• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Big Hero 6 confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Big Hero 6 was just confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3 at D23 Expo. Taking place after the events of the film, Sora and friends will go on grand adventures with Hiro and Baymax who, along with their companions, have been recognized as an official superhero team. Sora will even be able to ride Baymax!

Roy Conli, producer of Big Hero 6, announces the world in a special trailer:

Darkness will manipulate the body of the old Baymax left behind in the portal in the film, as depicted in the concept art shared at the panel, drawn by series artists.

Click to enlarge!

SoraForeverKH

Oh, sweet! I just knew they'd use that movie, and as soon as I saw the microdots, I could already see KH III potential. Sora actually riding along top them, likes shadow swarm or keyblades. Awesome! I am so excited, and seeing Sora riding on bay max... Totally cool!

kingsoraful

Awards
Color me shocked, I thought for sure it would be Frozen. This probably means a couple of worlds will be announced at D23 and Tokyo Game Show I'm assuming.

Frozen and probably a returning world will be among them.

I'm so hyped for this choice though. You know if they're gonna collaborate with this guy and use his movies then Treasure Planet is a very good possibility.

This game is supposed to have twice as many worlds as Kingdom Hearts II so we're easily looking at 20+.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I`m gonna be so disappointed if San Fransokyo is an empty barren wasteland like the previous worlds

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Everybody else listening Immortals really loud? :D
I am so happy about this reveal. BH6 was one my favorite Disney movies for a long time, and this is this was something I was dreaming for. I kinda found a connection to my inner Disney fan after a long time. I am also so glad that they are trying something new with the story, and it might be true what Nomura said on the interview, about connecting KH themes to the Disney worlds. And that concept art. I can imagine Sora flying high in the air, fighting the heartless and the new Org XIII. Also somebidy speculated that the empty body of Baymax could be vessel candidate for Xehanort.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The world is a pseudo sequel to the movie, that's unprecedented right?

kingsoraful

Awards
Why not go 3 for 3 and announce Treasure Planet, another movie this guy directed?

I'm thinking another world will be announced at TGS next month prob w/ trailer and in November we'll get the release date and another world revealed.

I'm sure we'll also get returning worlds announced as well.

This game is sizing up to be amazing.

We've got 4 worlds so far and I'm sure many more on the horizon since there will be twice as many worlds then in KH2.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I haven't watched this movie yet but i'm still excited to play in it just going by that artwork.

So two movies Roy has been involved in made it in...i wonder if that means there's a big chance for the last one.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I mean, kind of. Certainly to this scale. Halloween Town takes place after the events of the movie in the second game.

kingsoraful

Awards
I mean, kind of. Certainly to this scale. Halloween Town takes place after the events of the movie in the second game.

I would say moreso the first game followed an original storyline whereas the second one garnered inspiration from the movie canon. At least the first visit did.

where did you hear that?

They said it around the time of E3, twice as many worlds than in 2 and the scale will be much bigger. There won't be any going through doors fade to blacks. It will just be a gigantic world. We saw that in the E3 Trailer.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I haven't watched this movie yet but i'm still excited to play in it just going by that artwork.

So two movies Roy has been involved in made it in...i wonder if that means there's a big chance for the last one.

I'd hope so! Treasure Planet would be amazing~

kingsoraful

Awards
I'd hope so! Treasure Planet would be amazing~

I think it's definitely plausible we will see Treasure Planet because it seems this guy already has 2 of his 3 movies in the game.

Do you think the inclusion of Treasure Planet could potentially kill the chance of Neverland returning?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
They said it around the time of E3, twice as many worlds than in 2 and the scale will be much bigger. There won't be any going through doors fade to blacks. It will just be a gigantic world. We saw that in the E3 Trailer.
I definitely know the scale will be bigger, but in no interview I have found did they literally say that there would be twice as many worlds as KH2. The closest to such a statement I found was Nomura saying that currently the selected worlds was more than KH2, but he noted that many might be cut by the time the game releases for various reasons. That's a far cry from a hard confirmation that there will be twice as many worlds when the game ships (which, as a reminder, would mean like over 30 worlds, which is an insane workload for a next-gen game, likely meaning the quality of each world would suffer).

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
This is amazing news.

Also that guy looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much like Xehanort D:

kingsoraful

Awards
I definitely know the scale will be bigger, but in no interview I have found did they literally say that there would be twice as many worlds as KH2. The closest to such a statement I found was Nomura saying that currently the selected worlds was more than KH2, but he noted that many might be cut by the time the game releases for various reasons. That's a far cry from a hard confirmation that there will be twice as many worlds when the game ships (which, as a reminder, would mean like over 30 worlds, which is an insane workload for a next-gen game, likely meaning the quality of each world would suffer).

I'm estimating at least 20 +, that's more than enough.

BTW King Mickey and the Keyblade confirmed for Disney Infinity. Which likely means by 4.0 Sora will probably be in it. King Mickey is a skin given to D23 attendees and the Keyblade is the reward for unlocking all the characters and collecting them.

I'm hoping that if they do Treasure Planet they can also do POTC 2 and 3 in a combined world. I wouldn't mind Neverland not appearing if it meant we got at least 2 pirate themed worlds.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Everybody else listening Immortals really loud? :D

I know that I am! I watched the actual scene from the movie, and then went ahead and listened to the whole song after that.

OMG. Wouldn't it be so cool if Yoko Shimomura could do a rendition of that for the world, but... I'm getting way ahead of myself here, and it probably won't happen at all (as they'd have to get Fallout Boy's permission for that). It'd be sweet, though. It would make a great battle theme, too, I think.

Also, that concept art is just gorgeous. I know we're not seeing much of Sanfransokyo here, but I'm all ready sold on it!

KHIII sure is shaping up to be an amazing game... and I can only hope we'll see that art revealed released in high quality very soon;)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm estimating at least 20 +, that's more than enough.
tumblr_nt1tr3uG4O1sidrvwo1_540.jpg

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I have to be honest, I'd rather have had any of TP&TF, Frozen, and WIR over the two new worlds they've announced, but I guess I'm excited in a way. At least I know Mt. Olympus will be coming.

I wonder if the world will be called "San Fransokyo" or "The City of San Fransokyo"?

Precursor Mar

Yeah boiiiiiiiii! Let's go Treasure Planet!

I've only seen bits and pieces of Big Hero 6 but I'm still pretty excited for it, and it's way better than any Marvel world. The thought of riding Baymax makes me wonder how big the world is going to be. And I'm really glad it's going to have an original story (and that Disney writes are actually helping Square do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back