• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pink Agaricus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Okay, so this mushroom makes me want to pull my hair out. I am not having trouble getting items from it, I'm having trouble getting THE item (the cap). I have researched this topic on multiple sites. I've tried what everyone has suggested. I still can't necessarily make it to 100 hits. I end up at about 70 if I'm lucky. I can't imagine getting another 30 hits. I've done the Bambi trick, locking Donald and Goofy behind the wall. Then I use stop and aero. I'm using the right keyblade. I feel like I'm never going to get there because I dropped the staff in the beginning of the game so I guess I can't get the maximum MP? I'm only like 1 or 2 points away from maximum, though. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Oh yes, and I do the attack that hits the mushroom a bunch of times... where you have to lock on to his head (not body) and hit him until it lets you use the attack. It shoots a bunch of little lasers at him.

Awards
Yes, I think I've totally completed the game except for the Gummi Missions which I can't seem to find... I know I got the keyblade from Merlin that you get when you find all the magic.

Xeyril

Ugh, the gummi missions are the bane of my existence :/
you choose them from the world map, you put the cursor over a world and press square I think. A lot of them are pretty simple, but the last ones are HORRIBLE.
but yeah, I don't know if I ever got to 100 hits on the pink agaricus, just as many as I needed to synthesize all items
i used the Bambi trick, it's so flipping stupid that they didn't release a patch to fix this HORRIBLE oversight with the triangle button :/

Last edited:
Awards
I saw a few comments saying it was impossible, which doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you provide an impossible to get cap? But I have tried this about 50 times and it is not working. Thanks for the tip about the Missions. I kept trying to find them everywhere. Considering I couldn't get an S rank on the very first mission in KH2, I'm sure this will be hard. xD

Xeyril

Yeah, it probably is impossible sadly
its not something they did intentionally, triangle called Donald and goofy to attack the agaricus in the original, but ragnarok was not activated by triangle, so it wasn't a problem, Donald and goofy would just stand there and not attack it. But for the HD remix, they mapped ragnarok and the other attacks to triangle to make it easier and more consistent with the rest of the series. When they released it, no one noticed how it interfered with the agaricus, and I guess they just didn't care enough to release a patch for it, which is REALLY frustrating

i guess my advice for the best chance of getting to 100 hits is just try to make your timing as fast as humanly possible, max out you magic as much as you can, and use ethers if there's time

Last edited:
Awards
Yeah, it probably is impossible sadly
its not something they did intentionally, triangle called Donald and goofy to attack the agaricus in the original, but ragnarok was not activated by triangle, so it wasn't a problem, Donald and goofy would just stand there and not attack it. But for the HD remix, they mapped ragnarok and the other attacks to triangle to make it easier and more consistent with the rest of the series. When they released it, no one noticed how it interfered with the agaricus, and I guess they just didn't care enough to release a patch for it, which is REALLY frustrating

i guess my advice for the best chance of getting to 100 hits is just try to make your timing as fast as humanly possible, max out you magic as much as you can, and use ethers if there's time

Well I do get them stuck behind the wall the entire time so they technically can't hit with me, but I still only get about 70 hits. The game just does not give you enough time.

Xeyril

http://youtu.be/EVAf3jG0xCk

[video=youtube_share;EVAf3jG0xCk]http://youtu.be/EVAf3jG0xCk[/video]

heres a video of someone getting 100 hits on it in the HD remake, so it IS possible
just gotta have a TON of magic I guess. Mega ethers work pretty fast, if you can't get enough MP, I'd try using a few

Awards
Yep, seen that video. The only thing he seems to do differently is he had the sabertooth jump through the floor (which I didn't know was possible). Now, as I'm finished with the game, the saber is gone. :(

Although, it still shouldn't really affect me because I did trap Donald and Goofy. I have no idea what this guy is doing differently. It all looks the same. Just for some reason, his points shoot higher than mine.

So much of the time I can't tell 100% what people do in videos or what they have equipped, so I thought I'd ask the experts on this forum. It could just be that my hands don't work that fast. Or it could be that I dropped the staff. Sigh I might have to give up my goal at getting that blasted cap. I feel like Mario after he loses his cap, pretty useless. LOL!

Last edited:

Xeyril

Nah, don't give up! I actually think I might've gotten it without picking the staff. Just give it some more tries, make sure you have all the abilities you need equipped like all the air combo pluses, combo master, Donald and goofys abilities to make the summon last longer, goofys MP gift (so that he might give you se more MP from afar), and make sure you're using a leyblade that gives you the maximum MP, which I believe is Lady Luck. If you don't have it and can't find it, it can be found in the lotus forest in wonderland, I believe by activating a white trinity behind a wall of grass. Try counting how many times you're able to use ragnarok vs how many regular hits you get in and compare it to the video, maybe try to use fewer regular hits and hopefully ragnarok will appear sooner. I know you said you think you have all the spells, but double check to make sure you have aeroga and stopga, not just aero and stop or aerora and stopra

Xeyril

[video=youtube_share;ZGtPFIxdHI8]http://youtu.be/ZGtPFIxdHI8[/video]

This guy takes a different approach with Donald and goofy, but that's not the important part for you. In both of these videos, they have a bunch of MP left over, so I don't think you literally can't get enough. Notice how he casts aeroga, and then jumps right up against the agaricus's head as he casts stopga. I think that could be really important because it lets him start getting hits on it with aeroga IMMEDIATELY as he casts stop. Also notice how when he lands, he immediately uses ragnarok, and then he does a ratio of about 5 regular hits to one ragnarok. So if your what might be smart is to have air combo plus equipped so that your combo has 6+ hits, and then only hit it 5 times, as the finishing hit of a combo takes slightly longer than the others. And never give the agaricus an INCH, always stay right up against it so that aeroga is giving you hits constantly. If you're locked onto his head already, then I don't think you need to jump to start hitting its head, even when you're standing on the ground, just pressing X should make sora do an uppercut, saving a few moments and giving you maybe 7 or so extra hits. Make sure you have the ability where sora does the spinning jump thing when attacking a higher-up enemy from below, and not just an uppercut. Also notice his technique with Bambi, casting aeroga, and then letting Bambi stay just long enough for him to fill up his MP to max before attacking. That's risky, since aeroga might wear off before you finish, but as long as you don't wait TOO long, it should pay off by giving you an extra ragnarok, if MP is your main problem

Last edited:

Xeyril

Youre welcome! Yep, it's basically a matter of doing a bunch of things in as short a time as the game allows lol. But it's definitely possible, so good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back