• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What was Namine doing off screen in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Replaying kh 2 FM for a level 1 run, I remember when Riku let Naimine go, she said she had places she had to be. But throughout the rest of the game we don't see her until she rescues Kairi.

If you guys/gals don't recall before she leaves she looks at a drawing of Sora and Roxas so the implication was she was going to search for one or both of them, but that obviously didn't happen till the end. So idk but it seems like something writers added in the last second and forgot about it when they were getting at the end of development.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The implication was actually that she would search for her other self, being Kairi. The original reason Axel kidnaps Kairi is for Naminé. It's covered in the KH2 novels.

KH2 is full of holes in the most interesting characters stories, lol.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Replaying kh 2 FM for a level 1 run, I remember when Riku let Naimine go, she said she had places she had to be. But throughout the rest of the game we don't see her until she rescues Kairi.

If you guys/gals don't recall before she leaves she looks at a drawing of Sora and Roxas so the implication was she was going to search for one or both of them, but that obviously didn't happen till the end. So idk but it seems like something writers added in the last second and forgot about it when they were getting at the end of development.

SCOUR ALL THE INTERVIEWS. NO WAY A PLOT HOLE IN KHII COULD OCCUR. THERE MUST BE AN ANSWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The implication was actually that she would search for her other self, being Kairi. The original reason Axel kidnaps Kairi is for Naminé. It's covered in the KH2 novels.

KH2 is full of holes in the most interesting characters stories, lol.

Hmm so if I can understand this. Namine for whatever reason couldn't use the dark corridor to go to Destiny Island or she thought she needed to trap Kairi in order to explain to her everything and then Axel either plan to use Kairi to free Roxas somehow, or figured it out once he got Kairi that she can help him get what he wants too?

Thanks for the tidbit from the novel because I didn't know that, but you are right too many holes on these interesting side stories lol

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Hmm so if I can understand this. Namine for whatever reason couldn't use the dark corridor to go to Destiny Island or she thought she needed to trap Kairi in order to explain to her everything and then Axel either plan to use Kairi to free Roxas somehow, or figured it out once he got Kairi that she can help him get what he wants too?

Thanks for the tidbit from the novel because I didn't know that, but you are right too many holes on these interesting side stories lol
Naminé can use dark corridors. I never really read the novels, but I'm sure it was explained more in there. I can't remember if Axel getting Kairi was something that she requested for him to do or if it was something he just did, lol. But that was one of the motivations for it.

But yeah, basic point is that KH2 is a messsss.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Naminé can use dark corridors. I never really read the novels, but I'm sure it was explained more in there. I can't remember if Axel getting Kairi was something that she requested for him to do or if it was something he just did, lol. But that was one of the motivations for it.

But yeah, basic point is that KH2 is a messsss.

It's so weird because they write a scene specifically for Namine to mention she had things she wanted to do and then proceeds to go MIA for 98% of the game. She doesn't even have the excuse Mickey has of trying to gather information since she does jack squat to help out S/R/K in their troubles nor does she actively try to take down the Organization either.

My head cannon is basically she wants to meet Sora but is scared that will lead to the Org catching her and doing a repeat of COM again. But then I figure that can't be the reason because the organization is so incompetent that they probably don't even know Namine is alive never the less planning to catch her again.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's so weird because they write a scene specifically for Namine to mention she had things she wanted to do and then proceeds to go MIA for 98% of the game. She doesn't even have the excuse Mickey has of trying to gather information since she does jack squat to help out S/R/K in their troubles nor does she actively try to take down the Organization either.

My head cannon is basically she wants to meet Sora but is scared that will lead to the Org catching her and doing a repeat of COM again. But then I figure that can't be the reason because the organization is so incompetent that they probably don't even know Namine is alive never the less planning to catch her again.
Well consider that that scene wasn't even in the original KH2, lol. So originally they just had her completely disappear with absolutely no sign of her existence until the end world. At least this hinted that she was doing something lol.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Well consider that that scene wasn't even in the original KH2, lol. So originally they just had her completely disappear with absolutely no sign of her existence until the end world. At least this hinted that she was doing something lol.

'sigh' in a lot of ways, KHII was way more of a way to say "sorry for fucking up!" to the public by giving them the game they actually wanted rather than "adding more to the story" at points :/

Learning about Axel and Namine was nice, though. At least we found out something about her

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
KH2 is just a mess. They had no idea what they were doing. Hopefully they don't repeat it in KH3.

Actually, they've been keeping pretty tight plot-wise lately. Despite the backlash at 3D for the confusing plot elements and such, I thought it held together nicely, and was definitely the title I wanted next in the series. They haven't made anything as clueless as KHII (except, debatably, KH:Coded) yet, so I think KHIII will not disappoint on that aspect.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Actually, they've been keeping pretty tight plot-wise lately. Despite the backlash at 3D for the confusing plot elements and such, I thought it held together nicely, and was definitely the title I wanted next in the series. They haven't made anything as clueless as KHII (except, debatably, KH:Coded) yet, so I think KHIII will not disappoint on that aspect.
Oh yeah I definitely think the handheld titles hold together better, generally. THO TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU ON CODED. DAYS IS THE WORST OUT OF THE BUNCH. Days is the new KH2 as far as I'm concerned.

But I could also see them letting the scope of a console title get to them and overextending themselves. So I don't think KH3 is guaranteed to be free of the pitfalls of KH2 just yet. We'll have to see. I am more optimistic though, especially after KH3D.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly I think adding that scene into the FM version makes it worse for me lol. When I first play through the game I thought she just disappear when Roxas merged with Sora or she just went into hiding cause Riku was supposed to kill her or w/e, but now the writer felt the need to address her disappearance with her actually have goals, to never bringing it up until the last couple of scene in the game.

I mean she still had powers of Sora's memories so she could have helped from a far if the writers wanted to go that route like how Riku helped. I mean she really did want to BFF's with Sora from what we learn in COM so hey that would make sense for something to Namine to try to do. But actually, she went off the grid because off screen she worried about the organization who off screen knew Namine was alive and off screen plotted a plan to give us KH: COM 2: Electric Boogaloo.

What a mess lol

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
What a mess lol

What I say whenever my friend wants me to go over the rules of time travel again xD

But actually, she went off the grid because off screen she worried about the organization who off screen knew Namine was alive and off screen plotted a plan to give us KH: COM 2: Electric Boogaloo.

ELECTRIC BOOGALOO OMFG XD

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also I believe in the novels Namine basically follows Sora around, praying for his safety.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Also I believe in the novels Namine basically follows Sora around, praying for his safety.
instead of praying she should've just used her powers to make everyone become empty shells when they get in sora's way. baboom.

gotta be more proactive, nami.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

Huh well that's something. Mind you it seems like a very weird thing to do because Namine wanted to be friends with Sora or at least meet Kairi but at least it's something and not just vanish doing nothing for 98% of the game.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I read somewhere that she was hiding away and praying for Sora's safety. Then she felt Kairi coming closer to her and forgot about Sora and focused on meeting Kairi, but when she got closer to Kairi - her powers became lessened and that's why her prayers didn't work.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Didn't Namine say that if nobody remembers him, Sora would disappear?

No, just nobody would remember him. Namine wasn't just fixing his memories, but putting them in the correct place which in turn connected the hearts of the people he met. To put it simply, his memories connect him with other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back