• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Sword in the Stone - another live action film to fill the Tron 3-shaped void in your heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disney is revisiting its 1963 animated fantasy The Sword in the Stone, putting into development a live-action remake.

Brian Cogman, a writer-producer on HBO’s fantasy Game of Thrones, has been tapped to pen the script for the project, which will be produced by Brigham Taylor.

Stone, the final movie released before Walt Disney’s death, told of a young King Arthur who is being mentored by Merlin.

The feature is loosely based on the T.H. White’s novel of the same name, which later became part of White’s multi-book Arthurian fantasy The Once and Future King.

Taylor, a former production exec at Disney, is producing the studio’s live-action version of The Jungle Book, Jon Favreau’s remake of its 1967 animated movie.

Cogman has already demonstrated an affinity for the Medieval fantasy genre. His work on Thrones has seen him nominated for WGA Awards four times and he is currently working on adapting the fantasy card game Magic: The Gathering for Fox. He also adapted YA fantasy The False Prince for Paramount.

He is repped by UTA, Management 360 and Hansen Jacobson.

'Sword in the Stone' Live-Action Remake in the Works With 'Game of Thrones' Writer (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

Thanks to Sign for finding this ;A;

At least this isn't such a bad choice for a live-action adaption, and the names behind it are solid. Still, I'm sensing live-action fatigue in our futures.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow, what is it with Disney and starting live-action productions nowadays? Unlike the past two, this one sounds like a good idea.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd rant, but I'd just be repeating myself at this point.

Well it could be worse. I'm suprised this is getting the live action treatment. I always thought The Sword and The Stone was an underrated disney film

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd rant, but I'd just be repeating myself at this point.

Well it could be worse. I'm suprised this is getting the live action treatment. I always thought The Sword and The Stone was an underrated disney film
Same here. I guess it's time for it to get the attention it deserves with this live-action film.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I think you guys may want to condemn me as it was I that wished for this movie to become a live-action movie. Can't wait to see Merlin.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I like the idea of a Sword in the Stone live-action movie but...

72071-Louis-CK-frustration-reaction-iLM2.gif

Finish the gazillion movies you've announced already first before making new announcements every other week. I swear, Disney is becoming way too confident and, with original properties, Marvel and Star Wars, they basically own all the major blockbuster movies for the upcoming years. This company needs major competition, and fast.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think you guys may want to condemn me as it was I that wished for this movie to become a live-action movie. Can't wait to see Merlin.

Nah, nobody is gonna hate you xD It's definitely a good choice for a live action, but when they've got literally a million of them in production, you have to wonder when this will end and how many of these will be as successful as Disney expects them to be.

Rather than trying to do it all and cancel things people want along the way, why not cherry pick the worthwhile stuff and do what people want.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I swear, the guys in charge are announcing these just to have a reason to grab some popcorn while browsing the web.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
So, any predictions for the next live action announcement. This train ain't stopping just yet
Arthur will be older than he looks.

Merlin will look like a badass wizard.

Mim will look younger than she is.

And Excalibur will be designed by professionals.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
So, any predictions for the next live action announcement. This train ain't stopping just yet
Darn, I think I misinterpreted what you said.

Oh well, live-action Frozen..... In 75 years.....

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Really excited about this, to be honest, as I've always adored this story (and I'm loving all the live action versions of the old, animated Disney movies lately), but the thread title about this replacing Tron 3 just broke my heart. Thanks a lot for that, guys. XD

If only we could get both of them... -le sigh-

But, yeah: I'm excited about this. A story mostly about friendship and training? Sign me up, please! :D

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I just want to swear.

I mean, I'm not refuting the talent on the project, but for Christ's sake.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Fucks sake Disney, calm yourself. Of all these live actions retreads, I think this could have most potential. But still. Just gives us Tron 3. Please. Just who do I have to talk to, to knock some sense back into them?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, nobody is gonna hate you xD It's definitely a good choice for a live action, but when they've got literally a million of them in production, you have to wonder when this will end and how many of these will be as successful as Disney expects them to be.

Rather than trying to do it all and cancel things people want along the way, why not cherry pick the worthwhile stuff and do what people want.

As we both know that Disney is a global empire. There's nothing going to stop them lol. They're going to continue as long as they are making money. Which at this rate they're probably the top production studio movie company today! And all that is thanks to their recent purchases and confidence that went up the roof.

Wait until they start doing sequels to these live action movies. I believe the first rumored one was Maleficent 2 and so on it'll be.

Live action The Little Mermaid

Live action Winne the Pooh. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back