• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pirates of the Caribbean

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Oh god, yes!

How many of you been to the Disney parks and experienced the ride?

I have, and it keeps changing every damn time I go there thanks to the ride trying to tie it in to the movies (kind if ironic now that I think about it).

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Begins Production - IGN

Plot synopsis:

Well not quite what I had in mind, with all the Will turner/Orlando Bloom rumors, but sounds good enough to me. Though I'm curious as to why Jack's down on his luck...didn't he practically have an armada of ships (albeit in bottles) at his disposal?

Also Geoffrey Rush and Kevin McNally are back as Barbossa and Gibbs.

I'm curious, too. Did those bottles of ships just disappear or were stolen before Jack could get a guy that could "do this?" *does the weird hand motion thing*

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i wasn't excited at all until i heard javier bardem's involvement as the bad guy because lord knows he fits the role well, now i'm hearing it might be a reboot, even better. only bad thing so far is the "oh no, the villain is also jack sparrow's nemesis who sat the first four films out!" but we'll see how it plays out.

doesn't sound like a bad kingdom hearts world plot either

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jack only had one Ship Bottle; The Black Pearl. And the movie ended before it was released from it's entrapment (because of the lack of a goat). So no crew, no ship, no fountain of youth, I can see why he'd be down on his luck.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jack only had one Ship Bottle; The Black Pearl. And the movie ended before it was released from it's entrapment (because of the lack of a goat). So no crew, no ship, no fountain of youth, I can see why he'd be down on his luck.

well at least they aren't going between movies with the events of last film not holding any weight in the current one *coughbarbosacough*

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
i wasn't excited at all until i heard javier bardem's involvement as the bad guy because lord knows he fits the role well, now i'm hearing it might be a reboot, even better. only bad thing so far is the "oh no, the villain is also jack sparrow's nemesis who sat the first four films out!" but we'll see how it plays out.

doesn't sound like a bad kingdom hearts world plot either

That's like that in almost every movie lol. Die Hard 3 is good example. I believe though, when they meant by reboot. They may use the "Dead" in some form; implying for the return of Will Turner. That's was the topic from the last page. William Turner will experience the pain exactly Davvy Jones.

Oh god, yes!

I have, and it keeps changing every damn time I go there thanks to the ride trying to tie it in to the movies (kind if ironic now that I think about it).

I'm curious, too. Did those bottles of ships just disappear or were stolen before Jack could get a guy that could "do this?" *does the weird hand motion thing*

The changes have been really minimal though. A Davy Jones Smokescreen and then a Black Beard Smokescreen. I prefer the Davy Jones one. They also added some mermaids visuals on the water and a corpse at the shore section. Not sure if the one from Disney Land is a lot different.

Didn't he also wanted to commandeer the Flying Dutchman but due to the circumstances, he sacrificed his need to save his friend?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Gibbs had the entire collection in a bag with him as he and Jack walk off in the sunset, off to release the Pearl from its bottle prison. And Barbossa had the Queen Anne's Revenge in his command and set sail for Tortuga.

Anagram

Banned
Maybe he's down on his luck because he can't get the Black Pearl out of the bottle? The description seems interesting enough.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Maybe he's down on his luck because he can't get the Black Pearl out of the bottle? The description seems interesting enough.

maybe gibbs destroyed it trying to clean it. i heard toothpicks are quite deadly, and who knows, mr. bardem might be jack's old nemesis from boarding school who became a dentist. (they tend to be evil, you know.)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
The changes have been really minimal though. A Davy Jones Smokescreen and then a Black Beard Smokescreen. I prefer the Davy Jones one. They also added some mermaids visuals on the water and a corpse at the shore section. Not sure if the one from Disney Land is a lot different.

Admittedly, I may have exaggerated a little bit, but there were some changes to the ride. For instance, Captain Barbossa was put in there on one of the ships a little more recently (by that, I mean about several years ago at the very least, I think he might have been in there longer). Jack also happens to be everywhere now (although admittedly, that's been that way since the release of the first movie IIRC). But yeah, the Davy Jones and Blackbeard smokescreens were the first things that came to my mind when typing that up (for the record, I prefer the Davy Jones screen as well).

I'm not entirely sure how it was when I last went to Disney Land seeing as I was only about four or five and still lived in California, but what I described was from Disney World (I currently live in Florida, so that's where I've gone since I was eleven).

But yeah, at the very least, the changes have been minimal so it's still the same ride for the most part. It just feels like a Final Mix version of the ride with some of the added content.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Admittedly, I may have exaggerated a little bit, but there were some changes to the ride. For instance, Captain Barbossa was put in there on one of the ships a little more recently (by that, I mean about several years ago at the very least, I think he might have been in there longer). Jack also happens to be everywhere now (although admittedly, that's been that way since the release of the first movie IIRC). But yeah, the Davy Jones and Blackbeard smokescreens were the first things that came to my mind when typing that up (for the record, I prefer the Davy Jones screen as well).

I'm not entirely sure how it was when I last went to Disney Land seeing as I was only about four or five and still lived in California, but what I described was from Disney World (I currently live in Florida, so that's where I've gone since I was eleven).

But yeah, at the very least, the changes have been minimal so it's still the same ride for the most part. It just feels like a Final Mix version of the ride with some of the added content.

Yeah, Jack Sparrow is now every where. That's what happens when you go to the parks too much lol. It feels old too quickly. I love going through the queue there and the pavilion smells great too.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
CDIkwVPWYAEkr5d.jpg-large.jpeg

"Captain Jack is back, and we're not letting him go.."

Wonder where he got his hat, can't tell if it's his old one =(

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
"Captain Jack is back, and we're not letting him go.."

Wonder where he got his hat, can't tell if it's his old one =(

Seeing that picture is oddly comforting. Like business as usual.

Sdog

Awards
My name is Johnny Depp... Aging is soooo lame so I decided; "Nah..."

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I have a question for you guys, at the end of World's End. Calypso finally gets released and then whole war starts on the Maelstrom. Even after everything she did to help Jack. Was she considered as an enemy then?

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I have a question for you guys, at the end of World's End. Calypso finally gets released and then whole war starts on the Maelstrom. Even after everything she did to help Jack. Was she considered as an enemy then?

She turned into the maelstrom as a way of showing her anger towards Davy Jones and all the Pirates. Basically being a neutral force. She was pissed at the pirates for imprisoning her but mad at Jones betraying her.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
She turned into the maelstrom as a way of showing her anger towards Davy Jones and all the Pirates. Basically being a neutral force. She was pissed at the pirates for imprisoning her but mad at Jones betraying her.

I would want to believe that. The reason why I asked because he did say in the end in front of her "His heart is yours" and once the battle began. Davy Jones even told to Cutler Becketts second hand that she wouldn't hurt them while seeing the giant whirlpool and rain.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
d23 is like e3 right in my childhood. only thing that would have been better is TRON III YOU PRICKS

Back