• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hidden Memories cutscene: Why was it so important for only a data version of Sora to learn the truth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraForeverKH

Naminé went through all the trouble of making it so the hidden memories inside Sora's heart would get discovered, but why would she choose to make it all out of data in Jiminy's Journal? I am currently trying to figure this out. I understand that she did it as a safety warning for Sora and those close to him, being as dangerous as they are, but I am wondering in what way did that help the real Sora, who was never involved in the game's mystery message solving.
Some of my theories that I've been able to gather so far are:
Because of the strong connection between Sora and the journal, rendering it into data was also somehow able to affect the real Sora. Like how HIS memories affected the journal in CoM, could it have been vice versa this time around?
Was it to inform someone close to Sora so they would be able to explain everything to him when the time comes, to prevent the young hero from having to go through all the frustrations in not knowing?
Will it be like, when King Mickey finally fills Sora in about the message the proper way, will that also connect the pieces to Sora, and ultimately cause him and Data Sora to share a strong tie to each other, passing all the datà version's memories and emotions to the original persona?
Those are a few of my many theories. What do some of you think about this topic? I know it must have a big role playing for the finale of the Xehanort saga, so I think it'll be mentioned again the KH III.
What are your ideas, to basically touch base on the whole main story and reason for KH Re:coded?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The whole issue is indeed quite a mess as Mickey promised Naminé to fill the other Sora ("real" Sora is not really a correct term as Data-Sora is also real and has an own heart) in on the whole situation during the ending of Re: Coded, but didn't do so thoroughly enough as of now.
Depending on how you look at it, it is either bitter irony or just again bad scenario writing as the dangers about the hurt Data-Naminé warned in Re: Coded about were exactly what Xehanort preyed upon in Dream Drop Distance in order to weaken Sora enough so he could be made his thirteenth vessel.
The whole events of DDD would have been played out much differently or could have been even prevented if the other Sora got to know the whole impact of Coded just like Data-Sora already does.

Since we do not have an explanation for it, we can only speculate on why Mickey didn't fill Sora in completely when they met again (as the letter he wrote only barely scratches the surface of everything Sora needs to know).
Perhaps Mickey intended to fill Sora in on everything after the MoM-exam was over and done with, as neither he nor Yen Sid expected for Xehanort to interfere with the exam itself.

Xeyril

My impression was that Mickey explained the whole thing in his letter, but we only got to hear the introduction of that letter at the end of coded. In blank points,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My impression was that Mickey explained the whole thing in his letter, but we only got to hear the introduction of that letter at the end of coded. In blank points,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Not really. All we hear is all we got:

I wanted to tell you right away,
About memories from the past that sleep within you,
And about the pieces that will tie you to your future.

Sora, Riku, Kairi,
the truth behind the Keyblade,
has found its way through so many people,
and now I know that it rests in your hearts.

Sora,
you are who you are because of those people, but they're hurting,
and you're the only one who can end their sadness. They need you.
It's possible that all your journeys so far,
have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you.

I should have known there were no coincidences, only links in a much larger chain of events.
And now the door to your next journey is ready to be opened.
-Mickey

He didn't even bother warning Sora. Just told him there are people in need, things to be done, but nothing about "if you try to heal the "hurting", you're gonna be vulnerable and feel the same pain so do it when you are in a safe place and situation."

SoraForeverKH

"My impression was that Mickey explained the whole thing in his letter, but we only got to hear the introduction of that letter at the end of coded. In blank points, Spoiler: BBS secret movie spoilers"

No, I don't know... I think what we got out of his letter was all that he'd written by the king. Not much more could've fit,and besides, Sora wouldn't have been so easily manipulated if he understood a bit of what Xemnas and Y. Xehanort were saying to him in the dream worlds in DDD.

"Originally Posted by Xeyril My impression was that Mickey explained the whole thing in his letter, but we only got to hear the introduction of that letter at the end of coded. In blank points,
Spoiler: BBS secret movie spoilersShow
Not really. All we hear is all we got:

I wanted to tell you right away,
About memories from the past that sleep within you,
And about the pieces that will tie you to your future.

Sora, Riku, Kairi,
the truth behind the Keyblade,
has found its way through so many people,
and now I know that it rests in your hearts.

Sora,
you are who you are because of those people, but they're hurting,
and you're the only one who can end their sadness. They need you.
It's possible that all your journeys so far,
have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you.

I should have known there were no coincidences, only links in a much larger chain of events.
And now the door to your next journey is ready to be opened.
-Mickey
He didn't even bother warning Sora. Just told him there are people in need, things to be done, but nothing about "if you try to heal the "hurting", you're gonna be vulnerable and feel the same pain so do it when you are in a safe place and situation.

Yeah, maybe the king wanting to say too much then for a couple of reasons... One, he couldn't fit all of it in that letter, or two, he was afraid if Sora knew any more he would try to awaken them, despite if it's during the proper time or not. But, yeah, that knowledge REALLY would've prevented a lot of trouble in DDD if Sora had known a little more of the details than he had.

"Here'ss=Sephiroth0812;6285579]The whole issue is indeed quite a mess as Mickey promised Naminé to fill the other Sora ("real" Sora is not really a correct term as Data-Sora is also real and has an own heart) in on the whole situation during the ending of Re: Coded, but didn't do so thoroughly enough as of now.
Depending on how you look at it, it is either bitter irony or just again bad scenario writing as the danger the hurt Data-Naminé warned in Re: Coded about were exactly what Xehanort preyed upon in Dream Drop Distance in order to weaken Sora enough so he could be made his thirteenth vessel.
The whole events of DDD would have been played out much differently or could have been even prevented if the other Sora got to know the whole impact of Coded just like Data-Sora already does.

Since we do not have an explanation for it, we can only speculate on why Mickey didn't fill Sora in completely when they met again (as the letter he wrote only barely scratches the surface of everything Sora needs to know).
Perhaps Mickey intended to fill Sora in on everything after the MoM-exam was over and done with, as neither he nor Yen Sid expected for Xehanort to interfere with the exam itself.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's true. And it's not THAT far from how Mickey does things, he usually is pretty slow on giving required information, and seems to forget to mention important details.
Here's something from Re:coded: while Data Riku's in Disney Castle from Datascape, they suddenly hear alarms going off and Riku tells them it's a hacker. It was comfirmed that Pete cut the link to the real World, but did that also mean he was the hacker, too? Until the cinema for Re:coded was made in 2.5 I never caught onto who cut the link, and my later guess was Xehanort, or someone with relation to him was hacking into the datascape's secrets. That would explain why M. Xehanort has this information in DDD, right? But, I suppose Maleficent could've just as easily passed on anything she discovered inside to him. I guess how Xehanort is able to know even Sora's deepest hidden secrets...that's another mystery.
You say Data Sora ACTUALLY gained a real heart of his own? I was trying to follow when Mickey started telling himnabout his new power and stuff, but I wasn't absolutely sure about him having a heart. If Xehanort knows so much, then why couldn't he belive data can hold hearts, as he stated it couldn't clearly in the Grid to Sora in DDD. Was this passed something his understanding could grasp, or was he trying to be deceicive there?

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
He didn't even bother warning Sora. Just told him there are people in need, things to be done, but nothing about "if you try to heal the "hurting", you're gonna be vulnerable and feel the same pain so do it when you are in a safe place and situation."

Yeah, when I looked back on Re:Coded after playing DDD, it did kind of bother me that 1) Data Sora was able to handle this sort of thing without bad things happening and 2) Mickey never mentioned the very caustic nature of those bad memories to Real-life Sora.

It could very well be a result of the story crew overlooking those details, but I'm gonna try and give some reasons anyways.

So, why did Data Sora have to learn about those memories? I believe it was more than just a way to make those memories' owners known, but kind of a... hm, tech demo to make sure Real Sora would be able to handle all that nastiness without dying from the inside out.

Okay, so why did that end up happening anyways in DDD? I figure with Re:Coded, D-Sora was able to handle it much better because he'd just gone through an entire Castle Oblivion scenario that kind of "trained" him for the pain. Moreover, when he got those memories, it wasn't intentionally being used to try and kill him, plus he had Mickey to help share the pain. Basically, D-Sora was better prepared for it; Real Sora was not.

So why did Mickey not elaborate on the very dangerous nature of those memories? Perhaps he didn't (for good reason) assume that this MoM was going to involve those memories. And he would have been right. So far, those memories have been stuck in Sora, some for almost all his life, and they hadn't really caused any big problems.

Besides, they could have warned Sora all they wanted about the memories, but that's not going to change just how gut-wrenching they'll be when he stumbles upon them somehow. And it also changes nothing if they surface without any intention on Sora's part.

Again, Real Sora wasn't purposefully dredging up those memories himself. Some creeps in coats got him stuck in a dream where they kind of came to him via the subconscious, whether he actually wanted their memories or not. That Data version could handle it, yes, but it was a pretty different scenario. This all happened when they didn't expect it, during the MoM... and even then, they also probably didn't account for Sora getting trapped in an Inception-style multilayered dream, where things that normally would never surface could run rampant.

tl;dr: whether he had the heads-up about caustic memories or not, Sora just really wasn't ready for them at that point.

If Xehanort knows so much, then why couldn't he believe data can hold hearts, as he stated it couldn't clearly in the Grid to Sora in DDD. Was this passed something his understanding could grasp, or was he trying to be deceive there?

Considering that this is Xemnas who claimed this (same guy who was actively deceiving the other Nobodies about hearts growing ex nihilo), it's highly likely that he was just saying this to mess with Sora's head. Besides, this claim was quickly refuted by Rinzler's actions after fighting Sora (pushing him out of the way of an attack and reaching for his hand).

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
*coughs* Reminds me of Eraqus not telling Aqua that it's kinda more important to bring Ventus back than to look after Terra. *coughs*

I'd just agree that Micky underestimated the power of Xehanort and thought the rest of the information could wait until the end of the MoM. :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was comfirmed that Pete cut the link to the real World, but did that also mean he was the hacker, too?

The fact of the matter was that there was no hacker. It was just Sora's Heartless that had been diddlying up with the data as the source of all Heartless in the journal.

Until the cinema for Re:coded was made in 2.5 I never caught onto who cut the link, and my later guess was Xehanort, or someone with relation to him was hacking into the datascape's secrets. That would explain why M. Xehanort has this information in DDD, right? But, I suppose Maleficent could've just as easily passed on anything she discovered inside to him. I guess how Xehanort is able to know even Sora's deepest hidden secrets...that's another mystery.

For once, Xehanort had nothing to do with the events of a game beyond indirect consequences of his actions.

Maleficent wouldn't give Xehanort information like that when there would be no benefit to it. He'd only use her then stab her in the back. Maleficent isn't so stupid to let something like that happen again. Her goals and Xehanort's do not align, anyways.

You say Data Sora ACTUALLY gained a real heart of his own? I was trying to follow when Mickey started telling himnabout his new power and stuff, but I wasn't absolutely sure about him having a heart. If Xehanort knows so much, then why couldn't he belive data can hold hearts, as he stated it couldn't clearly in the Grid to Sora in DDD. Was this passed something his understanding could grasp, or was he trying to be deceicive there?

Days and Re:coded are both about how non-natural beings can grow hearts and become "real", and KH3D confirms it. Data Sora and even Data Riku gained a heart because of their interactions with each other and those with hearts (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Jiminy). As Xemnas and Ansem the Wise explain in KH3D, through fostering and nurturing relationships, a heart will grow and by recognizing their existence, they exist in their consequence.

Kind of like "I think, therefore I am".

Yes, he was trying to be deceptive. Sora cottons in on the truth eventually, but Xemnas was just trying to confuse Sora and make him doubt himself in hopes of pushing him towards the Darkness. (Also, in some ways he was also teasing Sora because he still didn't understand it) As Xigbar and Young Xehanort note, they didn't even have to try because Sora eventually does it on his own when he starts going through the "hurt" of everybody connected to him.

It should be noted that one of Xehanort's character flaws is his disbelief in the power that strong bonds create, though. He sees strength in the negative aspects of the heart, like anger and rage, so when data beings or even puppets are shown to have hearts due to the growing connections they have, he sees it as inconsequential, negligible, and perhaps a nuisance unless they benefit his plans.

Yeah, when I looked back on Re:Coded after playing DDD, it did kind of bother me that 1) Data Sora was able to handle this sort of thing without bad things happening and 2) Mickey never mentioned the very caustic nature of those bad memories to Real-life Sora.

It could very well be a result of the story crew overlooking those details, but I'm gonna try and give some reasons anyways.

So, why did Data Sora have to learn about those memories? I believe it was more than just a way to make those memories' owners known, but kind of a... hm, tech demo to make sure Real Sora would be able to handle all that nastiness without dying from the inside out.

Okay, so why did that end up happening anyways in DDD? I figure with Re:Coded, D-Sora was able to handle it much better because he'd just gone through an entire Castle Oblivion scenario that kind of "trained" him for the pain. Moreover, when he got those memories, it wasn't intentionally being used to try and kill him, plus he had Mickey to help share the pain. Basically, D-Sora was better prepared for it; Real Sora was not.

So why did Mickey not elaborate on the very dangerous nature of those memories? Perhaps he didn't (for good reason) assume that this MoM was going to involve those memories. And he would have been right. So far, those memories have been stuck in Sora, some for almost all his life, and they hadn't really caused any big problems.

Besides, they could have warned Sora all they wanted about the memories, but that's not going to change just how gut-wrenching they'll be when he stumbles upon them somehow. And it also changes nothing if they surface without any intention on Sora's part.

Again, Real Sora wasn't purposefully dredging up those memories himself. Some creeps in coats got him stuck in a dream where they kind of came to him via the subconscious, whether he actually wanted their memories or not. That Data version could handle it, yes, but it was a pretty different scenario. This all happened when they didn't expect it, during the MoM... and even then, they also probably didn't account for Sora getting trapped in an Inception-style multilayered dream, where things that normally would never surface could run rampant.

tl;dr: whether he had the heads-up about caustic memories or not, Sora just really wasn't ready for them at that point.

Pretty much! I like this look into Mickey's reasoning. I still think that Sora could have at least been more aware by knowing, rather than having blindly followed the rabbit without thinking of why he was doing it. It might not have stopped him from doing it, or even help him be able to take on the pain, but at least he would have understood what was happening to him.

*coughs* Reminds me of Eraqus not telling Aqua that it's kinda more important to bring Ventus back than to look after Terra. *coughs*

I'd just agree that Micky underestimated the power of Xehanort and thought the rest of the information could wait until the end of the MoM. :(

I don't think Eraqus really believed that Xehanort was going to follow through with his plans. He was always too trusting of Xehanort despite the man never giving him reason to do so.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't think Eraqus really believed that Xehanort was going to follow through with his plans. He was always too trusting of Xehanort despite the man never giving him reason to do so.

That may be, but even without Xehanort, Ventus was a "threat" and Eraqus knew that. Wasn't that why Ven wasn't allowed to leave in the first place?
By the way, did Eraqus know about Vanitas? I'm just curious on that one.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That may be, but even without Xehanort, Ventus was a "threat" and Eraqus knew that. Wasn't that why Ven wasn't allowed to leave in the first place?

I can't quite remember. I believe that Xehanort did tell him a half-truth about the circumstances of Ven's state when he brought him to the Land of Departure. Otherwise, he would not have had a reason to freak out about Ventus going out and possibly forging an X-Blade.

Eraqus probably assumed that if Ventus' darkness no longer resides in him, it probably had taken form somewhere else. Details, such as appearance, and abilities to summon Unversed and a Keyblade, were probably unknown to him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Eraqus wanted protect him from danger because he cared deeply for Ven.

His lack of knowing Xehanort was finally initiating his plans made him more...lenient than he usually would have been.

Eraqus did not seem aware of Vanitas. If he had been, Ven certainly wouldn't have gotten far from LoD.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

His lack of knowing Xehanort was finally initiating his plans made him more...lenient than he usually would have been.

Eraqus did not seem aware of Vanitas. If he had been, Ven certainly wouldn't have gotten far from LoD.

That doesn't explain why Eraqus tried to seal Ven's heart away (ie kill him) when Ven found out about the whole X-Blade plot. He stated this was to prevent the thing from being created, as it "has no place in this world."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That doesn't explain why Eraqus tried to seal Ven's heart away (ie kill him) when Ven found out about the whole X-Blade plot. He stated this was to prevent the thing from being created, as it "has no place in this world."

And it doesn't. It has only brought sorrow to those who seek it out, and nearly destroyed the universe the last time anybody attempted to create it.

Eraqus explains it himself. He was "blinded by the light" in that moment when he learned Ven knew the truth. He was so adamant in stopping the X-blade from being created because he knew the exact result that would occur once it happened, he was willing to have Ven's proverbial blood on his hands if it meant saving the worlds. That doesn't change the fact he tried his very best to protect Ven and loved him like a son.

He made an erroneous, hasty judgement because of his self-righteous views on light and dark, though. All of Birth By Sleep is one big lesson in why people shouldn't jump to conclusions or be hasty.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm. Maybe Eraqus was also so afraid of the X-Blade to be forged, because his and Xehanorts Master kept telling them how horrifying the Keyblade War was? It seems that their Master loved to tell that story quite often. Also nobody really wants a doomsday weapon to be made, well expect if you are Xehanort.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes, that's true. And it's not THAT far from how Mickey does things, he usually is pretty slow on giving required information, and seems to forget to mention important details.
Here's something from Re:coded: while Data Riku's in Disney Castle from Datascape, they suddenly hear alarms going off and Riku tells them it's a hacker. It was comfirmed that Pete cut the link to the real World, but did that also mean he was the hacker, too? Until the cinema for Re:coded was made in 2.5 I never caught onto who cut the link, and my later guess was Xehanort, or someone with relation to him was hacking into the datascape's secrets. That would explain why M. Xehanort has this information in DDD, right? But, I suppose Maleficent could've just as easily passed on anything she discovered inside to him. I guess how Xehanort is able to know even Sora's deepest hidden secrets...that's another mystery.

To Eraqus, both were equally important though as he sees both Terra and Ven as "surrogate sons" of a sort.

If one is honest though anyone seems to have underestimated Xehanort's power. Even Yen Sid freaks out once he learns the true extent of his plans and not even Xehanort's closest accomplices, Braig and his own younger self, know exactly what's going on.

I don't get from where you got the notion that Ventus was a "threat"?
The reason Ventus wasn't allowed to leave was because he was too young (in Eraqus' eyes). The assertion that Ven wasn't allowed to leave because of him being a potential X-blade ingredient was a lie told by Master Xehanort in order to turn Ven against Eraqus and provoke the situation that would eventually culminate in Terra battling Eraqus.
Master Xehanort set the whole thing up, that's why he immediately called out to Terra afterwards and told him about "the fury" in Ven's eyes before sending him to LoD to confront Eraqus.

Exactly. On top of all this comes that after Xehanort brought Ven to his care four years ago and seemed truly remorseful for what he tried to do, Eraqus apparently was willing to give his former friend the benefit of the doubt and believed that Xehanort truly changed.
Too bad that Xehanort can be one hell of an convincing actor and "keep up appearances". Terra got hit with it also pretty hard.

In this situation Eraqus was acting on desperation and fear. As I stated above, it is pretty likely that Eraqus believed Xehanort had abandoned his ambitions for the X-blade after offering Ven into his care four years ago and seemed to be remorseful for what he did.
When Ventus came back to him knowing about the whole X-blade stuff, Eraqus realized that it was Xehanort who told him and that he did not give up his ambitions at all. Eraqus then also realized that Xehanort was already quite far ahead in pursuing this plan and decided to act rather than think.
While it is definitely morally wrong to attack Ventus (which he also soon after realized), Eraqus was certainly not acting out of malice, but out of desperation.

All of Birth By Sleep is one big lesson in why people shouldn't jump to conclusions or be hasty.

Now that you mention it, despite the official theme being "destiny is never left to chance", BBS as a whole does have the theme of bad things happening because people act rashly without thinking:

- Terra immediately draws his Keyblade when he sees Unversed appearing while still standing directly beside Snow White, inadvertently scaring her and causing the misconception that he send the monsters after her (this is later talked about in Ven's story).
- The dwarves immediately accusing Ventus of ill intent despite only seeing him for the first time as well as continuing to stubbornly antagonize him.
- Aqua constantly jumping to conclusions about Terra in zig-zaggy motions whenever she hears either positive or negative things about him.
- both Terra and Aqua acting rashly on emotional whims during the reunion at Radiant Garden instead of both listening to each others explanations.
- Ventus jumping to conclusions that Aqua's intent in Radiant Garden is "awful" and mean without actually considering the bigger picture.
- Terra guarding Hook's loot and fighting Peter Pan instead of hearing out his side first (to his credit, he acknowledges later that he picked a fight over nothing).
- Eraqus' actions towards both Ven and Terra that have been cited already so often.

These are only the instances I can think of on a whim. I'm pretty sure there are several more instances in BBS where characters act rashly.

Hmm. Maybe Eraqus was also so afraid of the X-Blade to be forged, because his and Xehanorts Master kept telling them how horrifying the Keyblade War was? It seems that their Master loved to tell that story quite often. Also nobody really wants a doomsday weapon to be made, well expect if you are Xehanort.

It's pretty likely that this plays into it as well.
It is implied that Eraqus knows quite a bit more about the whole legend of the first Keyblade War than he lets on. Xehanort even calls him out on it in the first snippet we got about the conversation between Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort.
He also says this to Xehanort in the flashback in BBS:
Eraqus said:
Wait, Xehanort. There is a reason the precepts bar us from such knowledge. Why do you seek the X-blade? Would you blanket all the worlds in darkness, reduce them to nothing!?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, "destiny is never left to change". Could this also be understood as Xehanorts manipulations? How he is always plotting, manipulating and making things go the way he wants them to go? I think he even kinda speaks about it in DDD. When Mickey says that MX ruined the lives of TVA, MX just says:" Ah but destiny is never left to change. I merely guided them to their proper places." Like he is acting as force of Destiny or something like that. Creepy.

I also find it really fascinating how he describes the BBS trio. Ventus: "The broken boy who failed to be the blade." Aqua: "The misguided master who sacrificed herself for a friend." Terra: " And the feckless youth who became my new vessel."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmm, "destiny is never left to change". Could this also be understood as Xehanorts manipulations? How he is always plotting, manipulating and making things go the way he wants them to go? I think he even kinda speaks about it in DDD. When Mickey says that MX ruined the lives of TVA, MX just says:" Ah but destiny is never left to change. I merely guided them to their proper places." Like he is acting as force of Destiny or something like that. Creepy.

Yes, it is. Xehanort sees himself as the propagator of destiny, or the necessary lynchpin to fate's plans. Without him, none of what has happened in this series would have happened and now he has set "destiny" on a course it cannot escape.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I also find it really fascinating how he describes the BBS trio. Ventus: "The broken boy who failed to be the blade." Aqua: "The misguided master who sacrificed herself for a friend." Terra: " And the feckless youth who became my new vessel."

Lol, its "chance", not "change". It essentially means there's never any coincidence involved when it comes to fate.
Yep, Xehanort sometimes likes to be melodramatic and emphasize his own importance. What he claims to be "inevitable destiny/fate" is in truth brought about not by destiny itself but by his very own machinations and manipulations. Xehanort practically "designs" fate and so far he has done a pretty sufficient (but certainly creepy) job on it.

Yes, it is. Xehanort sees himself as the propagator of destiny, or the necessary lynchpin to fate's plans. Without him, none of what has happened in this series would have happened and now he has set "destiny" on a course it cannot escape.

It fits also greatly with Xehanort's "A god am I"- end goal since as a higher being with the power of the true KH who has even the power to rearrange the whole universe, bending destiny/fate to his will can be done with a single finger snip and he would decide the ultimate fate of every living heart in existence.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Lol, its "chance", not "change". It essentially means there's never any coincidence involved when it comes to fate.

Nooo. :( I had only one job and failed.
I am really curious to learn how Xehanort became the person we see today. For the KHIII trailers, it seems like he was always curious about various different things, and maybe that curiosity corrupted him in the end. Or that he released his armor in the Lanes Between, but still the darkness did not swallow him.

Now that I also start to think about, it is an insane amount of suffering that Xehanort has caused over the years. It is really scary thought what he could do with the power of the true KH, since he is so capable being just a human. He always talks about balance, but what kinda world he would actually create?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Xehanort's actual goal has always confused me. I know that he wants the one true KH and, as a result, needs the X-Blade, but the games haven't been very clear about what he wants to do once he gets what he wants. At first it was something like "let's start an apocalypse to see what happens!" He'd just find the true light, which would cause Keyblade warriors to flock to it, duke it out, and destroy the universe... and he'd grab the popcorn to watch.

Now, it seems like he wants the true light to... uh... well, I'm going to assume he wants to power to do what he sees fit, which could amount to getting a god complex, ravaging all of existence, and remaking everything in a balance. Or it could all go horribly wrong.

"The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes." We all know MX has quite a lot of darkness. What other light besides the radiance of the true Kingdom Hearts could more effectively blow that kind of darkness completely out of proportion? Despite all the Xanatos Gambits and scheming he's pulled off, I'm getting the feeling that MX's master plan is going to go completely haywire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back