• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeHeatnix

Dash behind the big rock and spam strike raid until he ded

I ended up cheesing it. Not with Strike Raid, but with Ventus you can use Tornado and it'll take off half his health bar if done right.

I'm watching the Re:coded movie right now. They forgot to correct Sora's lipsync at the intro when he talks to Namine, which is hilarious.

EDIT: I finished it, oh GOD that was SO BORING. It was more boring than Days's movie. I know it probably wasn't meant to be watched in one sitting, but jesus. I know Days's movie skipped over a few important details, but Coded is almost completely unabridged. They could've trimmed out a LOT of unnecessary crap.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I realized something rather cool. I was visiting a friend a few weeks back, and she had the original PS2 copy of KH1. So while I was re experiencing my nostalgia, the movie started to play in the title screen(when you don`t push any buttons). The movie had an very familiar text. And Holy heck, that text was the same on which we see in Kairi`s letter in KH2! Dam that was awesome to find out.

TheSecretWielder

Might be a bit late to answer the question but I am enjoying it a bunch re-living my childhood memories when I was 7/8 is a blast, up until 2.5 I had never played birth by sleep and after finishing kh 2 critical yesterday I got stuck into birth by sleep today. I chose aqua as my first character to go through as and the experience was amazing I loved all the vanitas boss fights as they were fast and kept me on my toes, the command deck feature kept things fresh and stopped combat from becoming repetitive. I look forward to going through as terra or ventus to see how they play and how their story's go, not to mention the different bosses Il encounter. In short loving every second of 2.5.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I realized something rather cool. I was visiting a friend a few weeks back, and she had the original PS2 copy of KH1. So while I was re experiencing my nostalgia, the movie started to play in the title screen(when you don`t push any buttons). The movie had an very familiar text. And Holy heck, that text was the same on which we see in Kairi`s letter in KH2! Dam that was awesome to find out.

I remember having to help with folding the clothes the day I first saw that Attract Mode for the first game. It was sometime after the release of Chain of Memories on the GBA when my brother and I were were just folding with the title screen just being there. Then, when we saw it, we were just like, "WTF, this was on here the whole time?!" It was cool seeing it since we had recently beat the main story and were just tackling some of the Super Bosses so it felt more like a montage of what we had previously accomplished.

And yeah, I agree that the text being used in Kairi's letter was a really cool Call Back. :)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I remember having to help with folding the clothes the day I first saw that Attract Mode for the first game. It was sometime after the release of Chain of Memories on the GBA when my brother and I were were just folding with the title screen just being there. Then, when we saw it, we were just like, "WTF, this was on here the whole time?!" It was cool seeing it since we had recently beat the main story and were just tackling some of the Super Bosses so it felt more like a montage of what we had previously accomplished.

And yeah, I agree that the text being used in Kairi's letter was a really cool Call Back. :)

It was an hilarious moment. I freaked out when I saw the text and yelled:" My God! It is the same text! Nomura you genius!" While waving my hands like a lunatic. Two of my friends were there(who know only very little about KH), and they were really confused. :D

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
I know that this is technically the wrong thread, since this is on my PS2 copy, but...

Back in the day, when I played KHIIFM every single day, I decided to try out a Critical mode lvl 1 run. I remeber struggling for an entire day, with, first, the Dancer Nobodies and then Demyx in Hollow Bastion. And after finally defeating Demyx, I was not going to risk dying and having to fight him again, so I let the FF characters do most of the work in the following segment, until I hit a safe spot.
That was my prime in KH.
However, I then encountered Jafar, and the Experiment. I simply could not defeat those two bosses at lvl. 1, and after a few days of agonizing deaths, I gave up, made a back-up safe file, in case I ever felt like trying again, and continued my playthrough as a low level playthrough. That was the Summer of 2008.

A few weeks ago, I had finally mustered the strength to pick the playthrough up, and just play around a bit. Just for funsies I tried the Jafar battle, and I had reasonable amounts of fun, so I tried again, and I tried again, and again, and then I had defeated him. "Holy Shmokes!??!? I actually beat Jafar? Savesavesavesavesavesavesavesavesave!"
Then a few days later, I beat The Experiment. I was, and still am, overjoyed that I have overcome the obstacles that hindered my playthrough those 7 years ago, and now only two storyline bosses, whom I had trouble with on my low lvl playthrough, stand in my way for a completed game on lvl. 1.
Those two are:
Xemnas' Dragon: It was only a challenge on low lvl because you cannot heal the entire fight.
Roxas: He is simply a beast, but I did spent my entire Friday morning, just fighting him for fun, to get somewhat accustomed to his moves. Yes I have been playing the game since 2007, but on my regular lvl. 99 save file, I have never noticed his moves in the Data battle, and just gone Auto-Drive -> Limit Form whenever I get in Critical condition, and then I spam him with OP combo finishers. So I have never really learned how to deal with his moveset, so that is now my next step.

I have have very much enjoyed playing KHIIFM again recently, and the progress in lvl. 1 just makes me so much happier! \o/

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I was re-watching some of the cutscenes of KHIIFM, and I have never thought about it this before, but I think the Sora vs Roxas bit has one really cool thing. So Roxas comes from the dark portal, and attacks against Sora. He slams the Oblivion to Sora`s direction, and Sora blocks the blade. Both Roxas and Sora are using both of their hands. So now the cool part of is that you can see how much force Roxas puts behind that attack. Sora`s hands are shacking, and while Roxas slowly leans towards him, Sora`s back bends down.
tumblr_mb0mrsrNoq1rheorao4_400.gif

(The shot earlier is little bit better, but this was the only gif I found)

It is little thing, but I think it is really cool. It drives home the feeling how powerful your opponent really is.

Speaking about KH2FM, I manged to beat Data-Lexaeus and Data-Saix on LV1. Both were really fun fights, I they did not cause too much trouble. Their difficulty were just right in my opinion. Still I wasen`t able to defeat the Lingering Will... yet. I will get him someday thou!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Double post but this deserves it! I never thought I could beat the Data form of Larxene on LVI, but a few days I did it! Holy heck it was an intense and fun fight. In most of the fights you have at least some time to plan and think, but with Larxene you have to smash the buttons with high speed. Your thinking and reflexes must be fast, and dam it makes the fight intense. Larxene moves very fast and her lightning attacks are very brutal. After two hours of solid losing my face looked like this:

tumblr_n5dtq3Kxmw1s5mj91o5_400.jpg

Holy heck it felt good when I finally beat her. Next up is Data-Xemans. I manged to get to the second form, so the fight is possible for my skills. Lingering Will is still on the list too. I now get to his final phase pretty often, but screw up there. After watching some videos, I realized that you have to loop him differently in the last parts of the fight. Maybe after trying some new tactics I will finally beat him.

Oh, also beat Vanitas Lingering Spirit with Ven, without the Tornado tactic. I used the Surprise II finisher, and well timed physical attacks with the Lost Memory. I beat him only with Aqua on the PSP, so this is a step forward for me.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Good grief, Hemmo, if you were able to beat Data-Larxene at all, let alone on level 1, you should be able to beat Spamnas.

Speaking of which, Data-Xemnas is probably one of my favorite fights. Despite being a two-parter of what should be the hardest boss of the main story, he was the first data battle I defeated. Maybe it's because he's fairly slow-moving and easy to read, unlike lightning bruisers like Axel, Larxene or Roxas.

Oh god, the Roxas battles. That fight always walls me on the main storyline because that little bastard is easily a tougher boss than Xemnas. Then there's the Data battle, where stealing those Keyblades will result in a death sentence by a million light pillars, and dodging that stupid buzzsaw attack becomes a matter of sheer luck.

RoomKey

Kh2 Critical mode is a breeze. I've already beaten sephiroth and all the absent Org XIII. Now, all need is Terra and the data-Org XIII. Already beat Marluxia (which was a breeze aswell.)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Good grief, Hemmo, if you were able to beat Data-Larxene at all, let alone on level 1, you should be able to beat Spamnas.

Speaking of which, Data-Xemnas is probably one of my favorite fights. Despite being a two-parter of what should be the hardest boss of the main story, he was the first data battle I defeated. Maybe it's because he's fairly slow-moving and easy to read, unlike lightning bruisers like Axel, Larxene or Roxas.

Oh god, the Roxas battles. That fight always walls me on the main storyline because that little bastard is easily a tougher boss than Xemnas. Then there's the Data battle, where stealing those Keyblades will result in a death sentence by a million light pillars, and dodging that stupid buzzsaw attack becomes a matter of sheer luck.

Heh, lets hope my skills are enough. :)

Xemnas is one my favorite boss fights of the entire series. There is just this amazing feeling when your fighting a really tough bad guy with ethernal blades in a vacuum, with your best friend. Also in the 2.5 soundtrack, they managed to make the final phases music sound even more sadder. There is a... very melancholic and final feeling in the song, and it fits there perfectly. Even more perfectly when you learn stuff about Xemans past, and how he became to be.

Roxas is another really well done boss, and I think I have said this a few times already. He is like the Riku/Ansem fight from KH1. The buzzsaw attack can be avoided. Roxas starts using it after his desperation move. If you do two finisher attacks, he will counter the attack with the buzzsaw/strike raid thing. If you only keep doing one finisher at the end your combo, he won`t use that attack almost never. With that I was able to beat his Data form on LV1. The pros dodge that attack with Trinity Limit, but my reflexes aren`t fast enough to use that tactic.

I am terrified at the Vexen fight.. His desperation move is horrible.

Anagram

Banned
Wise idea probably. The only really new thing on 1.5 is KH1's final mix material.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I tried a level 1 run in KH 2.5. I really did try, I just can't deal with it. I got up into Beast Castle and I just can't mentally deal with this frustration of losing on 2 combo's :(

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I tried a level 1 run in KH 2.5. I really did try, I just can't deal with it. I got up into Beast Castle and I just can't mentally deal with this frustration of losing on 2 combo's :(

The whole reason why I've sworn off playing proud mode on KHII final mix ever again is because of the burning house level of Timeless River. God, the hours wasted on trying to beat this stage...

Arcadia

The whole reason why I've sworn off playing proud mode on KHII final mix ever again is because of the burning house level of Timeless River. God, the hours wasted on trying to beat this stage...

Try using Chicken Little. He draws enemies in ala magnet and his fireworks attack stuns.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Try using Chicken Little. He draws enemies in ala magnet and his fireworks attack stuns.

I actually read that online, and that's exactly what I did. But thanks for the advice, though! I am actually on the Twilight Town battle in the sandlot right now, so the timeless river one was a few days ago. Regardless, I don't want to do it again on proud mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back