque game, not a compilation. your argument is certainly not quite the same
nomura: ground zeroes was taken. *laughs* i also really like numbers.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I first thought that the KH2.9 thing at E3 was some sort of joke. Now that is has appeared again, this might be something really interesting. Oh man, if we would get a port collection that has 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD HD, I would be happy man. Some sort of KHIII demo would also be awesome, but I don`t think that is gonna happen.
Oh also, new collection means possibility of new Nomura artwork! :) Ooh, I can`t wait. Maybe this is the secret title that was in Squares TGS line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back