• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I Guess I Am Not Going Swimming This Summer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And I had planned to get over my phobia of swimming (love water, loved swimming, but when you fall into a pool things change) this summer, too. Looks like one more reason to remain scared.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Google "Pacu"

Not a fish you'd like to encounter in the wild :p

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Google "Pacu"

Not a fish you'd like to encounter in the wild :p

The same goes with the snakehead fish. Yeah, and there was a huge problem with them back on the east coast a few years ago, especially in my home state of Virginia.

Snakehead+fish1.jpg

You mean, this Pacu:

PACU+%28Piaractus+mesopotamicus%29+mazon+brasil+world+record+biggest+fish++world+ever+caught+big+huge+fishes+records+largest+monster+fishing+giant+size+images+pictures.bmp

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Sure, but that's a flattering picture of it. It's got human looking teeth.

So happy that we've got not dangerous fish or animals where I live!

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

According to Wikipedia, the Pacu is related to the piranhas, but unlike their meat-eating relatives they are herbivores. Pacu fish | Aquarium Fish - Exotic Fish

I believe I saw one of them at a pet store, of course I freaked out. The Pacu and the Oscar are probably more terrifying to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_HUIJkRzU Oh and here's a little present, the Goblin Shark.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The sea is full of scary looking creatures. I think we're so used to seeing "regular" fish that we're shocked to see other types of sea creatures that are rarely portrayed in media.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
And I had planned to get over my phobia of swimming (love water, loved swimming, but when you fall into a pool things change) this summer, too. Looks like one more reason to remain scared.

Swimming phobia? What happened? At least you don't know how it feels going into Typhoon Lagoon's Beach Wave and while running away from it you end up losing your beach shorts lol.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Bad Experience 1: I was swimming indoors at this gym and I was probably ten feet or more feet away from my baby sister and the pool wasn't that deep; however she started to drown and a life guard had to get her at the same time my mum went I reach her. I felt bad about it but I was eight years old.

Bad Experience 2: Same indoor swimming pool and gym, except I dived a little too deep and chipped my front tooth. Nobody can really tell or ever really notices it. And I thought I was the little mermaid at the time and a big fan of Disney.

Bad Experience 3: Me and my family were swimming at this indoor water park for vacation. I can't remember the name of it and there was this funnel slide; which people take one at a time. I went to go next and everything was fine as I slide down it and dropped down into the center of it where you exit the slide. Now, when you're dropping into ten to twelve (inches/feet) full of water with water rushing down atop of your head and unable to see and have to stay afloat, because your bikini top came loose... that's a problem. The life guard was there, but he did absolutely nothing to help me as I tried to keep myself from drowning and tie my top back into place at the same time. I came close to drowning and I was upset after I was able to get out on my own.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I've had a few bad moments.

One happened recently on my birthday, apparently I got a sore from going down the water slide and ran into a couple of people due to the fast pace of the lazy pool. This is probably a very trivial complaint about the waterpark I went to, but there were parents taking their kids into the hot tub, the place was called the Lava Pit. The rules stated, "No kid under fourteen is permitted without an adult." and another rule stated, "Lava Pit not meant for kids under seven."

Anyways, these kids were like three-years-old. The problem I have with them taking their little kids into the Lava Pit, or the waterpark's version of a hot tub was that little kids can't maintain their body temperature and it can be very hazardous side-effects on their bodies.

I was just irked that a parent would risk those dangers for their kids.

I once had a time where I went to this family friend/relative of my stepdad's. I remember we had to leave, because this fish thing came out during a certain period of the day. I am not sure if I dreamed it up, but I remember hearing that this brownish silhouette of a fish having a habit of eating anything.

noxy

I -love- swimming. In my family, knowing how to swim- and swim well- was mandatory. I was learned how to swim when I was 2 years old and still in diapers. :D The public pool that I took lessons at had a 20 ft high diving board, and I was the only kid that wanted to jump off of it. The teacher (who was my sister's boyfriend at one point) would follow me up the ladder, make me stand in one spot until he got in the water to catch me if I needed it, and then I'd jump!

That next Summer, when I was 3, I was on my hometown's swim team. I did that for 10 years. I regret quitting.

When I was in first grade, my got back into buying boats. We started off with a little Cobalt ski boat, but then he traded it in for a Sea Ray that had a cabin in it with 2 beds, a small bathroom, table and chairs, and cooking stuff. We slowly upgraded from there until my parents finally sold their house and bought a houseboat to live on.

tl;dr , growing up, my Springs and Summers were spent either in the pool or on the lake/river. Or at one of the swimming holes up in the mountains around my hometown.

The only bad experience with swimming that I've ever had happened when I wassss idk 6 or 7? My sister was lifeguarding at the pool with the 20 ft diving board that Summer (as opposed to the pool in our hometown). I'd just jumped off of the lower diving board and was swimming under the rope that separates the diving area from the rest of the pool, and my hair got caught in it- right by my scalp on the crown of my head. And I was on the corner, so no lifeguards could see me. I couldn't hardly get up for air, but I somehow finally managed to rip my hair out and get free.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I -love- swimming. In my family, knowing how to swim- and swim well- was mandatory. I was learned how to swim when I was 2 years old and still in diapers. :D The public pool that I took lessons at had a 20 ft high diving board, and I was the only kid that wanted to jump off of it. The teacher (who was my sister's boyfriend at one point) would follow me up the ladder, make me stand in one spot until he got in the water to catch me if I needed it, and then I'd jump!

That next Summer, when I was 3, I was on my hometown's swim team. I did that for 10 years. I regret quitting.

When I was in first grade, my got back into buying boats. We started off with a little Cobalt ski boat, but then he traded it in for a Sea Ray that had a cabin in it with 2 beds, a small bathroom, table and chairs, and cooking stuff. We slowly upgraded from there until my parents finally sold their house and bought a houseboat to live on.

tl;dr , growing up, my Springs and Summers were spent either in the pool or on the lake/river. Or at one of the swimming holes up in the mountains around my hometown.

The only bad experience with swimming that I've ever had happened when I wassss idk 6 or 7? My sister was lifeguarding at the pool with the 20 ft diving board that Summer (as opposed to the pool in our hometown). I'd just jumped off of the lower diving board and was swimming under the rope that separates the diving area from the rest of the pool, and my hair got caught in it- right by my scalp on the crown of my head. And I was on the corner, so no lifeguards could see me. I couldn't hardly get up for air, but I somehow finally managed to rip my hair out and get free.

Man, that's scary! I remember thinking when I was a little kid going into the deep end, I somehow believed that it affected me being taller than my cousin as a little kid and my ability of being able to swim. I had some strange beliefs as a child.

th

Do you mean these teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back