• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Goosebumps

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A live action film based on the old goosebump book series from the 90s is coming out this October

After moving into a small town, a teenage boy named Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette) meets Hannah (Odeya Rush), his new neighbor. Hannah's father, R. L. Stine (Jack Black), who writes the Goosebumps stories, keeps all the ghosts and monsters in the series locked up in his books. When Zach unintentionally releases the ghouls and the monsters from the storybooks, Zach, Hannah, and Stine team up in order to put the monsters back where they came from, before it's too late.[2]
Here`s the first trailer

[video=youtube;7Cn716jv61s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cn716jv61s[/video]

Anagram

Banned
Welp I feel old now. Why are you always reminding me I'm old Swoosh?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
A live action film based on the old goosebump book series from the 90s is coming out this October

After moving into a small town, a teenage boy named Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette) meets Hannah (Odeya Rush), his new neighbor. Hannah's father, R. L. Stine (Jack Black), who writes the Goosebumps stories, keeps all the ghosts and monsters in the series locked up in his books. When Zach unintentionally releases the ghouls and the monsters from the storybooks, Zach, Hannah, and Stine team up in order to put the monsters back where they came from, before it's too late.[2]
Here`s the first trailer

[video=youtube;7Cn716jv61s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cn716jv61s[/video]

Oh look, it's Jack's "son" from Lost.

Anyway, the film actually looks decent, and like it will pay good homage to the Goosebumps nostalgia train. The books and some of the movies actually freaked me out as a kid (Welcome to Dead House *shudders*), but anything I rewatch today is cheesy as all hell. While I don't think this movie will be creeping any kids out though, it does look like a quality movie for kids to enjoy that should also hold the attention of those of us that grew up with the source material.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
It's not goosebumps unless it's got the cheesy actors and bad sfx.

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'll always remember reading the books.

"Night of the living Dummy" and remember how intimidating was Slappy. I believe there's some episodes on youtube. Been trying to find some old chapters but don't see it.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I remember reading these books when I was young. Looking back they were indeed cheesey xD Oh well.

This movie at least looks like some harmless fun. :3

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'll always remember reading the books.

"Night of the living Dummy" and remember how intimidating was Slappy. I believe there's some episodes on youtube. Been trying to find some old chapters but don't see it.

I remember Slappy. He was regarded as the best Goosebumps villain. It'd be great if he was the main villain in this movie

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Or Monster Blood or one of the threats that ended up well no happy ending, like that family who was in that Amusment park.

Now if you excuse me, Goosbumbs is on Netflux.

I remember an awkward one with two siblings finding out a hidden door to their basement and led to a coffin of sleeping vampire which turns out to be their grandfather; little did they know they were also vampires too.

The one I'm looking for is one where another two siblings are alone in this camp house I believe. And there's swamp monster that comes out and invades their haven while they manage to concoct a large stew with plenty of spices and vegetables. The monster looked like a long head dragon.

I remember Slappy. He was regarded as the best Goosebumps villain. It'd be great if he was the main villain in this movie

He never dies. He's always comes back. I forgot the curse chant that was used to wake him up.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I remember an awkward one with two siblings finding out a hidden door to their basement and led to a coffin of sleeping vampire which turns out to be their grandfather; little did they know they were also vampires too.

The one I'm looking for is one where another two siblings are alone in this camp house I believe. And there's swamp monster that comes out and invades their haven while they manage to concoct a large stew with plenty of spices and vegetables. The monster looked like a long head dragon.

He never dies. He's always comes back. I forgot the curse chant that was used to wake him up.

I believe the one with the kids finding the grandpa is called 'Vampire Breath.'
Monsters in the Goosebumps series - Goosebumps Wiki Here is a list of monsters if you are interested.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I think my very first Goosebumps ever was The Haunted Mask. I'd like to see that worked into this somehow, but who knows.

Also, I always kind of viewed Slappy as a child friendly version of Chuckie

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I think my very first Goosebumps ever was The Haunted Mask. I'd like to see that worked into this somehow, but who knows.

Also, I always kind of viewed Slappy as a child friendly version of Chuckie

Well, Chucky from 'Child's Play' was based off a real life doll named Robert, but that's a topic for another day.

There have been some good Goosebumps, like 'The Headless Ghost,' which is one of my primary favorite.

My younger half-sister thought it was pretty silly for this kid to fall down the elevator shaft and his face being the same color as his favorite ice cream, strawberry.

I wonder if RL Stine's other works will be included like 'The Haunting Hour?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back