• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Important interesting topic. Must read

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
is it good to be socially isolated? I mean for example that has no family of their own, and friends, yet an amazing worker, salary, and other stuff. Is it very well possible?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this is a pretty relative question dude. do you mean locking yourself away like a hermit or dealing with people when needed and preferring to be alone?

Awards
Yes. The world's full of imperfect people, if i live somewhere isolated like alaska with internet, and puppies. I'm set, and I'm almost 18 and working to move there.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
How isolated? Can you be more specific with the scenario? Despite what many people say online, some of us have breaking points when it comes to isolation.

Awards
How would you go about making a living and, say, getting groceries without having to see other people? And if you live with puppies, you'll be forced to interact with vets every so often, right?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Sorry for the random question here, but how distant are you from people?

Awards
Oh don't worry. For puppies, i changed my mind. I wanna live this lifestyle. If I'm alone, i won't be in the world we know today.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
You know, just because the world is full of imperfection and people that you don't understand doesn't mean you should turn your back on it. Yeah, people can be assholes and idiots, but there are some good ones here and there. I'm an introvert and not very sociable, but I still enjoy the company of my friends and sometimes even the flow of society.

You're not being very clear on what kind of isolation you're talking about here. First it was just social isolation, the "complete isolation, to the max." Does this mean you won't ever have to see another human, or will you simply not have to interact and deal with one?

Anyways, like it or not, since you're a human, you are an inherently social animal. People are known to go nuts when they're in absolute isolation. On a less extreme scale, you should at least have some acquaintances and/or friends. Speaking from my experiences as of late, there is a certain advantage to being in a community of some sort: they support you when you fall on hard times.

Also, if you're only 18, no, you're not going to get anything like an "amazing salary" unless you're a prodigy of some sort. I'm thinking your plan to book it to Alaska's gonna end with you alone and struggling to make a living in a very cold and distant place. Oh, and if you want a decent salary, you will probably have to deal with people. Sorry about that.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
4LCaaPz.gif

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Instead of going all gung ho why don't you take a week off. If you can handle that, try a month next. Some people need to interact with others in some capacity to keep sanity and a check on reality. I went one week without talking to someone in person and it was absolute hell for me.

But hey you do you.

Awards
You know, just because the world is full of imperfection and people that you don't understand doesn't mean you should turn your back on it. Yeah, people can be assholes and idiots, but there are some good ones here and there. I'm an introvert and not very sociable, but I still enjoy the company of my friends and sometimes even the flow of society.

You're not being very clear on what kind of isolation you're talking about here. First it was just social isolation, the "complete isolation, to the max." Does this mean you won't ever have to see another human, or will you simply not have to interact and deal with one?

Anyways, like it or not, since you're a human, you are an inherently social animal. People are known to go nuts when they're in absolute isolation. On a less extreme scale, you should at least have some acquaintances and/or friends. Speaking from my experiences as of late, there is a certain advantage to being in a community of some sort: they support you when you fall on hard times.

Also, if you're only 18, no, you're not going to get anything like an "amazing salary" unless you're a prodigy of some sort. I'm thinking your plan to book it to Alaska's gonna end with you alone and struggling to make a living in a very cold and distant place. Oh, and if you want a decent salary, you will probably have to deal with people. Sorry about that.

Well with the salary, i can do across the internet stuff. Or virtual currency. I know i will interact with people, but i mean as social isolation, not money or business wise.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Why would you need to go out of your way to do this?

Couldn't you just not interact with people? You don't need to take any extreme measures unless the goal is actually extreme.

Also, you're only 18. Might be good to ease off the throttle and be a little reflective and/or try things out of your comfort zone.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the more you explain the question the less i understand

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
How would you go about making a living and, say, getting groceries without having to see other people? And if you live with puppies, you'll be forced to interact with vets every so often, right?

Not if he hunts or lives off the land, but still that would require getting a hunter's permit and farming can be pretty difficult. I do interact with some people, but I am mostly locked away in my apartment on the internet with my cat, Mheetu at my side. However, talking to somebody on the internet isn't the same as talking to somebody in person. I read somewhere that being on the internet has impacted people's social skills. I don't know how much people will agree with me on this. All I have to say is that isolation would eventually have bad results.

I also have to ask, "Why are you asking about alienating yourself from everyone?" I don't mean to be offensive.

PS

I do also order stuff off of Ebay, it's somewhat better than buying from stores like Walmart or Target, where the merchadise is super expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back