• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just Finished Watching Re:Coded (Spoilers)...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifreet91

EDIT: Well, apparently I don't know how to use spoiler tags on this forums... Can a mod fix it?

All I can say is wow. Why is there so much hate for it? I can't believe I never actually watched/played it in it's entirety.

Some thoughts:
The first Hollow Bastion visit. Wow. I found myself actually holding back tears in some scenes. Especially when Donald and Goofy told Sora that[B][I] his friends are his power.[/I][/B] (I thought that line was only used in DDD, and I [I]just[/I] now realized that it was the real Sora that said it in DDD!) Also, don't get me started on that scream Riku shouted out after getting corrupted. I got goosebumbs on that on. Kudos to David Gallagher and the English localization team.

And lets not forget that whole Castle Oblivion part. Again I was holding so much tears back after Sora and Roxas fought. I knew about the memories showing Axel, Roxas, Xion, and TAV but it hits harder when watching/playing it. Loved how everyone looked like they were in so much pain.

The only thing I don't get is the something in the Secret Ending II. YX sounded like he was about to say Xigbar at the end when Braig asked "Which one of these unlucky souls?", which would make sense seeing as Braig/Xigbar told Sora he was "Already half Xehanort" in DDD. But at that time in the Secret Ending scene he was still Braig...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
EDIT: Well, apparently I don't know how to use spoiler tags on this forums... Can a mod fix it?

All I can say is wow. Why is there so much hate for it? I can't believe I never actually watched/played it in it's entirety.

Some thoughts:
The first Hollow Bastion visit. Wow. I found myself actually holding back tears in some scenes. Especially when Donald and Goofy told Sora that[B][I] his friends are his power.[/I][/B] (I thought that line was only used in DDD, and I [I]just[/I] now realized that it was the real Sora that said it in DDD!) Also, don't get me started on that scream Riku shouted out after getting corrupted. I got goosebumbs on that on. Kudos to David Gallagher and the English localization team.

And lets not forget that whole Castle Oblivion part. Again I was holding so much tears back after Sora and Roxas fought. I knew about the memories showing Axel, Roxas, Xion, and TAV but it hits harder when watching/playing it. Loved how everyone looked like they were in so much pain.

The only thing I don't get is the something in the Secret Ending II. YX sounded like he was about to say Xigbar at the end when Braig asked "Which one of these unlucky souls?", which would make sense seeing as Braig/Xigbar told Sora he was "Already half Xehanort" in DDD. But at that time in the Secret Ending scene he was still Braig...

I don't know if Re: Coded even still needs spoiler tags except for the new secret ending. <__<

Actually, the "friends are my power"-line was first used in the very first Kingdom Hearts, prominently even as it was when Sora gained the Keyblade back (and it decided to chose Sora for good then) in Hollow Bastion.
All further uses of this lines are essentially a throwback to that one out-of-universe (the one in BBS happens chronologically first, but the game itself was released later).

The Castle Oblivion part in Re: Coded sets practically the stage for both the letter Mickey wrote that Sora & co. read at the end of KH 2 and for the events of DDD. The warnings that the pain of those individuals connected to Sora may overwhelm him and damage his heart spoken out by both Data-Roxas and Data-Naminé foreshadow exactly what happened during the events of DDD because Xehanort knew about that fact too and proceeded to use it against Sora, ordering Xemnas and Xigbar to do what they did during Sora's side of the story in DDD.

This scene of the new Secret ending is still ambigious, but most people theorize that Braig is actually talking about Isa. It is also possible that BOTH Braig and Xigbar are around due to Xehanort's time traveling powers, as the "Xigbar" we see in DDD could actually be a time traveler piggybacking on Young Xehanort.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The story of Coded is handled much better in the movie than it is in the game. The game does a poor job of explaining what's going on the majority of the time, so it's frustrating, which leads to the hate the game gets. The movie adds a lot more to it and also ties it to both KHx and KH3 with the additional cutscenes.

So, if you're wondering where the hate comes from, it's because the story is a much better experience in the film as opposed to playing the actual game. I beat Re:coded on DS and have watched the movie and the movie is definitely the superior experience from a plot standpoint.

I get chills every time I watch the Sora vs Roxas fight where Roxas says "It's time you learned what real hurt FEELS LIKE!" The voice acting is top notch. Very good emotional delivery in that line.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
The story of Coded is handled much better in the movie than it is in the game. The game does a poor job of explaining what's going on the majority of the time, so it's frustrating, which leads to the hate the game gets. The movie adds a lot more to it and also ties it to both KHx and KH3 with the additional cutscenes.

So, if you're wondering where the hate comes from, it's because the story is a much better experience in the film as opposed to playing the actual game. I beat Re:coded on DS and have watched the movie and the movie is definitely the superior experience from a plot standpoint.

I get chills every time I watch the Sora vs Roxas fight where Roxas says "It's time you learned what real hurt FEELS LIKE!" The voice acting is top notch. Very good emotional delivery in that line.

I agree with you. I am wondering if I should still get Re:Coded since I still have the case for it. I never beat the game like I said before and I watched the film. The film was more in depth than the game.

Didn't Re:Coded also have a theater mode like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days did? It was also nice that they added the cutscene with Young Xehanort and Braig to the film. I don't believe that was included with the game, though.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I agree with you. I am wondering if I should still get Re:Coded since I still have the case for it. I never beat the game like I said before and I watched the film. The film was more in depth than the game.

Didn't Re:Coded also have a theater mode like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days did? It was also nice that they added the cutscene with Young Xehanort and Braig to the film. I don't believe that was included with the game, though.

Neither the Tome of Prophecies scene nor the Braig scene were in the DS game. And yes, Recoded had theater mode, but it only showed the 3D rendered scenes, which are only a fraction of the cutscenes in the game, since a lot of them are those text bubble scenes, and unfortunately, a lot of very important plot info happens in those text bubble scenes. That's why the movie is better, because all of those text bubble scenes become full cutscenes and are easier to follow.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Neither the Tome of Prophecies scene nor the Braig scene were in the DS game. And yes, Recoded had theater mode, but it only showed the 3D rendered scenes, which are only a fraction of the cutscenes in the game, since a lot of them are those text bubble scenes, and unfortunately, a lot of very important plot info happens in those text bubble scenes. That's why the movie is better, because all of those text bubble scenes become full cutscenes and are easier to follow.

I guess, getting the DS game would be a waste of time. I remember having to sell a lot of stuff just to get Re:Coded when it first came out.

limit

Ooh, that remains one of my favorite lines from the series to this day.

You know, I'd highly recommend the game because the gameplay is probably my favorite in the series. But I guess you're more into the plot-side of things, so getting the game for that IS kinda pointless, as you said :p

Not to mention some people just don't like the gameplay either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back