• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I overleveled or what is this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage-Roxas

Awards
People say stuff like "the 2nd riku battle in hollow bastion is so hard!!!". Well, I've been replaying KH1 in Expert Mode lately and everything have been so easy for me and it kinda annoys me... About the Riku battle, I was on level 45 and it was so freaking easy and I didn't die even once. And people say like "omg its so hard!!!1". Three years ago when I played KH1 first time, the game was so much harder with challenge. And I played in Normal Mode. It just feels kinda weird how easier it is now... Well, I was 10 back then, maybe I was just bad.

So, please explain me, is level 45 really overleveled... or am I just a relly super cool pro gamer4lyf? :cool:

The only battle that have been challenging to me so far (and im in the really beginning of end of the world) was Dragon Maleficent battle.

And I'm not even a super relly cool pro gamer4lyf so I guess I'm just overleveled? What is the ideal level to beat something like second Riku battle in Hollow Bastion?

// I'm playing the PS2 version

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you are playing KH1FM in 1.5, then Riku II was balanced out more to be an easier boss. Most have found him less difficult in this version.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm playing the original PS2 version.
Then...maybe? I remember way back when that battle being really hard, but after grinding to about that level it was suddenly no problem. But I think it might have been because I switched to a different Keyblade at that point.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Riku second battle shouldn't be hard at all if you took your time through the game. I figured what happened to most players is that they ran out of MP to heal.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
On my first playthrough, I was a young man, and didn't bother to fight enemies if I didn't have to. This may seem like an immature way to play, but it led to more beautifully frustrating boss battles, and I plan on doing this again in KH3.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah, I noticed the same thing happening with my 1.5 playthrough, I just breezed through the game without dying once (well, not counting Sephiroth). I'd suggest avoiding fighting whenever you can to slow down leveling. The first game is the easiest anyway since there's no critical mode and few extra bosses. Definitely play 2.5, the data battles and absent silhouettes are sure to give plenty of challenge.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
At 45, I'd argue that you are just right for the second Riku battle. I had a difficult time the first time I played it when the game was first released, but that was because I was eleven and always attacked without thinking of equipping Counterattack. When you know how to block his attacks (as well as know which attacks to block) he actually does become a pushover. You can manage to get him into a loop where he doesn't even go into Desperation Mode (though I only managed this once on the PS2 original) if you relentlessly attack and counterattack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back